Med's Request
24-10-13
Med's Done....
Nov 12 and 18-11-13
LANDED..........
11-06-14
lsj2767 said:
Hello

I know PAFSO strike doesn't affect inland applications directly.
But I think some of our information should be sent from our countries.
So I've been checking PAFSO facebook.
I just left a comment that
"please explain to applicants about union's future plan to compensate Canada's big loss due to this strike."
After that, I couldn't access.

I'm new for facebook.
So I can't be sure..
Am I kicked by the Union?

I've also being keeping an eye on there Facebook page and now it appears to be gone off facebook

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
This waiting is killing me too...almost 8 months now without AIP ...most of days I could try to remain calm but there are times when I get extremely anxious....

So I renewed my visitor record and I got my extension for another two years until July, 2015, which surprised me a lot because I only asked for 1 year. I start to get paranoid and think : does it mean my app. need more time to be processed or this strike will take very long time until it is well resolved....

Is there any one who could tell me if my worry is not necessary ???

QuebecOkie said:
Not much to report on for most of us. Almost 9.5 months now without AIP. All I want to do is learn more freaking FRENCH, CIC! I might just faint when I finally get AIP, lol. There was a very official looking envelope in the mail yesterday, and my breath caught in my chest for just a moment. False alarm, it was just my husband's federal tax return. Still a nice envelope, but not THE envelope.

tommyp

Nov 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 16, 2012
AOR Received.
Sep 6 , 2012
Med's Request
Done before requested
Med's Done....
Jan 30, 2012
LANDED..........
August 29,2013
Finally cic has made a decision on my application montreal sent letter with information for me to confirm was correct along with 2 pictures and passport page now just waiting for landing date so glad its almost over!!!!

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
tommyp said:
Finally cic has made a decision on my application montreal sent letter with information for me to confirm was correct along with 2 pictures and passport page now just waiting for landing date so glad its almost over!!!!
So happy for you guys :)

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
QuebecOkie said:
Not much to report on for most of us. Almost 9.5 months now without AIP. All I want to do is learn more freaking FRENCH, CIC! I might just faint when I finally get AIP, lol. There was a very official looking envelope in the mail yesterday, and my breath caught in my chest for just a moment. False alarm, it was just my husband's federal tax return. Still a nice envelope, but not THE envelope.
@ Q....LOLolol I might faint too

@ Alurra, yes its been so quiet thanks to CIC smh

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunflora said:
This waiting is killing me too...almost 8 months now without AIP ...most of days I could try to remain calm but there are times when I get extremely anxious....

So I renewed my visitor record and I got my extension for another two years until July, 2015, which surprised me a lot because I only asked for 1 year. I start to get paranoid and think : does it mean my app. need more time to be processed or this strike will take very long time until it is well resolved....

I also got 2 years extension for my visitor visa til 2005 though I've already got DM last week. That happens because they extend it based on your OWP (Open Work Permit). It doesn't indicate that your application will take a long time. So don't worry. Hope good news will come to you soon.

Cheers,

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
It's been 8 and a half months since I got AIP, called CIC and they really couldn't do anything.

Just frustrating because I really want to go and visit my hometown, was hoping to in the summer but that looks unlikely now.
Don't want to chance it because of the whole "application cancelled if you are denied re-entry" thing. :/

sunflora

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/12/12
AOR Received.
26/01/13
Med's Done....
06/12/12
LANDED..........
19/12/13
@ neyuli,

Thanks for your kind reply... :) I did not apply OWP but purely wanted to extend my visa record, that's why I felt surprised...I am planning to apply my OWP after I get AIP as I thought I should have it arrived after 6 months as indicated on CIC website...now..I really don't how long I need to wait since the processing date has been ridiculously stuck in Oct. 2012 ...sign...

But thank you once again for your nice response and I felt a bit relieved now...I wish you got your landing interview as soon as possible too...this forum always helps me to relax whenever I need helps and there are always nice people like you to help.....

neyuli said:
I also got 2 years extension for my visitor visa til 2005 though I've already got DM last week. That happens because they extend it based on your OWP (Open Work Permit). It doesn't indicate that your application will take a long time. So don't worry. Hope good news will come to you soon.

Cheers,

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Happy rest day everyone. Do enjoy yourselves

Jul 21, 2013
Edmonton
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2013
goldmoon said:
Hi Waitingsincedec, thks for your response. I will look at that LA option. What my fear is, is that how can someone apply outland for a study permit while waiting for AIP. When I applied for my permit, I just sent my info to Trinidad and Tobago and after a week it was sent back to me by Fedex. Now the embassy does not give u the actual study permit but a letter of approval ( stating your eligibility) which should be given to an Immigration Officer on entering Canada. There they will take that letter and interview you then issue you the actual Study Permit. So how possible would it be to get a permit if you have to be at the border in order to get it knowing we cannot leave Canada pending approval?
Sorry I was out of town...

SO when you apply in US you send your passport in the mail with the application. If you down load the application package you will see that it is only possible for people who live in US or Canada.

Of course there is a very little percentage of mail that gets lost, but I guess you would have to be very very very unlucky. You can google Los Angeles CIC, thet have their own page with contact info and their own forms :)

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
sunflora said:

I didn't extend my visitor visa.
I had been told no extension required after applying INLAND PR from cic.
FYI, I applied INLAND with OWP.

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
Alurra71 said:
It certainly sounds as if they decided they didn't want to answer your question, and they didn't want you to pose another, so I would say, yes, they kicked you from their facebook page. I have heard others say this same thing when they didn't agree with PAFSO they were also kicked from that page.
Yes as I expected..I was kicked..
If PAFSO really cares about country, tax payers and applicants,
they would have press conference to announce future plan
after the end of strike.
Good thing is this union doesn't affect directly..

I read news.
This year there were 27 negotiation between Canada government and government workers.
If government gives raise every year regardless of deflation or recession,
Canada would be a giant Detroit....
Government workers' strike action is new to me.
My countries' unions appreciate "Permanent employment".

Can't wait to see another move on Thursday.

Liz1986

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
I have not receive my PR card yet. I did my confirmation for PR in May 2013 almost 3 mOnth ago and still waiting. Is this normal? I called and they saying my card is still in verification.. Iam not sure what do they mean by that? Anybody in the same boat? May 2012 applications?

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
Liz1986 said:
I have not receive my PR card yet. I did my confirmation for PR in May 2013 almost 3 mOnth ago and still waiting. Is this normal? I called and they saying my card is still in verification.. Iam not sure what do they mean by that? Anybody in the same boat? May 2012 applications?
I don't know it's helpful.

Notice to affected residents

As a result of the flooding in Southern Alberta, passports and other documents belonging to Temporary Residents, Permanent Residents and Canadian Citizens may have been lost, damaged or destroyed.

To support affected residents, the Minister approved special measures to waive some fees and other specific requirements for both temporary and permanent residents as well as Canadian citizens until September 19, 2013.

These special measures include waiving fees for the replacement of

permanent resident cards,
Canadian passports,
work permits,
study permits, and
visitor records.

Robotic

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Liz1986 said:
I'm in the same boat......still waiting....everyday I check the mail to hope I get it!!