INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CP that is a decision made. So it is a landing interview. Congrats.

Screech339
Interesting, considering I got my DM a couple weeks ago. Maybe they just decided to give us a landing interview in retrospect.
The DM said we were supposed to expect a call, but I guess they sent mail instead.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CP said:
Interesting, considering I got my DM a couple weeks ago. Maybe they just decided to give us a landing interview in retrospect.
The DM said we were supposed to expect a call, but I guess they sent mail instead.
Sorry I didn't see timesheet that you got DM already. It is a letter for landing date interview. What day is the appointment? They all send snail mail for landÍng dates from local CIC.

Screech339

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Sorry I didn't see timesheet that you got DM already. It is a letter for landing date interview. What day is the appointment? They all send snail mail for landÍng dates from local CIC.

Screech339
The appointment is on May 24th.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
CP said:
The appointment is on May 24th.
Thanks for the info. Will update timesheet tomorrow. Congrats

Screech339

nishika

Mar 28, 2013
screech339 said:
So far stilling waiting. Been 6 weeks for me today. So far only Robotic was able to get letter from Etobicoke 2 weeks ago. You can enter US if you drove in car yourself with COPR.

Screech339
Thanks, I will take a flight so I know COPR is not good enough. I dont want the appointment before my trip but wish that you get your letter soon.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hi guys!

Congrats to all of you closer to the big date!!! I am a bit worried! After I got my DM I received a letter from CIC asking to fill another form and send it back with 2 pictures, in the letter its mentioned that they will schedule my appointment after they get the pictures and check the form (That was basically confirming my personal infomration like name, address, passport number, etc).

They reason why I am worried it is because after reading your post, I was the only one who was asked to do this! :( So I dont know if this is good or bad!!!

Does anyone got the same letter before the one with your landing interview appointment?

CP

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loops said:
Hi guys!

Congrats to all of you closer to the big date!!! I am a bit worried! After I got my DM I received a letter from CIC asking to fill another form and send it back with 2 pictures, in the letter its mentioned that they will schedule my appointment after they get the pictures and check the form (That was basically confirming my personal infomration like name, address, passport number, etc).

They reason why I am worried it is because after reading your post, I was the only one who was asked to do this! :( So I dont know if this is good or bad!!!

Does anyone got the same letter before the one with your landing interview appointment?
My interview letter came with requirements of bringing ID and extra photos to the interview. Maybe they're just going about it a different way?

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
CP said:
My interview letter came with requirements of bringing ID and extra photos to the interview. Maybe they're just going about it a different way?
why photos are needed again? do they need standard passport photos? (those who wont let u "smile"?:)

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
ichbinella said:
why photos are needed again? do they need standard passport photos? (those who wont let u "smile"?:)
The photos I was asked for, where with the "Permanent Reidence requirements" A little bit bigger than the Passport ones, but still ... no smile :(

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
Loops said:
The photos I was asked for, where with the "Permanent Reidence requirements" A little bit bigger than the Passport ones, but still ... no smile :(
haha, i really hate taking pics here, I got a very terrible one for my driving license because I was not allowed to smile... and hv to keep my mouth shut" look like i was so angry in the pic..

I'm still waiting for my DM to arrive though...

Robotic

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok I'm a little confused about leaving Canada....when u get COPR...u need permission to leave Canada to go to your home country??

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
@Ichbinella, I hate no smile pictures as well, and well nothing to do with the forum but just to make you smile a bith and for you to know that your drivers license pic is perfect ... well .... My case is the worst!

Before moving to Canada, I went to get a new drivers license since I lost mine and wanted to have one in case I needed to rent a car here ... I called for info and they told me I dint need to retake the picture since I took it 6 months before that and they still had it on the system, the same day I had my appointment to do so I woke up with a huge pain on my mouth, run to the dentist and he took out 2 wisdom teeth at that same spot!!!!

While renewing my license, the system was not working well and my picture was nowhere to be foud and yes ... I LOOK LIKE A HAMSTER with my left cheek full of food and my eyes still showing pain!!! So every time they ask me for a "No smile" picture I just fine after that!! LOL

Xanadu2011

Apr 26, 2011
Robotic said:
Ok I'm a little confused about leaving Canada....when u get COPR...u need permission to leave Canada to go to your home country??
The COPR is NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL. Meaning you have to wait for the PR Card to arrive which will be mailed to you about 50 days after the interview occurred. So if you leave the country and the PR Card arrives, i guess you could ask somebody to FedEx it to your home country address. But there is always the chance that the card might get lost on the way. A risk worth taking? I dont know.

Dont forget that they will destroy all your previous work permits, visas, study permits and so on during the interview. On the COPR there is a "watermark" across the document that states: NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL.

What I dont understand is, why people would risk anything after waiting sooo endlessly long for that PR Status... Why not wait until everything is set and done.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Robotic said:
Is not a permission to go to your home country, but you can not enter Canada if you dont have PR card ... as Xanadu the option of having it sent to you is a risk that personally I wouldnt take :(

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
Loops said:
@ Ichbinella, I hate no smile pictures as well, and well nothing to do with the forum but just to make you smile a bith and for you to know that your drivers license pic is perfect ... well .... My case is the worst!

Before moving to Canada, I went to get a new drivers license since I lost mine and wanted to have one in case I needed to rent a car here ... I called for info and they told me I dint need to retake the picture since I took it 6 months before that and they still had it on the system, the same day I had my appointment to do so I woke up with a huge pain on my mouth, run to the dentist and he took out 2 wisdom teeth at that same spot!!!!

While renewing my license, the system was not working well and my picture was nowhere to be foud and yes ... I LOOK LIKE A HAMSTER with my left cheek full of food and my eyes still showing pain!!! So every time they ask me for a "No smile" picture I just fine after that!! LOL

I couldnt help laughing... hopefully u can have other photo ID then u dun need to show that too often:) or when ppl see u showing that, they may say you look much much better in real!