+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Robotic

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Hmm that's weird cause there's a person who on here who traveled while waiting for their PR card in and out of Canada 3 times and didnt have any problems...so I guess everyone has different experiences and it does help if your from a visa exempt country....I like hearing from people who actually done it and have some experience, makes me feel better lol....and I do have reasons for going back to see my family so ya that's why I'm thinking of going back home because 3 months from now I won't be able to do it so ya

gjfst

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
London , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Robotic said:
Hmm that's weird cause there's a person who on here who traveled while waiting for their PR card in and out of Canada 3 times and didnt have any problems...so I guess everyone has different experiences and it does help if your from a visa exempt country....I like hearing from people who actually done it and have some experience, makes me feel better lol....and I do have reasons for going back to see my family so ya that's why I'm thinking of going back home because 3 months from now I won't be able to do it so ya

Yes computergeek traveled 3 times. We discuissed this a few days ago.

If you leave canada in a private vehicle than you can use you COPR at the border.
If you leave the country on a commercial vehicle such a bus,train, airplane than you need to possess the PR card.
If you are from visa exempt country than it's likely that you can pass the border without any problem.
(this case is lucky because you can use your passport to get to the border, than you can identify yourself as a PR)

If your country require visa than the company who you travel with won't allow you to board the plane/train... (they can be fined if they do)
You can apply for a travel document abroad in the local visa office, but you might not get it in time.

If you are on canadian soil than you can use your COPR.

This is an older source, but i heard the same before...
http://info.lawyershop.ca/archives/2006/11/13/traveling-without-pr-card-possible/

(i won't have my pr card and i leave with a plane on the 23rd, i am from a visa exempt country...)

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Thanks for sharing your experience. So I guess they are asking us to bring all CIC issued document is for the purpose of destroying them. Then I hope they would believe that the Canadian Border already destroyed my wife's old study permits when we return from our USA trip back in Dec 2012.

It is not mandatory to show Driver License right, as long as we have passport handy?

Xanadu2011 said:
Hi,

Just had my Landing interview two days ago @ Saskatoon office. Went there with my wife and our 18 month daughter.

There were only three other families at our scheduled time with us. First we were all called to go into a conference room. There we sat down and the officer told us about the things you are and are not allowed as permanent resident. She also briefly explained the process of becoming canadian citizen. She also mentioned that until the PR Card arrives (which can take up to 2 months) you still should not travel, because the Confirmation of Permanent Residence is NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL. She said if there were travel plans to either cancel them or reschedule the interview to a later date after travel plans. Also that you can apply for a permanent SIN number as soon as you have the PR Card. You cannot get the permanent SIN with the Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form.

This was also the time to ask questions. She said it would be good to ask now because answering questions during interviews would just lengthen the process and they would like to get the paperwork done as fast as possible (nothing wrong with that in my opinion :) )

Then we had to go back to the lobby and the officer would call the names of the families in random order. When we were called, we were led into a interview room. The same officer who did the introduction in the meeting room wanted to see all our documents - passports and/or drivers license, sponsors ID, all immigration documents previously issued (work permit, visitor visa etc. - they will destroy those). She also took the 2 passport pictures.

Then I had to pay my Confirmation of Permanent Residence Fee of CAD $490.00. I paid with my credit card.

Then she started to ask me a couple of questions:
1. Have I ever been charged/convicted of a crime or offense in Canada
2. If I was refused admission to Canada
3. If I was required to leave Canada
4. If I had any dependent children in the world

After asking the questions I was to sign the Confirmation of PR Form and Initial my answers to the questions she asked me previously.

Then she said: "That is it, Welcome to Canada!"

Well, and that was it :) The interview was scheduled for 1pm. We walked into the office around 12:40pm and we were out at 1:50pm.

All in all a very good experience. The officer was friendly and it was really nice talking to her.

Very important note: It is your own responsibility to bring a translator to the interview if you do require one.

No need to be nervous about this interview at all.

Xanadu2011

Apr 26, 2011
walter8299 said:
Thanks for sharing your experience. So I guess they are asking us to bring all CIC issued document is for the purpose of destroying them. Then I hope they would believe that the Canadian Border already destroyed my wife's old study permits when we return from our USA trip back in Dec 2012.

It is not mandatory to show Driver License right, as long as we have passport handy?
Hi,

They have to identify the sponsor via photo ID. Passport or Drivers license, your choice. Applicant must use Passport.

By the way, the officer did not ask my wife (sponsor) a single question.

Xan

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
The timesheets are updated with CP's landing date.

I want to thank everyone for their feed¡ack and suggestions for improvements and/or error corrections on the timesheets. Glad that everyone is enjoying the new layout and the different document format for everyone to choose from.

Hope for some news today, AIP, DM or Landing letter or any news to share today.

Screech339

rossal-

Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Request
March 2012
I'm so sad, everybody is getting DM but not me... is almost a year and nothing all other steps were in time but this last one is taking so loong :'( they told me everything was ok with my file. I though our dossier was good enough, I don't have any criminal records or childrens, so I don't see why is taking so long :( I want to see my family so badly! Sorry for my rant, I'm just so sad :(

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
rossal- said:
I'm so sad, everybody is getting DM but not me... is almost a year and nothing all other steps were in time but this last one is taking so loong :'( they told me everything was ok with my file. I though our dossier was good enough, I don't have any criminal records or childrens, so I don't see why is taking so long :( I want to see my family so badly! Sorry for my rant, I'm just so sad :(
It's understandable you are sad:(-Don't stress too much though,your day is coming and I pray sooner than later:) ;)

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
So folks I have finally received my PR card yesterday through snail mail :). All in all it took 56 after my landing interview to get my PR card. I am so veryyyyyyyyyyyyy happy and relieved :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :p :p :p. For those of you still waiting I pray that it will come sooner than you expect.
ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU ALL

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nonoo said:
So folks I have finally received my PR card yesterday through snail mail :). All in all it took 56 after my landing interview to get my PR card. I am so veryyyyyyyyyyyyy happy and relieved :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :p :p :p. For those of you still waiting I pray that it will come sooner than you expect.
ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU ALL
@nonoo

Congrats on getting your PR card. It closely match CIC website time for new PR card of 53 days.

Thanks for the update. The timesheet has been updated.

Screech339

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
I finally got my wife's home country (iran) police certificate which took 7 month toget here(thanks to Harper government for shutting down iranian embassy in ottawa)...Technically my second DM (8 month)is due by may 31...i m just wondering how much delays will be built up to this process?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Kayvanblue said:
I finally got my wife's home country (iran) police certificate which took 7 month toget here(thanks to Harper government for shutting down iranian embassy in ottawa)...Technically my second DM (8 month)is due by may 31...i m just wondering how much delays will be built up to this process?
It may go faster now that you have police record check in your hand to submit. Contact CIC to see if you can submit them asap as I believe police records are valid for 3 months after its issued date.

Screech339

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
screech339 said:
It may go faster now that you have police record check in your hand to submit. Contact CIC to see if you can submit them asap as I believe police records are valid for 3 months after its issued date.
They must be received by CIC within 3 months of their issue, but once received by CIC (within that 90 day span) they are valid for one year from the issue date.

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Good morning Everyone,

I am august 2012 applicant and did not receive AIP yet, (my file was transferred to Saskatoon office). This morning i receive email from CIC requesting me to do medical and they attached medical instructions. Does anyone here experience having medical 1st before AIP?

Also, Does anyone here knows the best Dr's to book-in for medical appointment here in Edmonton?

Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Augustos said:
Good morning Everyone,

I am august 2012 applicant and did not receive AIP yet, (my file was transferred to Saskatoon office). This morning i receive email from CIC requesting me to do medical and they attached medical instructions. Does anyone here experience having medical 1st before AIP?

Also, Does anyone here knows the best Dr's to book-in for medical appointment here in Edmonton?

Thanks
Hi Augustos,

I believe it is case by case. Some applicants have gotten their medical requests before AIP and other times, requested after AIP.

It is not a matter of the best Dr. It is which doctors are approved by CIC for medical examination. Here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
Use the link to find the list of approved doctors in Edmonton.

I pasted a list of approved doctors in Edmonton.

Tony Salopek

Heritage village - 2041-111 th Street NW,
Alberta, T6J 4V9
780-438-2306
Croatian / English

Kerry Pawluski

Blatchford Field Medical Clinic,
11541 Kingsway Ave NW,
Alberta, T5G 3E8
780-809-1495
English / French

Jordanka Angelova