20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Karito said:
Thank you for your answer, the first time I called he said he required to send me again the landing letter but it might not be in my hands on time, so I guess I will be there without the letter and explain the situation, about the permanent residence pictures are they the same size as the pics when you sent your application?
The only issue I have with not having your landing letter is that there may be a scheduled time when you suppose to show up. Not only the day. You could miss the appointment if you don't know what time you are suppose to show up. My wife's landing also specified the time when her appointment is along with the day. So you need to find out what time you suppose to show up. Some only list the day and you can show up anytime. Others required you to show up at a specific appointment. If you miss it, you will get re-scheduled.

Screech339

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
screech339 said:
The only issue I have with not having your landing letter is that there may be a scheduled time when you suppose to show up. Not only the day. You could miss the appointment if you don't know what time you are suppose to show up. My wife's landing also specified the time when her appointment is along with the day. So you need to find out what time you suppose to show up. Some only list the day and you can show up anytime. Others required you to show up at a specific appointment. If you miss it, you will get re-scheduled.

Screech339
Yes my appointment is at 1pm :) both agents told me the same information so there's no doubt about it. I still have a little over a week to wait for te letter who knows, but I don't see it as a big deal anyways.

Thanks a lot Screech for your replies.

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
jiggyzealous said:
Simply means that most of us wont be hearing anything on our files for now!!!! All I can do is laugh because if I grieve myself I will just die in pain and anguish. It's the very least to call it crazy..... it's heartless
I don't understand why we would have to wait much longer. We would be 10 months waiting in the next few weeks. Why are they doing this to us?? And the thing is if we call the center after our 10th month they might say thats only an estimate so we need to wait more. Am just lost for words right now. **Ohhhh what is going thru my head right now** Applying inland seems like a punishment...

Slowe

Aug 10, 2013
Danteryu said:
I just received this email:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in London will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents."

From everything I have seen it seems like this is DM, right?

How long does it normally take for the office to contact you to set up a landing date?
Congrats Danteryu!!!
I got my DM email on Sat Aug 10th, I was very surprised to see them working on Sat.
But I think it's a good thing cuz they are working their ass off :D ;D ;) ;)

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Thanks everyone for the congratulaions! It's a huge relief to know that the application part is over. Maybe I can go home for Christmas now. :D

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
screech339 said:
No, it goes not include time alloted for PR card. That is from time they got your application to time you land as COPR. PR card can take another 2-3 months on top of the sponsorship time.

Screech339
Thanks. Good to know. So if I have COPR, but no PR card before our planned travel to the states next July, we will have to drive. From what I gather from these previous posts, I won't need my PR card to cross back into Canada as long as I'm driving?

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
Karito said:
Thank you for your answer, the first time I called he said he required to send me again the landing letter but it might not be in my hands on time, so I guess I will be there without the letter and explain the situation, about the permanent residence pictures are they the same size as the pics when you sent your application?
Hi Karito,
How did you contact with Vancouver local office? Can you please give me the number so that I can call them and ask cuz im few weeks behind you! I checked couple numbers but sound doesnt work :(.
Thank you!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
goldmoon said:
I don't understand why we would have to wait much longer. We would be 10 months waiting in the next few weeks. Why are they doing this to us?? And the thing is if we call the center after our 10th month they might say thats only an estimate so we need to wait more. Am just lost for words right now. **Ohhhh what is going thru my head right now** Applying inland seems like a punishment...
I think we'll be hearing something in the shortest time. Do you realize that CIC knows that most of the people who are overdue to get their AIPs. So those which are at 8, 9 and 10 months are the ones who will be getting first stage decisions when we finally see AIPs rushing in again. If they didn't increase he time most of us who on Herr would be eligible and overdue for AIP because our 6 month's been gone months now! It simply means CIC will get the chance to review those applications submitted in latter October and November . Those of us who are over 9 months it can't be long before we have some good news

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
canadianthrower said:
Thanks. Good to know. So if I have COPR, but no PR card before our planned travel to the states next July, we will have to drive. From what I gather from these previous posts, I won't need my PR card to cross back into Canada as long as I'm driving?

Please read this. ;)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later return to Canada without a PR card?
You may also need a passport to re-enter Canada. Please see the Canadian Border Services Agency website for what documents you will need at the border.

If you return in a private vehicle, like your own car
If you return to Canada in a private vehicle, such as your own car, you do not need a permanent resident card. You can use your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) instead.

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
screech339 said:
Yes your common-law partner (you can't call her a girlfriend anymore) can come by into canada by showing COPR. She will likely experience a delay in processing due to confirming that she is in fact a PR before letting her in. This applies to all COPR that hat can enter US with visa or from visa exempt countries.

Screech339
Screech 339,

I assume your response is to a specific question and given other circumstances the response may be different.

For example, my wife is in Canada on a study permit and also has a temporary resident visa. I assume these 2 documents would allow her to travel out of Canada and return via land, air or sea any time during the entire PR application process (we are over 8 months on awaiting AIP; processing now estimated at 10 months).

Thanks!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadianthrower said:
As tomorisu mentioned in his post with link, you can re-enter Canada privately by car by showing your COPR as you are not travelling by commerial travel. There just be a delay at the border to confirm that you are in fact a PR in the system before letting you in.

Screech339

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
meowmeow said:
Hi Karito,
How did you contact with Vancouver local office? Can you please give me the number so that I can call them and ask cuz im few weeks behind you! I checked couple numbers but sound doesnt work :(.
Thank you!

Hi meowmeow

I didn't call to vancouver office as I checked before too and couldn't find a number either, I just called to CIC , I've called ounce weekly after I almost reached 3 moths of waiting, I don't think this makes any difference to speed the process but I was always calling, if I didn't I could be missing my landing appointment. It's going to be 4 months after DM for my landing appointment that's a long darn wait but at least is almost here, gd luck to you and canadaeh, I know you both will be landing in Vancouver too.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Migrain said:
Screech 339,

I assume your response is to a specific question and given other circumstances the response may be different.

For example, my wife is in Canada on a study permit and also has a temporary resident visa. I assume these 2 documents would allow her to travel out of Canada and return via land, air or sea any time during the entire PR application process (we are over 8 months on awaiting AIP; processing now estimated at 10 months).

Thanks!
My response was for when his common law have a COPR without a PR card and was asking if she can enter US and back with COPR on hand. Which she can.

In your case, you would be chancing it by leaving Canada while inland is in process. The rules says you are suppose to be in Canada during the entire process. Now by leaving Canada you can still get denied to re-enter Canada despite having a TRV. TRV only allow you to visit Canada. Having a OWP has a stronger reason to let you back in. If you get denied at the border. You're screwed and have to restart process from outside Canada.

Screech339

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
@ Screech and Everyone!

Thank God!!! I finally received my landing appointment for August 21!! I am so happy, excited and nervous at the same time!! Now all is left is prepare for landing. Advice please!

Thank you so much.

Please update the matrix/sheet for me.

Good news for us Calgarians the landing appointment wait is down to 2 months instead of 3 or 4!!

So happy!

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
jiggyzealous said:
I think we'll be hearing something in the shortest time. Do you realize that CIC knows that most of the people who are overdue to get their AIPs. So those which are at 8, 9 and 10 months are the ones who will be getting first stage decisions when we finally see AIPs rushing in again. If they didn't increase he time most of us who on Herr would be eligible and overdue for AIP because our 6 month's been gone months now! It simply means CIC will get the chance to review those applications submitted in latter October and November . Those of us who are over 9 months it can't be long before we have some good news
Yes, I hope so.

Please let us know if you get AIP.
My application was received on Nov 16th.

I'm worried about documents request after waiting for 8~9 month...