Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ccL1 said:
Hi, I live in Victoria, BC.

How does the local office contact us? Is it by letter (mail), email, or do they call us? I'm so scared that maybe a letter could have been lost, or they called and my wife might have missed the phone call.
So far, it has been snail mail letter from local CIC office for landing.

Screech339

Paul2013

Jun 24, 2013
screech339 said:
Paul,

I'm not too worried about it. Your best bet is to wait for the letter from etobicoke office. If you already paid the fee, then the letter may not say anything about bringing receipt of payment. The letter could say to bring receipt of payment but I wouldn't worry about it. Just have to sit tight and wait for the letter to come for more details on what to bring to office. It is hard to be patient when you are so close to finishing up.

Screech339

Thank you. You're right, hard to wait.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
Yesterday my wife got a call from the embassy, they were asking about the landing fee. I have already paid it. My lawyer is going to send the receipt to them again by email. What does this mean now? And what will happen now? There is a little of excitement happening now!! Any replays would be great, thank you

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Brooksee said:
Yesterday my wife got a call from the embassy, they were asking about the landing fee. I have already paid it. My lawyer is going to send the receipt to them again by email. What does this mean now? And what will happen now? There is a little of excitement happening now!! Any replays would be great, thank you
Sounds like good news. However this thread discussion deals with inland sponsorship out of Vegreville for 2012 applicants. Your application deals with outland application. Your question may be more appropreiate in canada sponsorship general thread where people are more familiar with outland applications issues.

Screech339

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Vanilla23 said:
@ boredhousewife.... Congrats!!!!!!!!!!......I hope I'm next, I got AIP on the first week of October as well...:)...
I got AIP on the second week of October and I so hope that I`m the next, too ;) I saw that we are only 3 people left in April applicants :(
Congratulations, boredhousewife!

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That makes total sense detective Screech!

:)

screech339 said:
While that sounds like the end of a stage, isnt landing also a stage too. So if you sign on the website for your status, CIC record "complete" after landing. To me complete includes landing. Otherwise it is not complete from beginning to end.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_com&lang=en&app=ecas

Take a look at the link for "application for permanent residence in Canada". The diagram shows from start of application to complete.

Statistically according to timesheet so far 12 out of 49 have already passed the 14 month mark after landing. The rest so far have landed under the 14 month mark which falls under the 80% mark of complete process.

Screech339

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Just want to let everyone know that my wife finally got PR and her SIN as well today.
Thanks for the prayers and support from everyone on this forum.
It is a great relief to the entire family.

The process was simple. This was our day:
Wake up at 6:15am (We live in richmond hill)
Prepare ourselves and the 1 year old little one & leave the house by 6:55am
Drop by mcD to grab breakfast before 7:05am.
Arrive to Scarborough CIC by 7:47am.
Wait at the waiting area and there was like atleast 20 applicants (so atleast 40-50 people). Got into the big room at 8:15am I believe (lost track of time, too excited).
They did an introduction, went over the procedures, hand out the confirmation paper, and ask us to confirm the info. That lasted about 30-40 minutes, then we start to get called up to the officer to finalize our signing. We were the 4th or 5th family as we have a kid.
Things that were asked for:
(1) 2 photos, photo ID
Three questions:
(1) Any undeclare children not in Canada?
(2) Any crime?
(3) Any social assistance?
Things to do:
(1) Initial where we answered yes or no.
(2) sign
Our permits weren't taken away but given back to us.
The lady congrad us and tell us to wait for our name to be called to apply for the SIN.
We waited again at the waiting area from 9:10am until 10:30am, then it was our turn for the SIN application.

Everything is all done for good :)
If anyone ever has any questions for us and need some assistance.
Feel free to drop us a private message, email us at walter.catherine918@gmail.com, or even look us up on "walter-catherine cheung" on facebook.
We're always willing to help and if you're in Richmond Hill area, I would gladly look over your application (if you wish) before you sent it out and I will assist based on the best of my knowledge and experience!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Congrats and good luck to Nishika and Serenity482 on their landing today and becoming PRs.

Screech339

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@screech

It's sad how CIC have those hidden dates like Rogers hidden fees. Landing should be accounted for in one of those stages. They all take us for foolish people it seems. Today makes 8 months since we applied but nothing yet

dawnng

Dec 10, 2011
jiggyzealous said:
@ screech

It's sad how CIC have those hidden dates like Rogers hidden fees. Landing should be accounted for in one of those stages. They all take us for foolish people it seems. Today makes 8 months since we applied but nothing yet
Be positive and I'm sure things will turn out well. No news means good news!

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Congrats! What an exciting day! Your post just boosted my mood. Thank you for that! ;)

walter8299 said:
Just want to let everyone know that my wife finally got PR and her SIN as well today.
Thanks for the prayers and support from everyone on this forum.
It is a great relief to the entire family.

The process was simple. This was our day:
Wake up at 6:15am (We live in richmond hill)
Prepare ourselves and the 1 year old little one & leave the house by 6:55am
Drop by mcD to grab breakfast before 7:05am.
Arrive to Scarborough CIC by 7:47am.
Wait at the waiting area and there was like atleast 20 applicants (so atleast 40-50 people). Got into the big room at 8:15am I believe (lost track of time, too excited).
They did an introduction, went over the procedures, hand out the confirmation paper, and ask us to confirm the info. That lasted about 30-40 minutes, then we start to get called up to the officer to finalize our signing. We were the 4th or 5th family as we have a kid.
Things that were asked for:
(1) 2 photos, photo ID
Three questions:
(1) Any undeclare children not in Canada?
(2) Any crime?
(3) Any social assistance?
Things to do:
(1) Initial where we answered yes or no.
(2) sign
Our permits weren't taken away but given back to us.
The lady congrad us and tell us to wait for our name to be called to apply for the SIN.
We waited again at the waiting area from 9:10am until 10:30am, then it was our turn for the SIN application.

Everything is all done for good :)
If anyone ever has any questions for us and need some assistance.
Feel free to drop us a private message, email us at walter.catherine918 @ gmail.com, or even look us up on "walter-catherine cheung" on facebook.
We're always willing to help and if you're in Richmond Hill area, I would gladly look over your application (if you wish) before you sent it out and I will assist based on the best of my knowledge and experience!

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Congrats to all who had good news... Happy for u guys.

Ok I'll be 8 months waiting in 4 days, so what exactly is going on? I always like that saying " no news is good news" as aforementioned but in this case both are equivalent. No news means no health card, no work permit ( u can't help your spouse financially), no study permit as in my case and all the psychological stress that comes with it.

I am really praying hard for some good news this week or next week, I made an appointment to see my MP on Tuesday of next week and my husband and I would be there. Right now am spending my time trying to take off some weight just to occupy myself, I guess it'll help my mind be at peace...

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@goldmoon

The waiting is very rough. When is it gonna end?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
CONGRATS to those moving forward! Proves CIC hasn't entirely closed up shop.

Seems a lot of us are near or past the 8 month mark and no AIP. I'm just past 8 months. Skyped with the hubby today. After he gets home and settled again (i.e. after I stuff him fulllllllllllllll of good, home-cooked food!), I warned him that we probably need to contact his MP. I haven't bothered, in part because I doubt it'll do much good, but also because our MP's preferred language is French, and the husband is bilingual.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
grats to those getting decisions and stage approvals. very jealous but very happy at the same time :)

on another note, the petition (https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/canadian-and-immigration-canada-process-family-class-permanent-residency-applications-in-a-timely-manner#) just passed 250 signatures! Half way!!!!

thanks everyone