20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
computergeek said:
The longest I've ever encountered was someone who had been waiting six years for a decision. He had no issues, he'd just been caught in the closure of offices several times (he started when you sent the application to your local office, then they consolidated offices, then they centralized things...) Every time he contacted CIC they said that he was within normal processing times. He didn't push because he had AIP.

I never heard if he finally finished the process. I sure hope so.
I'm surprised he didn't push it through despite having AIP. I wouldn't want to be stuck in Canada for 6 years, in case of family emergencies to travel outside Canada.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
On the subject of Canadian citizenship, to qualify for citizenship, one must maintain 3 out of 4 years prior to applying for citizenship. Even though there is no limit in claiming temporary resident days towards citizenship qualification, 4 years of TRV would only give you 2 years. So mathematically you must be PR for 2 years mimimum with 2 years of TRV, counted as half days to accumulate 3 years out of 4 for qualifications. Even though there is no limit in using TRV towards citizenship quaification, there is a implied limit based on mathematics.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
@ computergeek

I have a question to ask. Perhaps you may some knowledge on the subject matter. When I received an AOR letter from CIC, stated that I am financially responsible for my spouse for 3 years after she gets PR status. However it also said that if in event that my spouse came to Canada as a temporary resident followed by sponsorship, my financial responsiblity starts from when she entered Canada.

I was reminded from agent at landing that I am responsible for 3 years from then on. So which is it? So according to agent I'm on the hook for 3 years til June 2016 or according to letter 2 years from now since my spouse entered Canada as a TR for 1 year prior to becoming PR.

Would you know of any case like this? I am asking this since you mentioned that this guy waited 6 years assuming he got DM and becoming PR. Does mean the sponsor would have to be on the hook for another 3 years despite already supporting the applicant for 6 years? Wouldn't supporting your applicant for 6 years pretty much absolve the sponsor's financial responsiblity?

Screech339

aadhalla

Apr 19, 2013
Hello,

My landing date is Oct 2, 2013 in Calgary. And my work permit expires on August 17, 2013. So i applied for a new open work permit on May 23, 2013 and i received it yesterday July 3, 2013.

Calgary office is one of the busiest office in Canada. There is a 6 months waiting period between DM (April) and landing date (October).

Screech, can you please update the timeline. Thank you!

Paul2013

Jun 24, 2013
HI guys,

Just got the letter from CIC Etobicoke for my landing appointment, it will be the 30th July. I can't believe, I waited for 11 weeks before receiving the damn letter and I had to call them several times...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Paul2013 said:
HI guys,

Just got the letter from CIC Etobicoke for my landing appointment, it will be the 30th July. I can't believe, I waited for 11 weeks before receiving the damn letter and I had to call them several times...
Congrats on getting landing letter. I'm not surprised that it took you 11 weeks. It took us 9 weeks to get a letter from etobicoke office.

@ aadhalla,

Congrats on getting your OWP. I will update status tomorrow morning.

Screech339

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone. We are in Saskatoon and just landed about an hour ago. I have to say it feels quite awesome. They asked us the usual questions but also asked us when we met, when we were married, and the last time we entered canada. Also asked us both where we work, when we started, and if my wife had any problems with the employer. Interesting :) they also told us that there is no expedited service for pr card for people with proof that they will be traveling before they receive there pr cards and that trying to enter canada by land from the us without your pr card is quite dangerous as in most occasions they will not let you in. Both o these things contradict what I have read here in the forum of personal experiences. I wonder if policy has changed? Congrats to everyone who has received good news and good luck to all of u still waiting. Try to stay positive your time will come. I know Ichibella got her DM, very happy for you and congratulations :):)/):)))

czajanliou

Jul 3, 2013
Congratulation, Wolanila!

I have just received my DM letter today. In this letter, it said that the processing of my application has been completed.
The Canada Immigration Center in Scarborough will contact me concerning my permanent resident status.

Do any one have any idea that how long they will contact me after I got DM? and what will be the next?
Do I need to make an appointment with Scarborough immigration center or they will mail me with the appointment date?

Thanks!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
czajanliou said:
Congratulation, Wolanila!

I have just received my DM letter today. In this letter, it said that the processing of my application has been completed.
The Canada Immigration Center in Scarborough will contact me concerning my permanent resident status.

Do any one have any idea that how long they will contact me after I got DM? and what will be the next?
Do I need to make an appointment with Scarborough immigration center or they will mail me with the appointment date?

Thanks!
Have a look at the timesheet in my links below and see how long people have waited after DM for scarbough. You won't have to do anything. You will be contacted by scarbrough office by snail mail of letter of landing appointment date.

Good luck and congrats on getting DM.

Screech339

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys, long time! Happy Canada Day to everyone :)

My hubs and I want to send in more proofs to add to our file, we've yet to hear anything back from CIC and we're now at the 6month mark with my husband 60 day deferral from CBSA only days away from ending :(

Does anyone know which office we should send in the information? We're applying inland.

Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mimi263 said:

My hubs and I want to send in more proofs to add to our file, we've yet to hear anything back from CIC and we're now at the 6month mark with my husband 60 day deferral from CBSA only days away from ending :(

Does anyone know which office we should send in the information? We're applying inland.

Thanks
You would send it to CPC-V (Vegreville) - the same office where you sent the original application.

You will probably need to ask CBSA to extend the deferral and point out that CIC has slowed down substantially in processing applications for AIP - CIC still says "six months" and lists October 8, 2012. CIC math: where October to July is 6 months.

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
HI everyone,

I got a letter from CIC today telling me to pay my perm residence fee $490 online. It said to print the online receipt and forward to CIC Scarborough, it went on further to request copies of pages in my passport and ended with the instruction to fax the info/documents requested to a number provided within 7 days. I may be overthinking it, but the instructions seem a bit ambiguous to me. Am i supposed to mail the receipt to CIC scarborough and then fax the rest of the items to the number provided, or should i just fax everything and not mail the receipt to scarborough. The letter does not indicate the venue of the fax number, hence my confusion. If anyone has acted on a similar letter, please let me know. Thanks.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
aadhalla said:
Hello,

My landing date is Oct 2, 2013 in Calgary. And my work permit expires on August 17, 2013. So i applied for a new open work permit on May 23, 2013 and i received it yesterday July 3, 2013.

Calgary office is one of the busiest office in Canada. There is a 6 months waiting period between DM (April) and landing date (October).

Screech, can you please update the timeline. Thank you!
Hi,did you apply online?that was really fast!-How long is it valid for?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
On the subject of Canadian citizenship, to qualify for citizenship, one must maintain 3 out of 4 years prior to applying for citizenship. Even though there is no limit in claiming temporary resident days towards citizenship qualification, 4 years of TRV would only give you 2 years. So mathematically you must be PR for 2 years mimimum with 2 years of TRV, counted as half days to accumulate 3 years out of 4 for qualifications. Even though there is no limit in using TRV towards citizenship quaification, there is a implied limit based on mathematics.

Screech339
the officer today also told us that there is one year max that can be claimed toward citizenship for years in canada with out pr. Does that conflict with what you were told?

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
mimi263 said:

Thanks
Hey Mimi long time, like computergeek said try to ask for more time! God is still on the throne and everything will work out!