AOR Received.
06-06-2012
Med's Request
30-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-02-2013
DaleandMonica said:
:D

OMG we got the email. AIP approved :D We have been so unbelievable nervous since its taken them so long with our application. But now we finally got it. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
yaay... lol...thats such a good news!! Hope rest of the process doesnot take that long for you!!

Party time I guess ;)

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
YEAHHHH first AIP in a lONGGGGG TIME!!!!!!!!!! :)

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on all the AIP's!!!!!! :) Hope the rush will keep on coming

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
I landed today ;D felt so unreal now! first was an hour of PowerPoint presentation about PR rights and so on, we were like 20 couples, then we all went to a different room and wait for turn, I was anxious because I didn't have the letter interview and my spouse still have our old address, so we brought a bunch of proof , but they didn't even ask him anything lol. Anyway the officer was a really nice guy, that was fast he just asked me the three questions that everybody got ask and he said congratulations now you are permanent resident , I guess he saw in my face disbelieve hahaha I mean was so fast that I was confused, he just smiled and said that's it.

Anyway I have a question, when I got home and checked my COPR , they wrote the same date on last entry in canada and original entry, but my original entry was a year before the last entry, we remembered the officer saying something about pension , is this going to affect me in the future? Or if anybody experienced an error before ? And how can I get it right?

Btw I want to thank everybody here , this forum helped me a lot and good luck to all of you. Please if somebody can help me one more time with my question, would be awesome, thanks

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
Thanks guys. I just checked my email....after we checked Dales email and saw the AIP. And I had an email too. I have to re do the medical. Oh.....here we go again. I was so nervous the last time I went for the medical.....and now I have to go through it again. :'( Couldn't we just have gotten a few days to be NOT worried and just be happy :( Well...you might think, I shouldn't be worried, since I passed the first time. But it's my biggest fear. Im thinking....Im middle aged.....gained some wait since the last time.....so I'm just so scared not to pass for some reason. Oh I so do NOT want to go through it again :( But I have the bestest hubby.....he knows how scared I am.....so we will start at a gym tomorrow and eating healthy, so I get to feel more confident about this.

Was the medical as scary for you guys, as it was and is for me?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
DaleandMonica...CONGRATS! You've been waiting even longer (MONTHS longer!) than me, and I'm so happy you finally heard something!

As for the medical (*firm but kind smack to your face*) NO! Not scary. Unless you got tuberculosis between now and then, you should be fine. Your physical fitness or any non-communicable diseases are not a concern for spousal sponsorships. It's just a "check in the box," dear. And one more check in the box that brings you closer to completing this seemingly interminable process. Congrats, and do enjoy getting your AIP! The medical is no sweat, just a pain in the behind and one more expense.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karito said:
I landed today ;D felt so unreal now! first was an hour of PowerPoint presentation about PR rights and so on, we were like 20 couples, then we all went to a different room and wait for turn, I was anxious because I didn't have the letter interview and my spouse still have our old address, so we brought a bunch of proof , but they didn't even ask him anything lol. Anyway the officer was a really nice guy, that was fast he just asked me the three questions that everybody got ask and he said congratulations now you are permanent resident , I guess he saw in my face disbelieve hahaha I mean was so fast that I was confused, he just smiled and said that's it.

Anyway I have a question, when I got home and checked my COPR , they wrote the same date on last entry in canada and original entry, but my original entry was a year before the last entry, we remembered the officer saying something about pension , is this going to affect me in the future? Or if anybody experienced an error before ? And how can I get it right?

Btw I want to thank everybody here , this forum helped me a lot and good luck to all of you. Please if somebody can help me one more time with my question, would be awesome, thanks

Congrats Karito! Same thing happened with me she put my last entry date (2 weeks vacation in the US) as my original entry date which is incorrect so I had to do this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5218ETOC.asp

Maybe its important when applying for citizenship in the future or just to be sure. It has no processing fee.

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
FINALLY !!! MY Wife got the DM Letter today in her email!

Exactly 9 months after AIP....

I hope the landing interview is soon. We are landing in Yellowknife so that office shouldn't be too busy. Hope they still have an Immigration Officer here. I know they still have an office but last time we we checked the Officer was overseas.

rxpei

Nov 3, 2011
hello,
have not been here for a while....
after reading most of posts, I have couple of questions..
So after sending out the application forms and got an email from CIC that received application on 10/24/2012 and start processing on 12/19/2012. I have not heard from CIC for a long time, not even AIP at all... I am wondering if this is weird to wait soooo long?
or is bc I do tend to fly back to NY almost every 1or 2 months.. ( my husband is Canadian and I am an American). I don't want to break any laws- such as staying over 6 months period.
thanks for your help ....

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canuck2k said:
FINALLY !!! MY Wife got the DM Letter today in her email!

Exactly 9 months after AIP....

I hope the landing interview is soon. We are landing in Yellowknife so that office shouldn't be too busy. Hope they still have an Immigration Officer here. I know they still have an office but last time we we checked the Officer was overseas.
Congrats on getting your DM. What country are you coming from and you mentioned yellowknife as landing office. Where in NWT are you living now?

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
DaleandMonica said:
:D

OMG we got the email. AIP approved :D We have been so unbelievable nervous since its taken them so long with our application. But now we finally got it. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY
Congrats on getting your AIP finally. Good to finally see some movement.

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
DaleandMonica said:
Thanks guys. I just checked my email....after we checked Dales email and saw the AIP. And I had an email too. I have to re do the medical. Oh.....here we go again. I was so nervous the last time I went for the medical.....and now I have to go through it again. :'( Couldn't we just have gotten a few days to be NOT worried and just be happy :( Well...you might think, I shouldn't be worried, since I passed the first time. But it's my biggest fear. Im thinking....Im middle aged.....gained some wait since the last time.....so I'm just so scared not to pass for some reason. Oh I so do NOT want to go through it again :( But I have the bestest hubby.....he knows how scared I am.....so we will start at a gym tomorrow and eating healthy, so I get to feel more confident about this.

Was the medical as scary for you guys, as it was and is for me?
Oh Monica!! I am so happy for you that you got your AIP!!! *happy happy wiggle dance*

Do NOT worry about your medical my dear. Like QuebecOakie said, unless you contracted TB since your last one, this is ONLY to update your current one probably because they took so dang long to start looking at your stuff. Rather than stress about it, look at it this way. They ONLY want that medical because they are finalizing your paperwork my dear! Means they are ALREADY looking at your medical/police checks, they just need an updated medical and voila, you'll be PR before you even know what happened! :D

No worries girlfriend, you got this! A few pounds, BAH we have nothing better to do than cook and eat since they won't let us work! Now there is just a bit more of us for loving! So put on your happy smile and do NOT worry about a dang thing, it's ALL smooth sailing from here on out! :D

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I wonder how many of us DO gain some weight or experience other declines in health throughout the PR application process? I know I've gained some weight. I tend to overeat and exercise less or not at all when I'm depressed, and I've fought through several periods of moderate depression in the year+ that I've been here. It's not *just* the PR thing (my husband is gone for long periods of time, and culture shock is an issue, as I am still not yet bilingual), but that's a big part of it.