jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I wish I gotten a snail mail after 2 weeks. But it has been 3.5 weeks yet since I heard anything from Etobicoke office.

Screech339
I'd rather be in your position than getting the letter early but have to wait 3 1/2 months for the appointment lol. Etobicoke is faster.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jillplay said:
Hey screech, from St Lucia and live in Toronto :)

I'm wondering now if we should still send in our OWP app as the lady told me they are working on 72 working days. We might have an appointment before then. Any thoughts.
My brother and his family went to visit St. Lucia last summer. They had a good time there.

Screech339

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
JOR2012 said:
Hi everyone!
My husband got DM yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Jor2012, Congratulations, I have updated you on the spreadsheet.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rusty53 said:
Jor2012, Congratulations, I have updated you on the spreadsheet.
@ rusty

Don't forget to add silver_oaks to the spreadsheet.

Screech339

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
silver_oaks said:
Yup i guess i am the 3rd lucky person to have gotten this privilege by CIC. ;D :D :) I hope they send a letter for landing at Scarborough soon as well. Will keep you guys posted
Congrats silver_oaks. It is nice to hear that some can go through so quickly. I have added you to the spreadsheet. If you want anymore iinfo added just post it and I will do it for you.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jenny12345 said:
I'd rather be in your position than getting the letter early but have to wait 3 1/2 months for the appointment lol. Etobicoke is faster.
I don't know if Etoicoke office will be faster. But I bet it is one of the busiest locatioÑ due to being in GTA. Scarborough and Etobicoke are only 2 offices to handle a high density population where most immigrants tend to stay.

At least, Jenny, you have a date of landing despite 3.5 months wait. You can relax and wait for the day to come.

Screech339

silver_oaks

Apr 19, 2013
Rusty53 said:
Congrats silver_oaks. It is nice to hear that some can go through so quickly. I have added you to the spreadsheet. If you want anymore iinfo added just post it and I will do it for you.
Thanks Rusty, Will keep you updated.. I guess my process did not take time due to the following reasons.

1. We have been married 3 years
2. Wife is a lawyer studied from the USA
3. Sent in medical reports and security checks all with the application
4. Sent in all fees together with the application
5. Sent in 15 odd group pictures of us when we got married.
6. Sent in honey moon pictures and hotel receipts.

I guess the evidence was good + file was all complete. Did not take the officer much time to make a decision.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
silver_oaks said:
Thanks Rusty, Will keep you updated.. I guess my process did not take time due to the following reasons.

1. We have been married 3 years
2. Wife is a lawyer studied from the USA
3. Sent in medical reports and security checks all with the application
4. Sent in all fees together with the application
5. Sent in 15 odd group pictures of us when we got married.
6. Sent in honey moon pictures and hotel receipts.

I guess the evidence was good + file was all complete. Did not take the officer much time to make a decision.
I believe that the length of your marriage along with your medical and police check submitted with application makes a big difference. The key thing to remember is that you have to convince them that your marriage is genuine. The length of marriage increases the odds of acceptance quickily or at least sponsorship will go through.

Although I don't think note #2 about your wife being a lawyer who studied in the US had any bearing on the decision. Maybe the fact that she studied in the US might have made criminal check/immigration history easier to check thus faster approval.

Screech339

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
jillplay said:
OMG OMG OMG

I just got off the phone with a CIC agent who told me that there was a letter sent on April 18th, and our file was transferred to Etobicoke !!! I asked her does that mean there is a decision made, she said she can't tell on her computer she said can only see a letter was sent. So I asked her if it was a good thing that the file was transferred she said yes, its usually a good thing !!!

So does is it a good thing ??? Do the deny an stage 2 approval and send it to the local office ????

Or are WE DONE !!!! ???????
Jillplay, congrats, way to get the week started for us. I have update you in the spreadsheet. Keep us informed on your progress.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
The spreadsheet should noe be up to date. It is now locked so you will have to let me know of all changes. I will do my best to keep it up to date.

@ Ziggy, sorry for the no show on the AIP. I was certain it would come.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
;D :D :D :D @Jillplay

I am so happy for u! It's done. CIC is now history in your life

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary and we had a ball and we wanted to eat AIP here today as a dessert.

@sunsun
CPC Vegreville would be very happy for the help. That'd be automatic approval for you :D

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
jillplay said:
Hey screech, from St Lucia and live in Toronto :)
-------------
Congrats Jillplay!

My wife is from St. Lucia. Hopefully the good vibes will fall upon all applicants from the Helen of the West Indies ;D

iav12

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nataliew83 said:
Anyone that applied for owp in February by mail got it yet? It was received Feb 23, really wish I'd applied online looking at the processing times.

I called cic the other day, I had my medical Feb 21 and ecas has never showed it being received but the agent told me they had received it and are working on background checks! Fingers crossed it is all finished soon!!

Congrats to everyone that has had DM recently :)
Hi cic received my OWP on Feb.08,2013 and I am still waiting for processing. I called earlier they told me that they are still working on the applications received on jan,25. They are taking forever for paper applications.I am tired of sitting home all day long Hoping to start work as soon i get work permit. In my online status says "Medical Results have been received".Does anybody know once they updated medicals on ecas is there any chance they can ask to redo the medicals again????
Congrats to everyone of you who got their DM's and AIP's and I hope everybody gets their good new soon.
Good luck and God bless all.

silver_oaks

Apr 19, 2013
iav12 said:
Hi cic received my OWP on Feb.08,2013 and I am still waiting for processing. I called earlier they told me that they are still working on the applications received on jan,25. They are taking forever for paper applications.I am tired of sitting home all day long Hoping to start work as soon i get work permit. In my online status says "Medical Results have been received".Does anybody know once they updated medicals on ecas is there any chance they can ask to redo the medicals again????
Congrats to everyone of you who got their DM's and AIP's and I hope everybody gets their good new soon.
Hi iav12, CIC would ask you to do your medicals again once they expire that is after a year. I am not sure when ecas would update on the meds. For all those who are sitting at home you should enjoy it while you can as this time is going to finish and all of us would have to work again. So take it easy, relax and enjoy your vacation. I am doing the things mentioned below.

1. Cleaning the house.
2. Reading a lot
3. Watching my favorite TV shows and a few TV series + movies etc
4. Going to the Gym 5 times a week.
5. Spending more time with my spouse
6. Spending time with family
7. Learning a new language
8. Learning Mixed Martial Arts
9. Learning how to play the piano
10. Volunteering at a hospital once a week
11. Cooking

Fulfill your dream and do something while you got the time.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
iav12 said:
I know what you mean!-Am stressed out so much and just can't wait to get back to work! :(-let me know when you receive you work permit as am right behind you!!-At least they are working on apps received on Jan 25 and not 12th as it says on their website :)