Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
niks1 said:
Friends,

This never ending wait is taking its toll on me and my wife. After reading the following article (http://www.ronaambrose.com/media_/in-the-news2/canada-announces-further-measures-in-response-to-typhoon-haiyan), my wife wrote an email to Chris Alexander (MP). I don't know if this will make a difference or not, but here is his email address (chris.alexander @ parl.gc.ca)
Thank you for sharing this. Your post brought tears to my eyes, as I completely understand the pain and helplessness you and your husband feel, as I'm sure so many in this 'forum family' do.

If we all follow your example and send Mr. Alexander an email, perhaps we can pressure some progress. I am willing to try, and I hope others will do the same.

Thank you again for sharing...although I wouldn't wish this feeling on anyone, it is nice to know that we are not alone on this journey.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Nice post Niks.

Unfortunately I can all but guarantee it won't do anything to move applications. I honestly believe that the late 2012 inland apps and all of the 2013 apps so far have faced by far the worst process in many years. First the whole strike thing causing delays of over 6 months, and now this natural disaster.

I completely understand that the people in the Philippines that are affected need some help, but I feel like CIC is going about it the wrong way. To completely stop working on applications AGAIN is outrageous. Why not hire some temps to help facilitate the needs of the Philippines? Instead they take all of the inland workers and make them do the Philippine applications even though they are applying OUTLAND. Why not just take all the Outland officers and make them focus on the Philippines.

This whole process is mind-boggling to me and my attitude towards Canada's immigration system has since changed to a bad one.

I thought about emailing my MP because I'm almost at 11 months, but honestly what is that going to do? He's not able to fast track anything, so it's basically pointless. I should have gotten my AIP 2 weeks ago but since I barely missed the deadline of when 2013 applicants were getting news and the complete shut down again of our apps I have no idea when they will get around to starting up with 2013 applications.

I love this country, the land, the resources, the general population, but the leadership at the top of this country just isn't good enough.

End rant.

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
CANUSA31 said:
Nice post Niks.

Unfortunately I can all but guarantee it won't do anything to move applications. I honestly believe that the late 2012 inland apps and all of the 2013 apps so far have faced by far the worst process in many years. First the whole strike thing causing delays of over 6 months, and now this natural disaster.

I completely understand that the people in the Philippines that are affected need some help, but I feel like CIC is going about it the wrong way. To completely stop working on applications AGAIN is outrageous. Why not hire some temps to help facilitate the needs of the Philippines? Instead they take all of the inland workers and make them do the Philippine applications even though they are applying OUTLAND. Why not just take all the Outland officers and make them focus on the Philippines.

This whole process is mind-boggling to me and my attitude towards Canada's immigration system has since changed to a bad one.

I thought about emailing my MP because I'm almost at 11 months, but honestly what is that going to do? He's not able to fast track anything, so it's basically pointless. I should have gotten my AIP 2 weeks ago but since I barely missed the deadline of when 2013 applicants were getting news and the complete shut down again of our apps I have no idea when they will get around to starting up with 2013 applications.

I love this country, the land, the resources, the general population, but the leadership at the top of this country just isn't good enough.

End rant.
Hi CanuUSA31 have you contacted CIC about the delay.. what did they say ?

SaskiaL

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
Med's Done....
??-10-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP 12-11-2013 DM 22-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Quite honestly, I think that people in the Philippines who have lost their home or family have it much worse than us, who have somewhere to live and a partner and most likely a healthy family. I am also incredibly impatient for my PR and everything would be much easier if this process was finally over, but I won't complain because I know I can spend this night in a cozy bed and eat and drink whatever I want and call my mother if I want.

So, please don't take this to heart, but I find it inappropriate to put one's desire to travel and work over other people's need for a home.

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
SaskiaL said:
Quite honestly, I think that people in the Philippines who have lost their home or family have it much worse than us, who have somewhere to live and a partner and most likely a healthy family. I am also incredibly impatient for my PR and everything would be much easier if this process was finally over, but I won't complain because I know I can spend this night in a cozy bed and eat and drink whatever I want and call my mother if I want.

So, please don't take this to heart, but I find it inappropriate to put one's desire to travel and work over other people's need for a home.
I told this to my wife yesterday... Even if we're both in dire straits and she has been working very sick for the last 1 1/2 year, we still have each other, a roof and plenty of food.
One thing doesn't justify the other and they surely should hire some temps to deal with this, but if they won't, let us be compassionate and endure a little more... We can't lose our own humanity in the middle of all this...

giggles

Aug 29, 2013
I don't believe we have lost our compassion by recognizing we are feeling the pinch of these delays--albeit this latest tragedy and Canada's response to it is undeniably essential and the right thing to do. But must we, in our compassion, not look to other solutions that would solve both problems? If there was an easy way for families to at, the very least, have work authorizations so that they may keep the financial wolves at bay. How about putting those waiting in country to work assisting with processing -- let's face it, many of us here are almost as versed in immigration law and paperwork as current employees. Would not that serve everyone and preserve our humanity?

I'm sorry, but I don't know about many of you...but I am a Canadian working full time and working two other contract positions on the side to provide for my family as my husband awaits his approval. We are following the law to the letter and have been incredibly patient. My family lives as inexpensively as possible but we are one small disaster away from being homeless ourselves...and this is Canada. In December. I also realize that we have done this to ourselves....for love...where the good people in distress right now had this horror occur against their will and out of the blue. I hurt for them and wish we could do something to ease their suffering. But I also worry for the many families here...that wait and struggle and are afraid they won't make it all the way. It seems particularly cruel that we are not even allowed to vent our concerns and fears here on this forum without being accused of being heartless.

MaddyD

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-04-2013
Med's Request
23-01-2014 (+AIP)
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
giggles said:
I don't believe we have lost our compassion by recognizing we are feeling the pinch of these delays--albeit this latest tragedy and Canada's response to it is undeniably essential and the right thing to do. But must we, in our compassion, not look to other solutions that would solve both problems? If there was an easy way for families to at, the very least, have work authorizations so that they may keep the financial wolves at bay. How about putting those waiting in country to work assisting with processing -- let's face it, many of us here are almost as versed in immigration law and paperwork as current employees. Would not that serve everyone and preserve our humanity?

I'm sorry, but I don't know about many of you...but I am a Canadian working full time and working two other contract positions on the side to provide for my family as my husband awaits his approval. We are following the law to the letter and have been incredibly patient. My family lives as inexpensively as possible but we are one small disaster away from being homeless ourselves...and this is Canada. In December. I also realize that we have done this to ourselves....for love...where the good people in distress right now had this horror occur against their will and out of the blue. I hurt for them and wish we could do something to ease their suffering. But I also worry for the many families here...that wait and struggle and are afraid they won't make it all the way. It seems particularly cruel that we are not even allowed to vent our concerns and fears here on this forum without being accused of being heartless.
Here here!! Could not have put it better myself.

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Alurra71 said:
She will be on implied status and can continue working as per her current work permit, UNLESS this current permit is an IEC or a PGWP which can not be renewed and will not be covered by implied status.
PGWP does qualify for implied status. Ive spoken with the cic and asked them this. On two different occasions i was told that PGWP is a type of OWP and that DOES qualify for implied status....and i then said "I read on the CIC website that PGWP does not qualify for extensions" and i was then told "being on implied status does not constitute as an extension"
There is another poster on here ...i forgot her name, but she got a letter stating that she can indeed work once her PGWP expires because she's waiting for AIP and she HAS applied for a OWP.

Maxician

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-13
AOR Received.
23-03-13
I truly believe that PROCESSING TIMES are arbitrary and political decisions most of all, rather than just the average time it actually takes an officer to evaluate an application (even if there is a limited number of officers an that it could cost them more to evaluate us than the money we pay in fees, etc). CIC is administrating the overwhelming income of something the economic development of the country already needs, immigrants. They need us, but they charge us $ and make us wait in order to let us help them :-\

hotsjf

Oct 4, 2013
Maxician said:
I truly believe that PROCESSING TIMES are arbitrary and political decisions most of all, rather than just the average time it actually takes an officer to evaluate an application (even if there is a limited number of officers an that it could cost them more to evaluate us than the money we pay in fees, etc). CIC is administrating the overwhelming income of something the economic development of the country already needs, immigrants. They need us, but they charge us $ and make us wait in order to let us help them :-\
Agree. Inland applicants should have the highest priority, because we are paying the fee and TAX all the time.

I wish there could be some kind of protest, this is so unfair.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
@ SaskiaL

I agree 100%. I'm not whining about them getting priority, as I strongly believe they need the most help.

What I'm saying is that I feel like CIC isn't allocating their resources and workers effectively.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
bankerguy said:
PGWP does qualify for implied status. Ive spoken with the cic and asked them this. On two different occasions i was told that PGWP is a type of OWP and that DOES qualify for implied status....and i then said "I read on the CIC website that PGWP does not qualify for extensions" and i was then told "being on implied status does not constitute as an extension"
There is another poster on here ...i forgot her name, but she got a letter stating that she can indeed work once her PGWP expires because she's waiting for AIP and she HAS applied for a OWP.
You are right, some folks are indeed getting letters stating they are legal to work. There are others who got denied their PR for working illegally. It's really up to you to choose which you feel is going to be the route to take. PGWP is NOT the same as an open work permit, it can NOT be extended and working on 'implied' status is the same as extending it.

This is something that is brought up at a minimum on a monthly basis and each time folks are urged to follow through with all the information and not just assume those at the CIC call center know what they are talking about. Ignorance of the law is not an acceptable answer to CIC when they ask you why you have worked beyond your expiry date on your workers permit.

Also, you should be aware that CIC handles MANY types of applications and they do NOT differentiate between family class or CEC class applications when getting information to you on the phone.

If you are applying for PR under CEC class, PGWP is certainly extendable, and works quite well under 'implied status' however, it does not work that way for family class. Are you applying under CEC for your PR? If the answer is no then I would suggest you do NOT work past the expiry date or you might find yourself with a PR denial and your spouse under a deportation order for violating her working conditions ....

Some links and information for you to look at this for yourself:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/apply-inland-after-iec-expire-keep-working-and-now-aip-refuse-t163087.0.html

direct quote from CIC Canada:

"The PGWPP allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

and some more quotes about 'renewing' or 'bridging' (aka implied status) your PGWP:

"Can I renew my post-graduation work permit in order to keep working while my Canadian Experience Class application is being processed?

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program is a one-time opportunity for international students who graduate from certain Canadian post-secondary institutions. If you are awaiting a decision on your CEC application and your post-graduation work permit is about to expire, you may be able to apply for a bridging open work permit.

Bridging open work permits allow qualified applicants whose work permits are about to expire to keep working while they wait for a final decision on their permanent residence application.

Find out if you are eligible to apply for a bridging open work permit." information pulled from here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=676&t=6

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Now I feel like a whiney douchebag!

I just got AIP and DM!!!! Both emails sent to the Sponsor.

Doesn't say anything about OWP being approved, but I'll be patient for that.

For those 2013's that have gotten AIP/DM did the principal applicant get any emails?

Engaged and AIP/DM in a 5 days span. WOW I'm lucky.

At least this is proof to the rest of us that they are working.

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Many Many Congrats CANUSA31....

CANUSA31 said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Now I feel like a whiney douchebag!

I just got AIP and DM!!!! Both emails sent to the Sponsor.

Doesn't say anything about OWP being approved, but I'll be patient for that.

For those 2013's that have gotten AIP/DM did the principal applicant get any emails?

Engaged and AIP/DM in a 5 days span. WOW I'm lucky.

At least this is proof to the rest of us that they are working.