+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a quick question,

I'm am guessing most of you are still in Canada at the moment waiting for your sponsorship for PR. What was the main reason why you used In-Land instead of Out-land processing, I am just curious that's all

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
I got the GCMS notes via email. Our application was received January 4th at Vegreville but in GCSM and on eCas it shows received at May 31. When we applied both of us were unemployed and we subsequently moved cities and started new jobs. CIC requested a client history update and that is what was sent in May.

They opened our file in late September and in mid November our paper file was transferred to the training room A for two weeks. WE then got AIP November 21.
Police report from home country was received December 22.

Security and Criminality still say - IN PROGRESS

Silver Girl

May 14, 2013
I sent my application on March 9, 2012. Processing began June 2012, and then we heard nothing. Due to the advice on this forum, we contacted our member of parliament. They contacted us back, within 24 hours and we had an appointment to meet this past Monday! With a few phone calls, he was able to receive information, that we could not get. The following morning after our meeting, my husband received his Sponsorship approval and I received my AIP via email!
If you are having long delays, contact parliament. He was extremely helpful and knowledgable.

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
I received my GCMS notes. Part of it (under my spouse) says
Security : not started
Criminality : cancelled....
Medical : not started

we submitted the medical in the same month we submitted the application. Does anyone know what the above means?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
Just a quick question,

I'm am guessing most of you are still in Canada at the moment waiting for your sponsorship for PR. What was the main reason why you used In-Land instead of Out-land processing, I am just curious that's all
I think it is mostly due to personal preference, however some choices are taken due to no choice. In my case, we had no choice but to apply Inland. This is due to two reasons, one is that my spouse is from a non-visa exempt country. So it would be more difficult and more expensive to fly my spouse back and forth for interviews. Second, we have children with us. If we choose the outland approach, either my spouse and kids will have to stay in home country until PR is done or she stays in home country leaving kids behind which is a no-go in our case. So Inland is the only logical choice to take. My spouse was aware of the limitations of staying in Canada until PR is done. But with kids at home, it helps her pass the time.

One other note is that if we did decided to apply outland, we noticed that by comparing the timeline for inland vs outland, the total timeline is longer than inland. 1 month for stage 1, 14 months for stage 2 for Rome Visa Office. Some VOs are faster than others. Applying outland may be best if you don't have any kids living with you and that the total timeline for UK (in your case) processing time is 11 months, 30 days for stage 1, 10 months for stage 2. It is sooner than 14 months for inland process. That is something for you to consider.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Spuh_dyna said:
I received my GCMS notes. Part of it (under my spouse) says
Security : not started
Criminality : cancelled....
Medical : not started

we submitted the medical in the same month we submitted the application. Does anyone know what the above means?
It basically means that they haven't opened your file yet and haven't reviewed your records yet. As for the Cancelled for criminality...I don't know. Did you submit police record with application?

Screech339

Penna7

Star Member
Apr 11, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
It basically means that they haven't opened your file yet and haven't reviewed your records yet. As for the Cancelled for criminality...I don't know. Did you submit police record with application?

Screech339
I would also add that your medicals are probably received in Ottawa but they haven`t requested them yet. As for cancelled criminality I don`t think it`s anything to worry about. I had it started and cancelled at some point and then in Progress and then Passed.

downwinder

Feb 9, 2013
James...you can apply to extend your OWP....if you have a fix job it is likely that they will extend it for 1 year. State in your extension application that you have applied for PR.

Jamesdavid3 said:
I come from the UK and I know the Outland process is quicker in general.

I just need some recommendations on what Route I should take as I don't really care about the waiting times as I just need to Stay in Canada and continue working.

As I have said my IEC Visa ends January 2014, so I can no longer work past that date.

If I submit my In-Land Canada Sponsorship before the end of the June is it likely I will have my Work Permit by then? I think its around 6 Months from that date?

What are the chances that for some reason my work Permit is rejected or for some unknown reason I don't get it, that means I will have to wait the full 14 Months not being able to work, that's just not a option I can take at all... I have to stay in Canada and work during this whole process.

Spuh_dyna

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Interview........
07-Aug-2013
Yes, we did submit a police record along with the application....

the notes also say:

Family Name: *****
Given Name:*****
Type: Eligibility- FC Sponsorship
status updated by:***
Due Date: 07/16/2013
Assigned to: RC-9**8
Assigned by: TT0***2

Will they revisit my file on the due date?

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
my wife is from a visa non-exempt country so we had to apply inland or wait over a year until the process was complete.
After you are married and live together the thought of living apart for 1year or more is not so attractive so inland application is the better choice

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
canuck2k said:
my wife is from a visa non-exempt country so we had to apply inland or wait over a year until the process was complete.
After you are married and live together the thought of living apart for 1year or more is not so attractive so inland application is the better choice
Which is why inland process is the best approach for those from non visa exempt countries. If one was from visa exempt countries, they have a choice to make. They can apply outland and have spouse come visit for 6 month, fly back and return again the next day for another 6 months. Only thing is that it would be an expensive way to go due to paying for an expensive trip back and forth. That would be the price to pay if you want your spouse to have freedom to travel back to home country without fear of screwing up application.

Another way to save the costly trips is drive to US and the re-enter Canada the same day to reset the 6 month stay in Canada.

If my wife was from visa exempt country, we would have applied outland and have her come in on 6 month stay period. Drive into US for a day or 2. Then re-enter Canada for another 6 months stay. Only have to worry about one trip back to home country for landing interview, all without worry about being apart for months at a time.

Screech339

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Its Thursday but the updates on CIC website didn't change

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
Vanilla23 said:
Greetings everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm a bit concerned about the timing of my 'decision made'. I wonder if something is wrong or they have forgotten about me, is there anyone who has the same timeline as me or similar? Jus curious to know if this is the norm, my patience level is going down down down. We received your application for permanent residence on April 13, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 11, 2012.

Medical results have been received.
Hi, longtime lurker/first time poster here.

Just wanted you to know that you have company in that boat. They received my application with meds and police report on April 3rd i think, i received AIP October 9 2012 and haven't heard a word since.

iav12

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
My Work Permit finally arrived today and is valid for 2 years..I applied OWP paper application on feb 09 after AIP and it was issued on may 14 and received in the mail today...
I am so happy ..God bless you all...

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
downwinder said:
James...you can apply to extend your OWP....if you have a fix job it is likely that they will extend it for 1 year. State in your extension application that you have applied for PR.
Hey I posted this in another thread but hoping someone from 2012 might help me out and or has been in the same situation:

"I would love some guidance on this as I have read various things in regards to implied status and post graduate work permits. I am from a visa exempt country, my post graduate work permit is about to expire in July 2013, I have applied for an Open Work Permit along with my inland Permanent Residency application in March of 2013 through spousal sponsorship.

My question is do I get implied status and can work until I hear back about my spouse being AIP or because a post graduate work permit is not extendable therefore cannot be given implied status? I am currently working right now for an employer, but do not need an LMO as far as I know because I am on a post graduate work permit.

What are my next steps? Do I need to apply for another temporary work permit? Would that give me implied status?

Any help would be much appreciated!"