+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Liz1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
krissikris said:
Thanks Screech, we got to cic Etobicoke at about 9:00am, our appointment was stated on the letter for 9:45am. We brought our 19 month old son thinking that we would get through a little faster but it wasn't so at all. we were call to the counter at about 11am, they took my passports,2 photo, our drivers licence. the asked if i was convicted for any crimes before-no, if i have any other dependents other than the 2 on the application that was accompanying me to Canada-no, then told me initial here, there, and sign here. They then asked Kristina if she was sure about her undertaking for 3 years-me and 10 years-the girls-yes, then was told to have a seat to be called to apply for my permanent SIN number, in the end because of new changes in their system, i couldn't get the SIN because my accompanying dependents has not yet arrive in Canada. i will still use my temporary SIN until my dependents and PR card arrives as it is still valid.
Btw they will email Canadian High commission in my home country that i am a permanent resident effective today so they can issue visas for my dependents there.
Congratulations for your landing!!I wan to ask you as I also have one accompany dependant my son outside Canada. Is you PR confirmation listing the names of your dependants overseas? My PR confirmation has my son's name as accompany dependant, does that means he is permanent Resident too?
They told me the same that the embassy overseas will issue visa for my son when i became PR but I am still waiting. Now I am going in september to pick him up hoping i can bring him to Vancouver with me, but i am confuse about what do I need to request for him in the embassy overseas, is it a PR travel document? Or is it a multiple entry visa to come to Vancouver? We haven't gotten our PR cards yet..and I am not from visa excempt country.
I'll appreciate any help :)
[/quote]

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANUSA31 said:
Just wondering if anyone knows...who gets the AIP email, the sponsor or principal applicant?
Hi CANUSA31,
For AIP, both sponsor and principal applicant will receive 2 different emails. The email to the sponsor will say that he/she is eligible as a sponsor, and the one sent to principal applicant will say that he/she meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class and that he/she can now apply for Open Work Permit.

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So my landing interview is tomorrow and i have a question to ask. My spouse's driver license still has his old address on so I wonder if that will effect anything in the interview. 3 weeks ago, we already went to change the address on his card but the new card still hasnt arrived yet. We're planning to bring other proofs to the interview just like joint bank account statements and the lease that has both our names on it. I would very much appreciate any other advice :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
neyuli said:
So my landing interview is tomorrow and i have a question to ask. My spouse's driver license still has his old address on so I wonder if that will effect anything in the interview. 3 weeks ago, we already went to change the address on his card but the new card still hasnt arrived yet. We're planning to bring other proofs to the interview just like joint bank account statements and the lease that has both our names on it. I would very much appreciate any other advice :)
When you get an address change done on your drivers licence, they usually give you a temporary driver licence paper with new address along with statement saying valid with photo driver licence only or something to that effect. Your original licence will say something like photo valid only sticker on it. So as long as you show your temporary licence allong with driver licence with old address, you're fine.

Screech339

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
When you get an address change done on your drivers licence, they usually give you a temporary driver licence paper with new address along with statement saying valid with photo driver licence only or something to that effect. Your original licence will say something like photo valid only sticker on it. So as long as you show your temporary licence allong with driver licence with old address, you're fine.

Screech339
Thanks Screech! Thats what i'm going to do :D. Should have rushed my spouse to change it earlier but we got lazy. lol sigh

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
neyuli said:
Hi CANUSA31,
For AIP, both sponsor and principal applicant will receive 2 different emails. The email to the sponsor will say that he/she is eligible as a sponsor, and the one sent to principal applicant will say that he/she meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class and that he/she can now apply for Open Work Permit.
Oh....that's what should have happened? And I got a medical request instead of a transferred file. Oh well......I guess my husband and I just have to keep on being patience......one document request and we had to wait this long for the AIP......and now one more delay due to one more medical request.... Its like wow......and my hubby and I tried to be so careful to do everything just right from the beginning.....so the process would go smoothly and fast...... Oh well......another couple of months added to the wait I guess

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
Oh....that's what should have happened? And I got a medical request instead of a transferred file. Oh well......I guess my husband and I just have to keep on being patience......one document request and we had to wait this long for the AIP......and now one more delay due to one more medical request.... Its like wow......and my hubby and I tried to be so careful to do everything just right from the beginning.....so the process would go smoothly and fast...... Oh well......another couple of months added to the wait I guess
Getting a medical done after AIP, whether it was already done or first time, may or may not delay your process. Some has gotten a DM not long after getting a medical done after AIP. Others it didn't affect their overall timing. Others may get delayed but usually not very much. It won't be as bad as getting a document request before getting AIP as it is a totally roll of the dice. Did you get put back in the bacl of the line again and wait for 6 more months in your case or for some , they were simply put in the same queue as they currently in and get AIP in normal 6 months timeline.

Like a few people be saying, every one's case is totally different from others. Some gets landed in 10 months, others 2 years or more despite everyone filling out the same application forms and submitting all their required docs.

Screech339

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
jenny12345 said:
Congrats Karito! Same thing happened with me she put my last entry date (2 weeks vacation in the US) as my original entry date which is incorrect so I had to do this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5218ETOC.asp

Maybe its important when applying for citizenship in the future or just to be sure. It has no processing fee.
Thank you Jenny I will do that, one more question? Will they send me a new COPR or how will I know the correction was made?

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
neyuli said:

Same happened to me, my spouse still have our old address is his driver's licence which is just a different apartment in the same building, so he thinks is a waste of time to change it. Yesterday in my landing interview the officer didn't even ask him anything, we joked that I could go with anybody and they wouldn't even know if be was my spouse, for what I notice and I read in another thread here, you sponsor (if they ask about proof of living together could show any document which proof you live together) is up to the person to show whatever they want, but most of the cases they don't even ask the sponsor for that. Good luck tomorrow and one more thing read carefully your COPR before you signed dot be like me lol now I have to fill out some forms for the correction of my original entry to canada :p

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hi Guys,

Just landed today at exactly 11:15am at CIC edmonton office.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Augustos said:
Hi Guys,

Just landed today at exactly 11:15am at CIC edmonton office.
Congrats Augustos. You landed just 2 days shy of exactly 1 year since you submiited your application.

Screech339

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Thanks screech, yes, 2days before exactly 1 year. my file was transferred to other office before getting AIP, almost 8 months
when i received my AIP then after that everything went smoothly.

screech339 said:
Congrats Augustos. You landed just 2 days shy of exactly 1 year since you submiited your application.

Screech339

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
Hi everyone,

I have been reading this topic for last few months. Similar to canadaeh1234, we were waiting for our interview date from the Vancouver office for months after our DM in May 8, 2013.
Finally we got a letter requesting where we've traveled for the last 6 month so they can have "an extension of medical result".

Well, we can't go anywhere really. But since OWP, we drove across the border a few times.

Does that mean will we get another DM? Or we will be getting a landing interview date soon???

Pretty frustrated...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jay2011 said:
Hi,

new to the forum...i am an dec 2012 inland applicant awaiting aip...cic received my application on 12/12 and i got AOR on 23/01. i had also applied for owp along with it. i am currently in Canada on a closed work permit.

Just wondering if any1 ard 12 Oct has even received AIP?

also if someone could add me details to the spreadsheet :)
Hi jay2011,

I will add you to the spreadsheet. I would like additional info if possible. Could you also provide me what country you are coming from and where you are living? Did you submit your med and police check with your app along with your OWP form.

I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks

Screech339