20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Paul2013 said:
Thank you Screech339. But do you think that I have to send a copy of my receipt of payment to CIC? I Paid by internet and I thought I just had to wait for the appointment at CIC etobicoke. But I read posts saying that maybe you have to send a copy of the receipt to CIC. I'm confused, sorry to insist. Thank you.
Paul,

I'm not too worried about it. Your best bet is to wait for the letter from etobicoke office. If you already paid the fee, then the letter may not say anything about bringing receipt of payment. The letter could say to bring receipt of payment but I wouldn't worry about it. Just have to sit tight and wait for the letter to come for more details on what to bring to office. It is hard to be patient when you are so close to finishing up.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Tomorisu said:
Hi, Screech. What kind of IDs are needed at the landing interview? Just in case, I would like to know it in advance. I'm an applicant. I have a visitor visa. But I don't have any ID issued by Canadian or Provincial government. (I can't get a driver licence in Quebec now. I was told that Quebec doesn't accept a visitor visa to get a driver licence.) So I don't have any ID to confirm my address. Well, I received a letter from MICC when I got my CSQ. In the letter, my address is shown, though......

Your wife was not asked about IDs confirming address. But did CIC ask her to bring something to confirm the address?
@ tomorisu,

If you can't get a canadian id with you then your letter will surffice. They know not all applicant can get canadian ids. They will likely ask your sponsor for id and address confirmation. The letter never asked my wife to bring id to confirm address. They did ask me as a sponsor for ID verification and address confirmation. They only verbally asked my wife for address confirmation. "Is the address on this form correct, living at blah blah blah". My wife confirmed it.

If you really want a government issued id, you can get a non-driver licence id. Not sure about quebec, but ontario issue id for people who don't drive but have an official id.

Besides until you get an AIP, you really can't do anything like a health card. You are a visitor in Canada immigration's eye and every government. As for drivers licence, depending on where your licence is issued, you may be able to swap your licence for quebec, otherwise you will be treated as a new driver and be put on a graduate system. My wife was able to just swap her driver's licence for ontario because she had a new jersey drivers licence all without showing her AIP.

Screech339

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:
@ tomorisu,

If you can't get a canadian id with you then your letter will surffice. They know not all applicant can get canadian ids. They will likely ask your sponsor for id and address confirmation. The letter never asked my wife to bring id to confirm address. They did ask me as a sponsor for ID verification and address confirmation. They only verbally asked my wife for address confirmation. "Is the address on this form correct, living at blah blah blah". My wife confirmed it.

If you really want a government issued id, you can get a non-driver licence id. Not sure about quebec, but ontario issue id for people who don't drive but have an official id.

Screech339
Thank you, Screech! I'll ask my husband about a non-driver licence.

Hope to hear good news from everyone this week. :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Tomorisu said:
Thank you, Screech! I'll ask my husband about a non-driver licence.

Hope to hear good news from everyone this week. :)
Like I said earlier, you really can't do anything until you get your AIP anyway. See my post again as I modified and updated it. You posted your response while I was revising my post.

Screech339

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
screech339 said:
Like I said earlier, you really can't do anything until you get your AIP anyway. See my post again as I modified and updated it. You posted your response while I was revising my post.

Screech339
Yes, as you told me, I can't do anything until getting my AIP. As I have a Japanese driver licence, I can swap mine for Quebec after I get an OWP.

Thanks again, Screech!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@screech

You'd do a damn fine job at the call centre. You do know all the info. Please let me know a part from your driver's licence, what other govt issued ID bear your address on it?

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
zedekiah08 said:
. Thanks jiggyzealous. Ill make sure it will be done next week. Any idea where i have to go to have my medical exam? I live in edmonton. Thanks
hello jiggyzealous,

I phone cic yesterday if I can do my medical exam even if they havnt requested it.. the agent said that cic-vegreville doesn't like it when they got documents they havnt requested and they wont accept it..

So im not sure now if I should continue with my medical exam that I book for this Friday.. Any opinion guys????

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ screech

You'd do a damn fine job at the call centre. You do know all the info. Please let me know a part from your driver's licence, what other govt issued ID bear your address on it?
Not sure what other ids that bear your address other than driver licence, non-drivers licence id. Health cards only contain photo id, no visible address on card (at least the ontario health card). Not sure about other provincal health cards. It would be nice to have a government issued id but cic can't fault you for not having any ids confirming address. If it wasn't for my wife ability to swap NJ driver licence for ontario, she would not have any ids bearing her pic and address. Besides cic is more interested in verifying sponsor's id and address. They will trust you to confirm your address as that is where they will mail your PR card.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
zedekiah08 said:
hello jiggyzealous,

I phone cic yesterday if I can do my medical exam even if they havnt requested it.. the agent said that cic-vegreville doesn't like it when they got documents they havnt requested and they wont accept it..

So im not sure now if I should continue with my medical exam that I book for this Friday.. Any opinion guys????

@ zedekiah08

I think you have 2 ways to do this.

One is to go ahead with the medical test and they will submit it to CIC themselves. Not you. All you will have is receipts of medical tests. Wait for CIC to ask for medical results. Reply back with copies of receipt confirming you paid and did your test. Then they will be able to retrieve the info in the system. Since the medical test is good for 1 year, chances are they will get the results before it expires.

The other way to to cancel the doctor appointment and wait for CIC to ask for medical test.

I think you should go ahead with the medical test and keep all receipts. Don't lose them as the medical office will forward the medical form to CIC themselves. The receipts are the only proof of medical test.

Keep in mind, some medical office only accept cash, other locations a combination of debit/visa/cash. In my wife's case, the medical examination by doctor was paid by my visa but had to pay cash for the x-rays portion of the test. Can cost up to 200 or more in total. So be prepared to pay cash not by debit.

Screech339

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
zedekiah08 said:
hello jiggyzealous,

I, too, spoke to the call centre about whether or not to do my medical and get my police certificate before they asked for it. My main concern was I didn't want a document request slowing down the process. The agent on the phone said she could not advise me whether or not to wait. She was basically very unhelpful.

I can't tell you yet if it was a good or a bad idea, but I opted to go ahead and do my medical back in April, without having received a request from CIC. I'm still trying to get confirmation that my medical and police certificate were properly matched up with my file.

Costs can vary. I had mine done in Québec City, and it cost me around $300 total.

zedekiah08

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
Doc's Request.
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
01-02-2013
Med's Request
very soon
Med's Done....
none
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2009
I inquire here in Edmonton, its 400 dollars for the medical exam..not cheap.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
zedekiah08 said:
I inquire here in Edmonton, its 400 dollars for the medical exam..not cheap.
I was expecting to fork over that kind of money or more for my wife's medical exam. I was surprised that I ended up paying around 200ish for the whole complete exam.
I am not complaining considering it could have been 400 or more.

Screech339

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
Thank the Lord, despite the strike it seems CIC is working after all. I just received an email with a PDF letter informing me the process is completed and that the scarborough office will contact me. 8 months, 2 weeks and 2 days after receiving AIP, I finally have a reason to smile :). I hope lots more of these emails are received today.

MP

Jun 4, 2013
screech339 said:
@ sunflora,

I have added you to the timesheet. If you relay me where are you living now and what country you are coming from I can add the info to your status.
Welcome to the forum

Screech339
Hi Screech,
I just took a look at the spreadsheet. What is the difference between Application recieved and AOR Notification?
I just want to make sure that I am not missing a step in the process.
I sent my application and recieved an email in Nov 2012 that my application was recieved Nov 16th 2012. Since then on ECase there has been no status change - it is still "application recieved' status.
Is this normal? In Jan they requested me to resend a form.. I wonder would that be the cause in the delay of my AIP?

Thanks guys

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
jiggyzealous said:
@ screech

If you are interested in getting your license you can go ahead as they don't require proof of any immigration status. If you were driving back home, you can also request your driving record to be sent to you from the issuing tax office back home and you can use this to avoid going through the graduated system. I did this and only had to sit the written test then i did the G highway test 2 weeks later and got my license. You even get a license when you pass the written, so you can use that as I.D as well if you're not in a rush to do the road test. If you got your license from the constant spring tax office in kgn i may still be able to find the email address of the individual to make the request of for the driving record. it's a free service.