Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Avalon said:
Thanks Mrembo. She actually went to Service Ontario in Whitby the other day and they told her that she needs proof from CIC saying that her PR application is approved! However, I have just spoken to an agent at CIC and he told me that she doesn't need that and she should be able to get OHIP with the sponsor letter. Her Temporary Resident visa is about to expire in April, does she need to apply for a new one or will she automatically get a renewal? She is pregnant and needs an Ultrasound a.s.a.p. due to issues in her 1st pregnancy.

thanks so much for responding and giving your advice.
You are welcome :)-since she has already gotten her AIP and qualifies for an open work permit,she doesn't need to renew her visa!!-Congratulations and here's to wishing her a healthy pregnancy :)

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
jillplay said:
Which office did you go to ?

I'm getting such a run around trying to get my husbands. Have a meeting on Thursday with my MPP.
47 Sheppard Ave E, Toronto

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@kulkas5

You would not get an OWP unless you are approved in principle. Did you check your Ecas to see what it said? Would you mind sharing your timeline with me?

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
jillplay said:
So further to my frustrating in getting my husbands health card application started, first thing this morning I called CIC and an agent advisd me that they DO NOT MAIL out the AIP letters anymore, they are EMAILED only ( hence, the reason it was and can't be signed/dated/stamped by the officer ).

So I called Service Ontario, who advised me they don't understand why the lady refused it with the documents I had; then told me that it is their policy that it needs to be signed/dated/stamped so why doesn't CIC change the way they send the letters out. I advised her that for the last 10 years our government has been pushing us to go GREEN which includes PAPERLESS so why would they ?

I was then told to go see my MPP......

How is it that different offices have different policies ????

I went to the office in Toronto at Islington and Bloor on Saturday with the official CIC stage 1 approval + alll other documents and then some, which was required per their website....

So frustrating.

Hi, same thing happen to me. Went to Service Ontario in Mississauga, they didn't accept the EMAIL. Called CIC , they wouldn't send a letter. Both CIC and Service Ontario adviced me to send a request for review of my OHIP application to the Comittee of OHIP Eligibility.
Took me 20 days for an answer and they review and sent a letter GRANTING OHIP coverage, with this letter and passaport and proof of residence, they issued my OHIP . It will start only 90 days after the day you received AIP.

Good luck.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Hamilton service ontario gave my husband no problems at all with his emailed letter.

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Avalon said:
Thanks Mrembo. She actually went to Service Ontario in Whitby the other day and they told her that she needs proof from CIC saying that her PR application is approved! However, I have just spoken to an agent at CIC and he told me that she doesn't need that and she should be able to get OHIP with the sponsor letter. Her Temporary Resident visa is about to expire in April, does she need to apply for a new one or will she automatically get a renewal? She is pregnant and needs an Ultrasound a.s.a.p. due to issues in her 1st pregnancy.

thanks so much for responding and giving your advice. :)

Hi, usually they send AIP to the sponsor and a letter or email (in my case) for the applicant. With one or the other you could go to a Service Ontario and apply for OHIP. If the don't accept you will have to ask for a review for the Comitee of OHIP Coverage, both CIC and Service Ontario advice me to do that.
It took me 20 days for a review and they granted me with OHIP.
The O HIP coverage will start 90 days after the date you received AIP.

Good luck

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
figtoria said:
The Hamilton service ontario gave my husband no problems at all with his emailed letter.

Yes, it is frustrating, because it all depends of the office you go. I guess some office are more update with CIC methods than other. The Mississauga one didn't even now that they were sending out by email, but after checking with the manager they still keep with the same info that they wanted a signed letter.

nata

Jan 21, 2012
Hi) our story.. and some questions..
We are in Alberta and my husband sponsored me..
I had a visitor visa - expired sept 2012...
12 aug 2012 - send application to Vegreville
15 aug 2012 - they received our implication
25 aug 2012 our baby was born))
27 febr 2013 - we received e-mail - This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration
Centre in Calgary for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for
an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete, that
office will notify you by mail of their decision.
13 march 2013 - letter from CIC in Calgary - "cases received march 2013 are estimated to be reviewed september 2014"!!!!!!...
so.. yesterday we send the letter to CIC and ordered a foss notes..and now waiting..
I just want to know there may be people in a similar situation?
and can I apply a multy entry visa ..if the waiting time has increased significantly.. someone who has the experience???

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
bibace said:
so I just came back and I applied for OHIP with no problems!

I am in Toronto and was at one of the biggest and busiest Services Ontario! So they didn't request any additional proofs, just: proof of address ( apartment lease), passport, I gave them the email of cic for AIP and the original OWP!

wish luck to everybody :D
which office did you go to? Yonge-sheppard? and did they say u will have 90 days waiting period or its effective immediately?

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nata said:
Hi) our story.. and some questions..
We are in Alberta and my husband sponsored me..
I had a visitor visa - expired sept 2012...
12 aug 2012 - send application to Vegreville
15 aug 2012 - they received our implication
25 aug 2012 our baby was born))
27 febr 2013 - we received e-mail - This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration
Centre in Calgary for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for
an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete, that
office will notify you by mail of their decision.
13 march 2013 - letter from CIC in Calgary - "cases received march 2013 are estimated to be reviewed september 2014"!!!!!!...
so.. yesterday we send the letter to CIC and ordered a foss notes..and now waiting..
I just want to know there may be people in a similar situation?
and can I apply a multy entry visa ..if the waiting time has increased significantly.. someone who has the experience???
Sorry to hear about your file transfer. They need clarification or interview. Calgary seems to be one of the busiest local office and it may take a while to hear from them again. It's good that you ordered foss notes, if you find out what they need to clarify you can send them additional proof. Some people here were approved AIP without interview after they sent more proof. You cannot apply for a visitor visa as your status has expired. It is advised you do not leave Canada till the application is complete. Do you have any idea why your file was transferred?

nata

Jan 21, 2012
jenny12345 said:
Sorry to hear about your file transfer. They need clarification or interview. Calgary seems to be one of the busiest local office and it may take a while to hear from them again. It's good that you ordered foss notes, if you find out what they need to clarify you can send them additional proof. Some people here were approved AIP without interview after they sent more proof. You cannot apply for a visitor visa as your status has expired. It is advised you do not leave Canada till the application is complete. Do you have any idea why your file was transferred?
Hi, yes we have a few ideas why our file was transferred to the local office ... I think that all the non-standard cases .. was previously married and has children from a previous marriage or already sponsored someone else and ect.. all these things probably transferred to the local office .. hopefully that FOSS notes will show us something and we understand the situation and what to do next .. We have been married for a year and lived together in Canada before applying for sponsorship and we have a child, but unfortunately this is not strong evidence for CIC.. we will wait..
frustrating ... that I can not work and I have no medical insurance and ability to obtain a driver's license..
registry said me that I need a visitor visa to get an Alberta Health Card.. so I need to apply to extend my visitor visa...

jillplay

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
nata said:
Hi, yes we have a few ideas why our file was transferred to the local office ... I think that all the non-standard cases .. was previously married and has children from a previous marriage or already sponsored someone else and ect.. all these things probably transferred to the local office .. hopefully that FOSS notes will show us something and we understand the situation and what to do next .. We have been married for a year and lived together in Canada before applying for sponsorship and we have a child, but unfortunately this is not strong evidence for CIC.. we will wait..
frustrating ... that I can not work and I have no medical insurance and ability to obtain a driver's license..
registry said me that I need a visitor visa to get an Alberta Health Card.. so I need to apply to extend my visitor visa...
My husband has a drivers Licence and he was out of status for 3 years. In Ontario, it wasn't a problem.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
nata said:
Sorry to read ur story, from wht I have read so far ur husband is the sponsor. Did he ever sponsor some else b4 now and if he was married b4 or u did u send in document of divorce with ur application! Ur foss note will sure give u an idea of what's going on.

bibace

Star Member
Oct 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
AOR Received.
30-10-2012
File Transfer...
aip 08-01-2013
Med's Request
med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
HME said:
which office did you go to? Yonge-sheppard? and did they say u will have 90 days waiting period or its effective immediately?
yes that office

actually I am eligible yes after 3 months after AIP and that is next month because i applied 2m after I've got the aip.
good luck

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jillplay said:
So further to my frustrating in getting my husbands health card application started, first thing this morning I called CIC and an agent advisd me that they DO NOT MAIL out the AIP letters anymore, they are EMAILED only ( hence, the reason it was and can't be signed/dated/stamped by the officer ).

So I called Service Ontario, who advised me they don't understand why the lady refused it with the documents I had; then told me that it is their policy that it needs to be signed/dated/stamped so why doesn't CIC change the way they send the letters out. I advised her that for the last 10 years our government has been pushing us to go GREEN which includes PAPERLESS so why would they ?

I was then told to go see my MPP......

How is it that different offices have different policies ????

I went to the office in Toronto at Islington and Bloor on Saturday with the official CIC stage 1 approval + alll other documents and then some, which was required per their website....

So frustrating.
I had a similar problem with the AIP letter. My problem was that Sask health just didn't see the AIP letter as proof that my wife has an application in Process. I resolved this by sending screenshots of all ecas pages. That might help? Or you could try calling the ministry of health and ask them what they suggest you do in this situation.