21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
QuebecOkie said:
I wonder how many of us DO gain some weight or experience other declines in health throughout the PR application process? I know I've gained some weight. I tend to overeat and exercise less or not at all when I'm depressed, and I've fought through several periods of moderate depression in the year+ that I've been here. It's not *just* the PR thing (my husband is gone for long periods of time, and culture shock is an issue, as I am still not yet bilingual), but that's a big part of it.
I know I've gained about 10 pounds in the last year. I think a lot of mine is due to the fact that I stopped working when I moved over here with my hubby, for obvious reasons! I can't possibly be as active as I was when I was still working. My job was quite 'intensive' on the body, and on my feet 10 hours a day 5 days a week! I am NOT going to run up and down my stairs 10 hours a day to try and recreate my previous job environment. LOL!

Hubby still loves me, sure he likes to tease me and call me 'fluffy' but I know he is just teasing me and means nothing by it. It gives us a much needed laugh and stress reliever!

To all you who are waiting in limbo with us, if you gained a few or changed a bit during this process, as long as your spouse still loves you, don't worry so much about what you think you look like! I know self esteem is hard to maintain in these kind of situations because we feel so dang helpless and dependent but there is something good about us, otherwise we wouldn't have spouses willing to put up with us being underfoot 24/7, right? *big cheesy grin*

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
I wonder how long it will be before the AIP starts coming it, am sure we have members here over 10 months and counting....., CIC needs a prayer and an holy man to lay hands on them!

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
News in today's Ottawa Citizen concerning PAFSO strike . Not very optimistic...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/PAFSO+says+Tony+Clement+showed+faith+foreign+service/8817430/story.html

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Just wondering if anyone knows...who gets the AIP email, the sponsor or principal applicant?

jay2011

Aug 22, 2013
Hi,

new to the forum...i am an dec 2012 inland applicant awaiting aip...cic received my application on 12/12 and i got AOR on 23/01. i had also applied for owp along with it. i am currently in Canada on a closed work permit.

Just wondering if any1 ard 12 Oct has even received AIP?

also if someone could add me details to the spreadsheet :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
CIC updated the processing times. They are still working on applications received on October 12, 2012.
......OK, I expected it.
But they show '6 months' again! What happens? Is it a good sign? I hope so. ??? :-\

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
:eek: So CIC is no better at basic match than they are at consistently and efficiently processing our apps. :mad:

*sigh* Gonna be a lot of drinking this weekend. 10 months tomorrow. But who's counting?? (Besides CIC, and they're counting October to August as 6 months, so to hell with that.) At least I'll have a French course starting on base next week to keep me busy, as it's apparently going to be a while yet.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
I'm starting to wonder if they are just laughing at us when they do these crazy-@ss updates.

Jaimeirl

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-12-12
AOR Received.
22-1-13
Med's Request
24-10-13
Med's Done....
Nov 12 and 18-11-13
LANDED..........
11-06-14
Well I was just into the call centre and they told me the wait time was 10 months as the site said,which then I informed her it was changed back to 6 months,hen she got all confused and checked and said yes your right but there still working on oct 12th apps.this is so frustrating,my 6 months was up on July 13th but with the 10 months that pushes it to October :mad: at this stage now my wife and I are finding it very hard to live and have a life on a single income,it's frustrating both of us has us all edgy with one an other,becoming cranky all the time,it's just not fair what they are doing :( :( :(

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
After no update last week I was expecting some movement. Even just one day. I really think they just want to mess with us. Why change it from 10 months back to 6 when no progress has been made? Unless they want to give new applicants false hope who don't know what has been going on. We really don't need Oct 12th to be another Oct 8th.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Thank you so much guys. :) Yes it was a long long wait for our AIP. We imagined so many things during these 6 last months waiting....and all bad things off cause. So that was such a relief to se the email. The email was sent to Dale (the sponsors) account. And I got the email about the re doing of the medical to my email account.

Yes I so agree with you guys....its been a very hard time waiting. All the energy has gone to take care of all the feelings. And as time has gone by, less energy has gone towards working out. That's for sure. And to get some comfort it has been many nights:
- Lets go and get something yummy and have a cozy movie night.
A bad circle to get stuck in. All these feelings has been so hard to handle and it has made us so drained out.....so there was no energy left to go for the powerwalks or work outs. If there is one good thing about their medical request, it will be the motivation to get going again, and think about our physical health again. So I guess we will have something to thank them for in the end ;D
Since my hubby and I has been having the same feelings and both have gained some weight, we are in this together too. And that feels so nice. So we will both put in the effort to get more healthy again. So yesterday we cleaned out the fridge and we are going to fill it today with just healthy stuff.....and we found a gym we are signing into this week. lol So we will try to use a negative to become a positive :D

I know you are right my friends......the medical is an easy thing. But there is always that little What if...... What will happen if they find something serious......Will we stumble on the finish line........ I remember I was just as nervous when I went through the medical last time. I felt like I was an animal going through inspection, to see if I was good enough to be bought. Was I going to be good enough? I don't think I ever been so scared to get a call from a doctor, as I was after the last medical. And I was so unbelievable happy when all that was over with. And no call came. So maybe its those old memory feelings coming back again.....I don't know.....

Oh well......now its passed some hours since I got the request.....and Im thinking: It is what it is. Im going to enjoy the AIP and do the best of this. Focusing on getting active again and eating better and not focusing on what the medical will say. Just go though it, when the day comes.

Thank you guys for sharing about your feelings and weight gain and all the downsides to this process. It gives comfort to know we are all in the same boat. Even if its a rocky ride from time to time. And thank you guys for giving the light of hope, in the worrying hours.

Congrats to all of you that has got so good news lately. Im so happy for you guys. And I wish all of you waiting for AIP, news fast now. I really hope there is something good going on, now when they changed it back to 6 months again.

Hugs and hope to you all :)

somewhatstressed

Oct 24, 2012
QuebecOkie said:
:eek: So CIC is no better at basic match than they are at consistently and efficiently processing our apps. :mad:

*sigh* Gonna be a lot of drinking this weekend. 10 months tomorrow. But who's counting?? (Besides CIC, and they're counting October to August as 6 months, so to hell with that.) At least I'll have a French course starting on base next week to keep me busy, as it's apparently going to be a while yet.
Living in the area, it's easy to explain. It's festival and fair season. Two weekends ago it was the Vegreville Ag Fair, week before that there was a Ukraninan fair, last week was the trip to Skaro Shrine and this week, another Ukranian festival up the road in Andrew. I mean, it's hard to focus when you are excited for the weekend. Moving it back to 6 months just shows that they can not wait for Babas and Borshch! Man I hope they got tickets for Zabava or they will be disappointed...

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Yeah, the medical wasn't fun for me, either. Not because of worries about the outcome; just the process. I drove down to Québec to have mine done. Husband was at work, so I went alone. I have a bit of French, but not a lot. However, I try to be respectful of Québecers and always try in French. One receptionist was very nice and helpful, and the doc was nice. Told me I had more French than his three-year-old grandson, haha. One lady was quite rude when I went for my x-ray, though. I've learned not to ask if someone speaks English, but rather, I apologize, tell them that my French isn't very good, ask them to speak slowly. One woman gave me a hospital gown and said something quickly I didn't catch. I told her, "Desolée, mon français n'est pas bon. Pouvez-vous parler plus lentement, s'il vous plait?" (I'm sorry, my french isn't good, can you speak more slowly, please?" She kind of huffed and replied, "Je ne parle pas l'anglais." (I don't speak English.) Okay, Miss NastyBritches, I kind of guessed that. That's why I just asked you to speak SLOWLY! Ugh!

But, got it done, and CIC has my medical report now, according to a response I got to my CSE about that. Just more waiting now.

Maybe I'll use this thread and my fellow fluffier immigrants as motivation to go down and get on Le Monstre (my elliptical machine). Been trying to talk myself into it for a few hours...