20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
fy2013 said:
I actually feel bad for you Screech. do You like playing God? do you get off on judging people?
so you think the guy didn't do his homework!
so let's put it this way, he met a Canadian and they slept together, she got pregnant and they both thought they want to stay together. they had 3 options, either they apply for Outland processing and he would need to either stay in canada unemployed for the whole period of his stay, move back to NZ while his partner is pregnant! or apply inland with what seemed to be a promise of service of 8 months of processing.
You may want to re-read the article.

"Hacche applied for residency this July, but he's now facing a wait of more than a year before his application is initially approved, leaving him unable to work and support his young family in the meantime."

I know for sure it wasn't 8 months to get AIP at the time.

That sounds to me that he applied July 2014. Unless the article was made and documented over a year ago back in July 2012 or 2013?

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
While I respect your contribution in this focum, screech339, please don't judge this poor husband as I do feel his pain....
screech339 said:
While I understand the plight of the couple in the article, they knew the timeline process for inland processing. They applied in July past. You can't tell me that they didn't know the timeline when they applied. They were not forced to apply inland. They could have easily applied outland and face a much shorter processing PR. The husband would have likely have already landed if not very close to landing as PR by the time the article was published.

Screech339

fy2013

Oct 14, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
if he applied in July of 2014, inland certainly was NOT "a promise of service of 8 months of processing". I'm pretty sure this guy applied THIS past summer, as in 2014, when processing was at 14-15 month processing, NOT at the original 6-8 month time frame. or did i read that wrong in the article?
processing time online was not 14-15 months in July.
can you please specify the aim of your post? do you think this guy is given a proper treatment? this is one example of one case where a couple are not able to support their family the way they should. and your take is that they didn't act smart.
also please do tell us that we were not treated bad by CIC.
this lack of empathy is sickening.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
hshi said:
hi there, I have to disagree with you on this issue. You are right that appling outside Canada does not require you to leave Canada. However, they do not have first stage approval which means you don't get Medical coverage until your close is fully closed. In the case of New Zealand, not sure how long it may take. Second, if apply outside Canada and if you are required to attend interview, you have to fly back to Zealand. Nobody knows why CIC is so sloppy. Can we simply focus on this point and don't get distracted? No need to blame the husband as we are all victims

thanks
if he's from NZ, most likely he would be approved and allowed to work AND apply for healthcare in about 6-8 months, or sooner. this is still shorter than first stage approval when they applied inland. it really doesn't matter at this point because they made the choice to apply inland since that was the right decision for them.

again, i am not saying attention should not be given to the travesty of inland processing, i'm just saying that GOOD journalism gets ALL facts first AND reports them CORRECTLY, which this article does not do. how can this help, if it's giving wrong information? so i guess we would have to agree to disagree.

fy2013

Oct 14, 2014
screech339 said:
You may want to re-read the article.

"Hacche applied for residency this July, but he's now facing a wait of more than a year before his application is initially approved, leaving him unable to work and support his young family in the meantime."

I know for sure it wasn't 8 months to get AIP at the time.

That sounds to me that he applied July 2014. Unless the article was made and documented over a year ago back in July 2012 or 2013?
so you think he shouldn't be allowed to work? maybe he should just suffer in silence?

Sept 11 2013

Star Member
Nov 25, 2013
Hi Inlanders Help,

So i try to send the following document thru email but it didnt go thru.
BELOW IS THE MESSAGE
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca>:
205.194.127.90 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 552 Error: message too large

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
fy2013 said:
processing time online was not 14-15 months in July.
can you please specify the aim of your post? do you think this guy is given a proper treatment? this is one example of one case where a couple are not able to support their family the way they should. and your take is that they didn't act smart.
also please do tell us that we were not treated bad by CIC.
this lack of empathy is sickening.
did i say anything about inland processing be ok? No, i did NOT, so please don't try to pick a fight with me. if you actually read my posts, you would see i am very empathetic toward inland processing and don't think it should be what it is.

i'm pretty sure inland processing stage one was indeed at 15 months (or close to it) this summer. i appologize if i am a month off or so in my calculations. it certainly was NOT at 8 months in July 2014.

fy2013

Oct 14, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
if he's from NZ, most likely he would be approved and allowed to work AND apply for healthcare in about 6-8 months, or sooner. this is still shorter than first stage approval when they applied inland. it really doesn't matter at this point because they made the choice to apply inland since that was the right decision for them.

again, i am not saying attention should not be given to the travesty of inland processing, i'm just saying that GOOD journalism gets ALL facts first AND reports them CORRECTLY, which this article does not do. how can this help, if it's giving wrong information? so i guess we would have to agree to disagree.
let us then focus on the positive, on the fact that this is probably one of the few chances this group had to go public on their issue with CIC.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
fy2013 said:
so you think he shouldn't be allowed to work? maybe he should just suffer in silence?
when did i say that? i did not say he shouldn't be allowed to work OR suffer in silence. please stop putting words in my mouth. i am just concerned that the FACTS in the article are not 100% right, and how THAT can affect the validity of the article and the cause.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
fy2013 said:
I am not saying he is not allowed to work. But there is such a thing called accountability to your decisions you make. If I was in his shoes, I would have probably take the same steps. Apply inland so I can be with my pregnant wife. However I would be aware of my decision that applying inland, I have to wait at least AIP to be able to work. It seems to me that he wants to have his cake and eat it too without being accountable to his decision.

The article mentioned that at time of applying for inland PR, it was 16 months for 1st stage and 8 months for second stage.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Inlanders Help,

BELOW IS THE MESSAGE

<CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca>:
You need to make the attachments smaller size. Or you can try and send more separate emails, but in this case make sure to highlight that one email is just a part of your documents. Sending smaller attachments sounds safer.

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
Sept 11 2013 said:
Hi Inlanders Help,

BELOW IS THE MESSAGE

<CPCM-EXTCOM @ cic.gc.ca>:
It is simply your attached file is too large. So you need to find another method to reduce the size of ur file.

fy2013

Oct 14, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
when did i say that? i did not say he shouldn't be allowed to work OR suffer in silence. please stop putting words in my mouth. i am just concerned that the FACTS in the article are not 100% right, and how THAT can affect the validity of the article and the cause.
check the quote, it wasn't directed at you. and I have no interest in picking a fight with you.

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
No need for 100% right on this news. People will start to question why it's taking over two 2 years to process inland application and why a Canadian spouse are not allowed to work while non-canadian spouse are allowed to work. That's all we need to know.

rhcohen2014 said: