03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
Vanilla23 said:
@ boredhousewife. That's tru, that's the reason why I don't evn bother to call them again, I see your country of origin is Jamaica, likewise, so maybe its the embassy in Jamaica that's being slow with our background check, I dunno, jus saying ...At the end of the day, We have no choice bt 2 wait
Yeah, i find that after i speak with a cic agent i'm more annoyed and frustrated than i was before, so i try to avoid calling.

ntonchu

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2012
Doc's Request.
24-09-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
Med's Request
23-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012
Hi guys please to apply for gmcs notes on the website when u select privacy act do you choose case files or what?

Watchie

Mar 1, 2013
jiggyzealous said:
@ Screech

Updating of CIC site doesn't say anything! That's unreliable because no one can convince me that they're still doing October 8. They're doing applications that were further backlogged or overdue than ours. I hope to compensate they'll issue both stages the same time
Hi jiggy,
Calling cic is like beating a dead horse, I bet we will get more pleasure beating our head on a tree than talking to these agents, I don't even bother anymore, totally senseless. I'm just making nature takes its course. But I heard the minister is getting immigration officers he'll regarding the backlog, so they are trying to clear it all. Bear in mind that if they are up-to-date will be have to layoff a bunch of officers, so hence the logging.. Wish all the best.. Patience it's not a virtue anymore. Bless up..

Victorswife

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 3 2012
File Transfer...
AIP & OWP Sept 20, 2013
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2013
Med's Done....
October 2 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan 8 2014
LANDED..........
March 4, 2014
Looking at Inland 2011 Applications... it seems the Sept 2011 is now being picked up... and is very vacant from their spreadsheet. (just as ours is) Maybe they get to Sept of every year and then go back to the previous year before moving forward?

I just pray we will not have to retrieve a crim check if it goes over the year mark. Just want to work... that's all!

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jolly1 said:
Hi guys! Another week has started! Another
Week to hope, another week anticipating
Some kind of news/update from CIC.
I use to live on CIC website. Looking for
Some form of update . Lately even that is pointless
I've come to accept the fact that they're not doing
Much over there. Our lives are on pause
Waiting for a bunch off people to decide what's next
In our capture. My frustration is spilling over.
Sorry ! Enough ranting!

@ screech I'V noticed the city where I live
Isn't filled in; I live on Ottawa!

Hope every one is having a good week and I pray
We all start getting some news around here!!

Its true I can't believe there was a huge surge approvals of AIPs and DMs and then it just stopped. I hope they pick up again soon. Just be patient and positive. Everything will turn out alright!

vicphone

Apr 4, 2013
Watchie said:
Hi jiggy,
Calling cic is like beating a dead horse, I bet we will get more pleasure beating our head on a tree than talking to these agents, I don't even bother anymore, totally senseless. I'm just making nature takes its course. But I heard the minister is getting immigration officers he'll regarding the backlog, so they are trying to clear it all. Bear in mind that if they are up-to-date will be have to layoff a bunch of officers, so hence the logging.. Wish all the best.. Patience it's not a virtue anymore. Bless up..
started processing on oct 4th. still no sign of dm..

goldmoon

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-12-2012
Med's Done....
18-10-2012 AIP Received : 19-09-2013 DM received : 29-09-2013
Interview........
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
boredhousewife said:
HI, I absolutely understand your plight. Have you received AIP yet or still waiting? If you have, you can go ahead with your plans for school as there are still many college and some university programs still accepting applications.
Hi I haven't received AIP yet and am approaching 8 months. Ohh my goodness my patience would soon expire!!! ???

sunbrey

Feb 18, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Interview........
Final Interview 10-18-2013
Us Too ... We sent in November 1st

They are playing with peoples lives. We should set a date and all send letters & calls to the government and management to take some kind of action.

... it a freakn joke and because they don't give a crap it really doesn't matter to them ... has anyone gotten through management and chewed thier ass off!? I would have done it already but it's government, who's responsible for this B.S backlog ... they should have been prepared ... who do we call to get past the androids at the call centre ?

I'm going to write a letter to my MPP we should all mass email at the same time asking why they have the right to treat us in such a manner, if they are not aware how stressfull this is or how frustrating this is we should make them aware.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I'm a couple of weeks from the 8-month mark, too, and the silence is a bit deafening at this point. I keep telling myself that we will hear something any time now.

I can't get mad, though. I've worked for a large bureaucracy for much of my adult life (large university), and I married into another (RCAF), and this is just how bureaucracies are. SLOW and inefficient. I wish it were otherwise. But it's mostly just normal people doing a job, usually adequately. It stinks we're the ones whose lives are on hold while the wheels turn so slowly, but c'est la vie.

I just don't think it's an issue that the majority of Canadians care deeply about. It affects a small percentage of the population. I know in the US, that most average citizens are mostly just concerned with border security and "keepin' them dirty furriners out," NOT with making the process of legal immigration to reunite/keep families together a smoother or faster process. Minus the chest-thumpingly patriotic vitriol that seems rather uniquely American, I'd bet that most Canadians feel similarly, that they want applicants screened to try to ensure that immigrants who make it to Canada are on the up-and-up, and it if takes a while to get through that process, so be it.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with this completely.

I too work for a bureaucracy and this is just how it goes. Although it's one of the most important things in >our< lives (at least while it's happening) - to the rest of the world, it's just a small detail.

I'm sure that 99% of the people at CIC are doing their jobs, day to day, as well and as efficiently as they can.

And I have to say, I'm surprised by how many people have bad experiences by phone. I've only spoken to CIC a few times during the process - but everyone I've spoken with has been friendly and helpful. I know they can't tell me when it will be done. It says that right on the website, so I don't ask that. But when they've phoned us for clarification on things, and when we've phoned back with answers or questions, I have been treated well every time.

Best of luck to all!

QuebecOkie said:
I'm a couple of weeks from the 8-month mark, too, and the silence is a bit deafening at this point. I keep telling myself that we will hear something any time now.

I can't get mad, though. I've worked for a large bureaucracy for much of my adult life (large university), and I married into another (RCAF), and this is just how bureaucracies are. SLOW and inefficient. I wish it were otherwise. But it's mostly just normal people doing a job, usually adequately. It stinks we're the ones whose lives are on hold while the wheels turn so slowly, but c'est la vie.

I just don't think it's an issue that the majority of Canadians care deeply about. It affects a small percentage of the population. I know in the US, that most average citizens are mostly just concerned with border security and "keepin' them dirty furriners out," NOT with making the process of legal immigration to reunite/keep families together a smoother or faster process. Minus the chest-thumpingly patriotic vitriol that seems rather uniquely American, I'd bet that most Canadians feel similarly, that they want applicants screened to try to ensure that immigrants who make it to Canada are on the up-and-up, and it if takes a while to get through that process, so be it.

ntonchu

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2012
Doc's Request.
24-09-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
Med's Request
23-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012
QuebecOkie said:

You are right Quebecokie. I believe patience is a virtue. There are people who are in this process since 2010 and no decision made yet, but they are not complaining. I have been waiting since Feb 2012 and I won't complain. Let them do their job. I feel bad for those who can't work during the process because it can be very stressful. I am lucky I worked and I am on maternity leave so my baby keeps me very busy. C'est la vie as Quebecokie said. Got to be patient in life.

sunbrey

Feb 18, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Interview........
Final Interview 10-18-2013
I have sent in a letter below, I don't expect much response but if everyone sent in the letter or email we may get a little more action taken.

Send to the email address: Minister@cic.gc.ca.

OR write to the following address:

The Honourable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Your are welcome to copy and paste the below letter.

God Bless!

Dear Honorable Jason Kenny,

A Major Concern Has Arisen at the Immigration Office at Vegreville

I would like to bring to your attention that there has been a major 'Backlog' at the Family Sponsorship Processing Department, which you may be aware of. You might not be aware of the suffering that people on hold it is causing. I would like to state that this backlog has caused immense stress & frustration & hopelessness on me and my family in regards to this process.

I understand why there is a backlog with the new rules but what I don't understand is why more people were not hired or put into overtime to handle this backlog.

Any other corporation, product or service, would have suffered the backlash from their clients that would lead to either bankruptcy or the firing of management, if people were dealt with in such a neglected manor.

There is no way of requesting to speak to the manager or who is responsible for this disregard of people waiting to become good canadian citizens.

"THERE IS A BACKLOG and that's all I can tell you" is 'NOT' a good enough reason to mishandle such an important issue such as immigration and the lives of so many being left in in a state of what feels to be hopelessness. This is not a good impression on Canada and what Canada represents.

I will be sending in a letter of "Improper Service Provide" to my MPP, Higher levels of Government and Media on a weekly basis until this matter is taken seriously.

I hope you will kindly look into this important issue.

Thank you Honorable Jason Kenny & Have a great day.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback welcome

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
sunbrey said:
I have sent in a letter below, I don't expect much response but if everyone sent in the letter or email we may get a little more action taken.

Send to the email address: Minister @ cic.gc.ca.

OR write to the following address:

The Honourable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 1L1

Your are welcome to copy and paste the below letter.

God Bless!

Dear Honorable Jason Kenny,

A Major Concern Has Arisen at the Immigration Office at Vegreville

I would like to bring to your attention that there has been a major 'Backlog' at the Family Sponsorship Processing Department, which you may be aware of. You might not be aware of the suffering that people on hold it is causing. I would like to state that this backlog has caused immense stress & frustration & hopelessness on me and my family in regards to this process.

I understand why there is a backlog with the new rules but what I don't understand is why more people were not hired or put into overtime to handle this backlog.

Any other corporation, product or service, would have suffered the backlash from their clients that would lead to either bankruptcy or the firing of management, if people were dealt with in such a neglected manor.

There is no way of requesting to speak to the manager or who is responsible for this disregard of people waiting to become good canadian citizens.

"THERE IS A BACKLOG and that's all I can tell you" is 'NOT' a good enough reason to mishandle such an important issue such as immigration and the lives of so many being left in in a state of what feels to be hopelessness. This is not a good impression on Canada and what Canada represents.

I will be sending in a letter of "Improper Service Provide" to my MPP, Higher levels of Government and Media on a weekly basis until this matter is taken seriously.

I hope you will kindly look into this important issue.

Thank you Honorable Jason Kenny & Have a great day.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback welcome

I would probably write something to the minister as well. The services they provide are dealing with people's lives... And should be taken seriously and promptly. I'm sure they're trying to work on the applications as fast as they can, but if there are not enough agents to work on all applications they should hire more people. Applications are going to be builded up, not only its going to be stressful for people who are waiting but for the agents too. We are months behind and I really hope they can address the situation soon.

mikekmk

May 10, 2013
downwinder said:
have you checked the processing times.... visa officers are on strike....now we know the reason of the delays
Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.