31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
screech339 said:
I see that the processing time for new PR card remained unchanged. 69 days. Not surprising since it is processed out of Halifax. If this were processed out of same vergreville cic, then it would be show huge delay in getting PR cards too. Although some of those who landed in May have not received their cards yet.

Screech339
Screech, we are at 88 days and counting for my wife's PR card to arrive.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rusty53 said:
Screech, we are at 88 days and counting for my wife's PR card to arrive.
I know. It is why I mentioned that May landings are still waiting for their PR cards despite 69 days wait for it.

Screech339

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:
1) 10 months from when they receive your application. Not from AOR.

2) You can leave Canada so long as you can come by private transport like driving in your car at border. Otherwise PR card is needed. Commerical transports (airline/buses/boats) will not accept you without your PR card. This is to avoid heavy fines from Canada for letting "illegal" or "undocumented foreigners" from entering Canada. Nobody is stopping you from leaving Canada. So if you are outside Canada and have no PR card, you could apply for travel documents as PR to re-enter Canada. However who is to say you would get the travel document in time for your flight back.

Screech339
Screech, I have a question about No.2. This rule applies to only Inland applicants?
Applicants who apply for Outland come to Canada for 'landing' with his/her CoPR. After that, some people goes back to their country before they receive their PR card. Is it OK? (They might ask their partner to send PR cards to them, though.)

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
I got news!! Called today about my landing appointment and a guy told me, they sent me a letter July 26th for my appointment interview which will be next Wednesday August 21st!!! I'm soooo happy finally the day is coming , so I called again to double check and this time a lady confirm my landing date she said not to worry about not getting the letter because might got lost.

I asked what the letter said and what I need to bring , she said:
I need to be there with my spouse
Valid Passport
Copy of work permit
All the original of copies I provided in my application (like married certificate) we are not married yet
And I asked about photos? She said not photos "???" I thought I need to bring to passport size photos or am I wrong?

Can somebody please copy and paste what exactly this famous letter said. I'm a bit paranoic now and don't want to forget any document.

Or please tell me what did u bring. Will really apreciate your answers.

Anyway I'm happy and more relieve now , can't wait for this to be over.

Thanks and Have a great Monday ;D

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
I just received this email:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in London will contact you concerning your permanent resident
status.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents."

From everything I have seen it seems like this is DM, right?

How long does it normally take for the office to contact you to set up a landing date?

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Ok thanks a lot Screech.

In regards to #2, so that basically limits this option to Americans doing the Inland correct? (which is fine because my common law partner is America).

So the border patrol will just allow my girlfriend to come across easily via car? Probably bring the COPR with us to show we're just waiting for the PR card to arrive?

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
At least CIC is finally being honest with the processing times. I've put my 10 month mark in the calendar and pray I get AIP by then.

Has 2nd stage been staying within the 8 months posted on the website during the strike or is that off too?
Does the 8 months include how long it takes to receive the PR card?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Tomorisu said:
Screech, I have a question about No.2. This rule applies to only Inland applicants?
Applicants who apply for Outland come to Canada for 'landing' with his/her CoPR. After that, some people goes back to their country before they receive their PR card. Is it OK? (They might ask their partner to send PR cards to them, though.)
Same rules applies to outland as they still got to wait for their PR card.

It is risky to send the PR card in the mail to the home country as foreign government may interfere with it mail transit and may open it and take it on account that it may be used for false goverment ids or false immigration, etc.

We are planning a mid-oct flight for my wife to her home country. So she is flying out with or without her PR card. And I may not have a choice but to mail it by priority mail to send her PR card when it arrives.

Screech339

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:
Same rules applies to outland as they still got to wait for their PR card.

It is risky to send the PR card in the mail to the home country as foreign government may interfere with it mail transit and may open it and take it on account that it may be used for false goverment ids or false immigration, etc.

We are planning a mid-oct flight for my wife to her home country. So she is flying out with or without her PR card. And I may not have a choice but to mail it by priority mail to send her PR card when it arrives.

Screech339
Thanks a lot, Screech. :) My doubts have been dispelled. I thought if this rule applied to only Inland, it was unfair. :p

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Karito said:
I got news!! Called today about my landing appointment and a guy told me, they sent me a letter July 26th for my appointment interview which will be next Wednesday August 21st!!! I'm soooo happy finally the day is coming , so I called again to double check and this time a lady confirm my landing date she said not to worry about not getting the letter because might got lost.

I asked what the letter said and what I need to bring , she said:
I need to be there with my spouse
Valid Passport
Copy of work permit
All the original of copies I provided in my application (like married certificate) we are not married yet
And I asked about photos? She said not photos "???" I thought I need to bring to passport size photos or am I wrong?

Can somebody please copy and paste what exactly this famous letter said. I'm a bit paranoic now and don't want to forget any document.

Or please tell me what did u bring. Will really apreciate your answers.

Anyway I'm happy and more relieve now , can't wait for this to be over.

Thanks and Have a great Monday ;D
I believe you are required to bring 2 permanent resident pictures. Not passport pictures. Different sizes.

My wife only brought her passport, her visitor records, 2 PR pics, and her landing letter to show at reception. That was it. Plus your sponsor need to be there too with drivers licence for ID and address confirmation.

Screech339

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
screech339 said:
I believe you are required to bring 2 permanent resident pictures. Not passport pictures. Different sizes.

My wife only brought her passport, her visitor records, 2 PR pics, and her landing letter to show at reception. That was it. Plus your sponsor need to be there too with drivers licence for ID and address confirmation.

Screech339
Thank you for your answer, the first time I called he said he required to send me again the landing letter but it might not be in my hands on time, so I guess I will be there without the letter and explain the situation, about the permanent residence pictures are they the same size as the pics when you sent your application?

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[quote author=Danteryu]

From everything I have seen it seems like this is DM, right?

How long does it normally take for the office to contact you to set up a landing date?
[/quote]

Congratulations!!! You're done!!

It depends on the local office how long it takes. In Hamilton, we got our landing appointment 2 weeks after our DM letter.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CANUSA31 said:
Ok thanks a lot Screech.

In regards to #2, so that basically limits this option to Americans doing the Inland correct? (which is fine because my common law partner is America).

So the border patrol will just allow my girlfriend to come across easily via car? Probably bring the COPR with us to show we're just waiting for the PR card to arrive?
Yes your common-law partner (you can't call her a girlfriend anymore) can come by into canada by showing COPR. She will likely experience a delay in processing due to confirming that she is in fact a PR before letting her in. This applies to all COPR that hat can enter US with visa or from visa exempt countries.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Karito said:
Thank you for your answer, the first time I called he said he required to send me again the landing letter but it might not be in my hands on time, so I guess I will be there without the letter and explain the situation, about the permanent residence pictures are they the same size as the pics when you sent your application?
Yes they are the same pictures you sent in with application, including your medical test. When you go get pics done at store, make sure they understand they are PR pics not passport pics. I usually go to Blacks for PR photos. They are dependable in getting the photos done right the first time.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canadianthrower said:
At least CIC is finally being honest with the processing times. I've put my 10 month mark in the calendar and pray I get AIP by then.

Has 2nd stage been staying within the 8 months posted on the website during the strike or is that off too?
Does the 8 months include how long it takes to receive the PR card?
No, it goes not include time alloted for PR card. That is from time they got your application to time you land as COPR. PR card can take another 2-3 months on top of the sponsorship time.

Screech339