+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Django_unleashed

Apr 11, 2013
Comflakes said:
Django,
I am also from Nigeria and I havent heard of anyone successfully getting their PR mailed to them though I heard its possible. Like the CIC agent said, it is quite risky and I think after all the efforts spent to get the PR, waiting to have it in your hands before you travel will be the safest thing to do. you don't want to jeopardize all you previous effort. Am still in the process and I have not seen my family in years,they havent even met my spouse or baby yet but am going to wait it out till I have my PR in my hands before leaving Canada.
Thanks

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Silver Girl said:
Hello All! Currently I am in Canada, being sponsored by my spouse. (I am from the States) We submitted all our necessary paperwork; sponsorship, permanent residency, medical exam, background check and work permit.
My application was received March 9, 2012
Processing began in June of 2012.
Estimated date to receive permanent residency was to be in Feb/March 2013.

We have not we received any updates or notification since June of 2012! I called Immigration in March and they suggested to re-forward my Certificat de Selection, along with a letter asking for the reason for the delay, to the processing center. The agent said, that "this may get the ball rolling"

Called Immigration again the end of April, as we still have not received any information. They said my residency was overdue, so they sent an email to the processing center. However, they stated that they would have no idea when they would hear back or have any additional information.

It is now going on 15 months and my spouse and I are getting quite worried. I have received 4 job offers but I am unable to accept any of them. We are financially strained, as I really need to be able to work.

If we do not hear any additional information soon, where do we turn? Whom do we speak with? Any information that you can share, will be appreciated.

Ask your husband to speak to his Member of Parliament!!!-They can find out information for you that you might not be able to from CIC!-All the best.

Django_unleashed

Apr 11, 2013
screech339 said:
Like Comflakes said, it is a risky thing to do. I have forgotten about possiblility of customs intercepting it as it enters the country. It might work if you use a reliable courier like fed-ex or UPS and have it sent in shortest time possible. Would be costly.

Screech339
Ok thanks

Silver Girl

May 14, 2013
Mrembo said:
Ask your husband to speak to his Member of Parliament!!!-They can find out information for you that you might not be able to from CIC!-All the best.
Thank you! That is exactly what we did today via email. Keeping fingers crossed!

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
radio777 said:
Does anyone know how to pay for the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" online?

And I believe that even though I have paid for the Sponsorship application of $550, I still have to pay $490 for the "Right of Permanent Residence Fee" to get COPR and PR card.
You go directly to CIC website and the instructions are there under the "make a payemnt" part... Yes, I thought the same that it was already paid but it is something different, and also, it doesnt indicate in the DM letter, but send a copy to CIC after you do the payemnt, I didnt know if I should sent it or not, called CIC and an agent told me that it is not necessary but it is better to doi it since it will be a bit faster to get your landing interview (It all depends on your office) and of course keep a copy for the big day, they will ask you for it :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Silver Girl said:
Hello All! Currently I am in Canada, being sponsored by my spouse. (I am from the States) We submitted all our necessary paperwork; sponsorship, permanent residency, medical exam, background check and work permit.
My application was received March 9, 2012
Processing began in June of 2012.
Estimated date to receive permanent residency was to be in Feb/March 2013.

We have not we received any updates or notification since June of 2012! I called Immigration in March and they suggested to re-forward my Certificat de Selection, along with a letter asking for the reason for the delay, to the processing center. The agent said, that "this may get the ball rolling"

Called Immigration again the end of April, as we still have not received any information. They said my residency was overdue, so they sent an email to the processing center. However, they stated that they would have no idea when they would hear back or have any additional information.

It is now going on 15 months and my spouse and I are getting quite worried. I have received 4 job offers but I am unable to accept any of them. We are financially strained, as I really need to be able to work.

If we do not hear any additional information soon, where do we turn? Whom do we speak with? Any information that you can share, will be appreciated.
Hi silver girl,

From what I am reading, I'm reading it that you got your application sent and only reieved AOR. Application of Receipt email/letter. But have not gotten an AIP yet?

If this is the case, you are severely overdued as applicants who have submitted applications around same time have gotten their AIP around October timeframe.

I think you may need to contact your local MP and ask for assistance in getting the ball rolling and get answers for your delay.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Good luck to Robotic, kbwaterh, jorchm and Rusty53 on their landing date tomorrow. You guys must be getting excited now.

Screech339

Robotic

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
screech339 said:
Good luck to Robotic, kbwaterh, jorchm and Rusty53 on their landing date tomorrow. You guys must be getting excited now.

Screech339
Thanks screech!! I'm nervous and excited! Ill let y'all knw how it goes!

radio777

May 10, 2013
@ Loops:

You go directly to CIC website and the instructions are there under the "make a payemnt" part... Yes, I thought the same that it was already paid but it is something different, and also, it doesnt indicate in the DM letter, but send a copy to CIC after you do the payemnt, I didnt know if I should sent it or not, called CIC and an agent told me that it is not necessary but it is better to doi it since it will be a bit faster to get your landing interview (It all depends on your office) and of course keep a copy for the big day, they will ask you for it Smiley

Thanks for the info. I have paid the $490 yesterday. My lawyer told me the exact same thing to wait for the interview letter/appointment letter. But, I personally think it is better to send the receipt to the CIC. I just don't know where to send it. Vegreville or Montreal local office of CIC.

where did you send it?

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
I have a question that someone may be able to help me with.

My sister has been in a relationship with a guy from St. Vincent for the past 4 years. She lives here in Canada and he in St. Vincent. She travels there and stays for 6 months and comes home. Has been doing this for 3 years. He has been here once. They were having a baby last year and she came home at 4 months to get care here during her pregnancy, but, lost it at 5 months in Dec. She went back in April, came home in Sept and back again Dec. 31 and is still there until Aug. She wants to sponsor him CL but only have a joint bank account, they pay cash for their living as he lives with his Auntie. She has never declared CL on taxes in Canada, does that pose a problem? She has a child that stays here in Canada with grandma while she is away. Would CCTB ask for the money back even though the child is here in Canada. Does she have grounds for filing for CL. I think they are going for Inland PR

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Nigea said:
I have a question that someone may be able to help me with.

My sister has been in a relationship with a guy from St. Vincent for the past 4 years. She lives here in Canada and he in St. Vincent. She travels there and stays for 6 months and comes home. Has been doing this for 3 years. He has been here once. They were having a baby last year and she came home at 4 months to get care here during her pregnancy, but, lost it at 5 months in Dec. She went back in April, came home in Sept and back again Dec. 31 and is still there until Aug. She wants to sponsor him CL but only have a joint bank account, they pay cash for their living as he lives with his Auntie. She has never declared CL on taxes in Canada, does that pose a problem? She has a child that stays here in Canada with grandma while she is away. Would CCTB ask for the money back even though the child is here in Canada. Does she have grounds for filing for CL.
I don't know if she has any grounds for filing under common law. I believe the law says that they must live together for 12 continuous months with no breaks. By going back and forth every 6 months doesn't mean they are in common law in eyes of Canada. I think if your sister wants to sponsor the boyfriend, she needs to get married since she hasn't met the 12 continuous living together arrangement prior to submitting application.

Screech339

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
As a matter of fact, i hv a chance to meet Jason Kenney today for 15 mins question time.

What do you guys want to ask him if you hv a chance?? (of cos i want to ask him why i hvnt' got my DM while those submitted later than me got AIP+DM at one time!!)

Throw in ur ideas i hope i can help raising some questions or points worth seeing for him.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jolly1 said:
Re posting this , could someone please answer:

Hi I'v been a member on here for a while but this is my first posted. This forum is very helpful to me . My husband and i submitted my application for PR in October 2012. I have two question. 1. We did not submit application for work permit can we submit it on its own or do we have to wait for them to get bk to us?
2. I have a daughter that is in my home country, she is declared on the application but not being sponcered yet , do I do her medical now or wait untill CIC tell me to do it?

Looking forward to your responses .

Thank you.
At this point you probably should just wait to receive your AIP to apply for the work permit - you are at 6 months so you must be close to receiving it. With AIP you can apply for an open work permit online.

As far as the medical, it should have said in the instructions. If it didn't, wait until you hear from the visa office.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
screech339 said:

Screech339
Thanks Screech, yes we are excited. We will update you when we are done. Great job on the spreadsheet.