23-05-2012
Med's Request
23-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012
screech339 said:
I haven't had to do this as I paid the fee up front when I started the application.

Some local offices will let you pay the fee when you show up at landing interview, other amy want you to pay before you arrive at landing. I think it depends on each office's ability to accept payments or not.

If I had a choice, I rather pay online ahead of time and keep receipt. Take the receipt with you as proof of payment. However if you pay early, then the letter will not ask you to pay the fee. However if you didn't pay the fee, the landing letter will tell you remind you to pay the fee. It may instruct you in how to pay for it. Ie "pay the fee at landing appointment" or "pay the fee online before landing"

Screech339

Thanks Screech, I want to pay online, but I wanted to know if scheduling of landing date depended on payment of the fees?

anndreea

Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
18-01-2013
Med's Request
12-06-2013
Med's Done....
19-07-2013
Interview........
AIP+DM: 24-10-2013
LANDED..........
21-11-2013
screech339 said:
You're welcome. You didn't let me know if you want to be on timesheet. I don't put people on list without their permission. So until I get it from you I will add you.

Screech339
you can add me. if you have any question let me know . :)

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
jiggyzealous said:
Congrats!!! Go and live happily now!! BTW, did you tell the officer to make haste and complete my application?
Lol yes jiggy, but they said they don't accept aggressive or intimidating behaviour towards their agents.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ntonchu said:
Thanks Screech, I want to pay online, but I wanted to know if scheduling of landing date depended on payment of the fees?
That is one possible situation. I have read one person getting a letter from local CIC office saying they will not schedule appointment until fee is paid. However I think that is in a very small minority as it is the only time I read that. If you pay now online, then they don't have any reason to delay your schedule. All the more reason to pay now before landing or getting appointment letter.

Screech339

ntonchu

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2012
Doc's Request.
24-09-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
Med's Request
23-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012
screech339 said:
That is one possible situation. I have read one person getting a letter from local CIC office saying they will not schedule appointment until fee is paid. However I think that is in a very small minority as it is the only time I read that. If you pay now online, then they don't have any reason to delay your schedule. All the more reason to pay now before landing or getting appointment letter.

Screech339
Thanks, i will pay and fax the receipt to the Vancouver office.lol!!

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
screech339 said:
It depends on the alberta health plan, mainly how it is funded. If the alberta health plan is funded through personal income tax along with business income tax then business may not allow you to get on business health benefits until you get on alberta health benefits. Reason being is that the business benefits is a complement with alberta health care. Business coverage provide coverage that alberta health does not provide.

Business provide dental/health benefits on the premise that their employees and their spouses/common laws are all on provincal health care. So it is quite likely that once you lose your alberta health care, you will also lose your spouse company benefits. Although you might still be able to get company benefits after you lose alberta care by not informing the business, you are commiting fraud on account that you are getting company benefits you are not entitled to.

This is the case with my wife. She could not get any company benefits until she gets on ontario health care first. Which is fair. Why should the business support spousal benefit if spouse is not even being supported by provincial coverage.

Plus in theory you were suppose to be on private insurance until provincal health care kick in. We were suppose to have private insurance for 3 months for myself and 2 kids until ontario health care kick in. And insurance for my wife until she gets AIP and get on OHIP 3 months afterward. We took a huge gamble and not bother getting insurance for any of us. Saving us a ton of money but if something happened, we would be royally screwed financially.

Screech339
Thanks Screech339. That is kinda what we had figured, but I wanted to make sure. I had all the benefits and everything until July 26th when my 9 months of Alberta Health ran out (6 months on tourist visa and 3 month extension). I know not all provinces do that, so we were lucky in that I had health care for my first 9 months in the country. Didn't think we would need it past that or we would have extended my tourist visa. I had used benefits on my husbands extended care plan as well during that time without any problems. But once we found out my health care was going to expire, we stopped worried that it wouldn't be covered anymore. And your answer just confirmed our suspicions. So we'll just have to hold off on anything medical or muscle therapy related until my AIP comes in.

hazard

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Hey screech. Do u think after my file was transferred to Vancouver backlog office from vegreville then to etobicoke that it will be sent back to vegreville for final decision or etobicoke will give DM. I am so confused

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hazard said:
Hey screech. Do u think after my file was transferred to Vancouver backlog office from vegreville then to etobicoke that it will be sent back to vegreville for final decision or etobicoke will give DM. I am so confused
I have a feeling that it will get sent back to vegreville or some kind of flag signalling ro vegreville to give DM. All DM so far have been given out by vegreville with letter where you will be landing.

I think the local office will send some kind of signal to vegreville that all it confirmed so that vegreville can issue you a DM email with etobicoke as landing office without having to send the file back. Why send the file back to vegreville only to have it sent back to etobicoke for DM.

Screech339

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn CIC FOR REALLLLLLLLLLLL, I was Checking 2012 November Applicant forum, Mostly outland and to my surprise most of them have landed, Why is Inland Taking forever ??????? GOD SEE US THROUGH!!!

Mhalik

Dec 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Psalm91 said:
Mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn CIC FOR REALLLLLLLLLLLL, I was Checking 2012 November Applicant forum, Mostly outland and to my surprise most of them have landed, Why is Inland Taking forever ??????? GOD SEE US THROUGH!!!

@Psalm
The reason why I regretted to be in inland.. I should have gone on Outland so as not to wait that long .

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
@screech339 Cic Vegreville contacted me on the July 18th, they refused to take my Dependent off the application insisted that he must do his medicals , Anyway i have been able to convince the my ex and is medicals was done, I sent in confirmation to Vegreville . My question will this delay my application for any reason, He is just 6 years old so only medical was requested and he is Non-accompanying . Please Advice. My 8months for second stage will be due OCT, Hopefully i can hear some good news. This waiting waiting is driving me nutsssssssss, Got AIP February.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canadianthrower said:
Thanks Screech339. That is kinda what we had figured, but I wanted to make sure. I had all the benefits and everything until July 26th when my 9 months of Alberta Health ran out (6 months on tourist visa and 3 month extension). I know not all provinces do that, so we were lucky in that I had health care for my first 9 months in the country. Didn't think we would need it past that or we would have extended my tourist visa. I had used benefits on my husbands extended care plan as well during that time without any problems. But once we found out my health care was going to expire, we stopped worried that it wouldn't be covered anymore. And your answer just confirmed our suspicions. So we'll just have to hold off on anything medical or muscle therapy related until my AIP comes in.
This surprises me because in my experience on these forums, Alberta will cover you (as a dependent of your eligible spouse) for health care as long as you are living together in Alberta. I've read of cases of outland spouses being covered throughout the entire application process. Note: Alberta's definition of "common-law" is more restrictive than CIC's definition (requiring five year cohabitation, not one).

As for what a private insurance carrier will do, I'd suggest you should contact the private insurance carrier. Anything else is speculation.

Weelove

Aug 14, 2013
Im new here too. I applied in march 2012 as well and mu file was send to etobicoke in october 2012 without AIP.i havent heard anything from them u can contact @ winnet_love@yahoo.com so that we can share our stories.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I live in Alberta and my past Alberta health card expired back in February. With a pending OWP and inland app and proof of me living in Alberta be able to get it again?

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
@Psalm91
Not all outland are faster than inland. I have been following the POS thread and they are very slow also.