Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
thatgirl123

The immigration minister was speaking in the news that the backlog has been slashed by 40%. that is sounding encouraging. But we need our applications to speed up. Especially me and you who have our beautiful Jamaica to visit forn Christmas, God willing
Well that's encouraging news for sure! But if they don't hurry up and and at least grant an OWP there wont be a snowballs chance in hell of affording a Christmas Vacation to Jamaica any time soon! lol

When you log in to ECAS - does it just say "in process" and nothing else - or does it say "in process.....and blah blah (whatever steps they are in the middle of) I just keep fearing that our file has dropped off and fallen behind someones desk.......... lost ! lol

I also wonder if things take twice as long because my husband is here, but his son (who I also filed for) on the same app is still back home.......... maybe Im just fretting for nothing but its driving me crazy all ready!!!

JesaWicked

Sep 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys! I just received my letter of completion today (via e-mail)! :eek:

The city of Hamilton should contact me soon! Yipeee!

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
JesaWicked said:

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!! Congrats!! That's a nice way to start the weekend!!

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
JesaWicked said:

Jesawicked, Congratulations. I have update your data already. Please enjoy your weekend which I am sure you will and don't forget to let us know when your landing date is.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
thatgirl123

Yes all it says both on sponsor and applicant's status 'in process'. this month is going to make 6 months. The call centre agent told me today that I should hear something by this Month end or May. I heard that when kids are involved from outside the country, they usually increase the wait time. The processing time for Kingston is 17 months. But I just want to land before December because even though I am broke I just need a round trip for us and then the rest will fall into place

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JesaWicked said:

Congrats! Wow it looks like everyday people are getting DM from the 2012 applicants!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
JesaWicked
:D ;D ;) :) :p 8) :D ;D Congratulations!!! Wow! You can now return to sleeping alright and living normal life again. You need a day at the beach now to bathe off all that anxiety. Please remember that we are still here

JesaWicked

Sep 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys! This is so awesome! My weekend will now be full of celebration.

I actually received the email after the gym. I literally hugged everyone I saw with my sweaty self, lol.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
A little statistic to help you feel good about the weekend. Since March 27th, that is 6 working days, there have been 11 DM's issued to our group. If CIC keeps up this rate we will all have DM within three months. Regardless it has been an awesome week!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Rusty

Thanks Rusty for keeping the back office very busy. I was on the spreadsheet a while ago and it started running all over the place so I realized that you have been working summing up the stats. And remember that my AIP is coming in 14 days according to you. But I dont know why they ordered background/criminality checks for me without first giving me first stage and OWP

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
thatgirl123

Yes all it says both on sponsor and applicant's status 'in process'. this month is going to make 6 months. The call centre agent told me today that I should hear something by this Month end or May. I heard that when kids are involved from outside the country, they usually increase the wait time. The processing time for Kingston is 17 months. But I just want to land before December because even though I am broke I just need a round trip for us and then the rest will fall into place
Lawda Mercy! Im gona have to call them on Monday and be a pain in the butt ! When I log in to ECAS it says "in process" for me, and for his it still says "application received" as if there is no movement on his part. I dunno....... just seems weird to me. Im gona double check and make sure they don't require any other info, or something.
I expect that the actual "landing" will take longer, because of my step-son - that's OK, the most important thing (to us) is just getting the AIP, ability to work, be productive and have health care coverage (should incase of emergency) My step-son is 15, in gr 10. I hope this is all over before he is due to graduate high school!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Thatgirl123

My friend is 24 yrs old. he did his medical and background check from last August in Jamaica because his mom is being sponsored inside canada and he's on her sponsorship. She landed like 2 weeks now and they said they will send to Jamaica to inform the embassy to issue their visas. Your step is a minor so they wont be doing any background check so it shoud be faster. I beleive that when you get AOR they should automatically send an OWP! Why wait until first stage approval. Because even if youre approved for first stage and fail second stagr ur application is f.......ed! Ao why not giving us now?

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
Thatgirl123

My friend is 24 yrs old. he did his medical and background check from last August in Jamaica because his mom is being sponsored inside canada and he's on her sponsorship. She landed like 2 weeks now and they said they will send to Jamaica to inform the embassy to issue their visas. Your step is a minor so they wont be doing any background check so it shoud be faster. I beleive that when you get AOR they should automatically send an OWP! Why wait until first stage approval. Because even if youre approved for first stage and fail second stagr ur application is f.......ed! Ao why not giving us now?
Its silly! My husband had a medical done before he got here and had a work permit (he was on a farm program fro 11 years) anyway......... there has been no change so they should (imo) just extend the existing work permit - but they don't. And cant use the same medical (that was still valid at the time we filed - altho it would be expired now) because we don't have a copy of it, it is with the laison office.
I sponsored someone 22 years ago, and it was not this difficult! We had an office right here in London. I went in and submitted the paperwork (which was only a couple of pages) and he got his work permit same time. It was not an "open" work permit, so he was not allowed to work around children or vulnerable people until he was cleared and landed, but it was much easier to address questions, etc with a real person in a real office, face to face.

My husband has another son who is 23, we couldn't add him to our sponsorship at this time because he is not a "dependant" . After things are all sorted out with my husband and his youngest, we will start an application for the oldest one (altho, he doesn't seem to have much interest in coming for any longer than a visit......... but maybe his mind will change in the future)

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Slashed 40% because CIC had refused 300000 skilled workers applicants who applied before Feb 2008.. Some of them have waited 10 years.. So it is not a good news

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
sunsun said:
Slashed 40% because CIC had refused 300000 skilled workers applicants who applied before Feb 2008.. Some of them have waited 10 years.. So it is not a good news
Yikkkessss!