med. checks - passed
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
figtoria said:
Sounds like you might just be waiting for your next bring forward date, which is the next time they look at your file.

Do the notes tell you what date that is?
the last date mentioned in the notes is 18th February which is when i actually applied for the notes..

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
Today is exactly 1 year since I sent my application out (over 5 months since I got AIP). I dont really know what is the cause which takes too long. It seems never done and I dont even check my ECas ;((.

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Well this waiting for AIP and not having my hubby working is nerve wracking. I informed the CCTB people about our marriage in Nov. and now my benefits are on hold (maybe 2 Months they said) until they can process a tax number for him. When I called The tax people they just said to send a letter saying we were married in Nov. and give them 3 years of world income. We did that and then in Feb got a letter saying they could not process my CCTB without a TTN for him and to send a copy of his passport. Done.When I called today they said could be another couple months before they can calculate it even though he has no income. The rent will sure be tight without it. I have 2 kids. This whole process is getting me down.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meowmeow said:
Today is exactly 1 year since I sent my application out (over 5 months since I got AIP). I dont really know what is the cause which takes too long. It seems never done and I dont even check my ECas ;((.
MEOWMEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Xin chào bé mèo. Rất tốt để đáp ứng bạn một lần nữa.Tôi hy vọng bạn nhận được DM nhanh chóng.meow, hy vọng gia đình bạn đang ở trong tình trạng sức khỏe tốt. Hãy chăm sóc

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
wolanila said:
MEOWMEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Xin chào bé mèo. Rất tốt để đáp ứng bạn một lần nữa.Tôi hy vọng bạn nhận được DM nhanh chóng.meow, hy vọng gia đình bạn đang ở trong tình trạng sức khỏe tốt. Hãy chăm sóc
Woohhh....how nice you are, just want to give u a big hug right now for those Vietnamese words. I hope you can get in the program that you love soon, and ur wife get PR very very soonnnnn

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Nigea said:
Well this waiting for AIP and not having my hubby working is nerve wracking. I informed the CCTB people about our marriage in Nov. and now my benefits are on hold (maybe 2 Months they said) until they can process a tax number for him. When I called The tax people they just said to send a letter saying we were married in Nov. and give them 3 years of world income. We did that and then in Feb got a letter saying they could not process my CCTB without a TTN for him and to send a copy of his passport. Done.When I called today they said could be another couple months before they can calculate it even though he has no income. The rent will sure be tight without it. I have 2 kids. This whole process is getting me down.
Hi, my husband as well had his benefits on hold because I didn't have and couldn't get a SIN, so they advised to send a letter applying for a TTN. All child benefits were on hold but as soon as I got the TTN and send to Them together with my 3 years world income they sent the Whole amount all in once. For the TTN took around 2 months and for the CCTB payment also around 2 months.
Hope that helps and good luck!

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
canham2012 said:
Hi everyone,

Anyone with paper application of Open work permit, received their work permit recently?
Hi,

Just received my OWP today. ;D

I applied after AIP onLine on January 28th.

Good luck.

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Rusty53 said:
I have entered the info into the spreadsheet. I am waiting for my work permit and hoping it is very soon. Can you please tell me when you applied for the work permit and if you did it online or paper copy. Congrats!
Hi,

I applied for OWP online on January 28th and received TODAY!!!!!! ;D

Good luck!

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Robotic said:
How do I knw if your exempt frm an interview? Do they let u knw or surprise u with a decsion made?
Just by looking at the spreadsheet and when you got your AIP I am guessing you are long past the interview stage.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
misscanada said:
Hi,

Just received my OWP today. ;D

I applied after AIP onLine on January 28th.

Good luck.
I updated the spreadsheet for you. Congratulations. I still have my fingers crossed mine will come soon.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Hey guys, can someone tell me if this is good or bad???

My husband rec'd a letter today from CIC saying:
This letter refers to your application for PR under the Spousal or Common-law Partner in Canada Class.
This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the CIC in London for further assessment. The CIC may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete, that office will notify you by mail of their decision.

Just so you know, we rec'd AIP in September so I am hoping that this is a good thing...
TIA

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CheshireCats said:
Hey guys, can someone tell me if this is good or bad???

My husband rec'd a letter today from CIC saying:
This letter refers to your application for PR under the Spousal or Common-law Partner in Canada Class.
This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the CIC in London for further assessment. The CIC may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing is complete, that office will notify you by mail of their decision.

Just so you know, we rec'd AIP in September so I am hoping that this is a good thing...
TIA
No, that's not ever supposed to happen.

Applications for permanent residence made in Canada cannot be converted into applications for a
permanent resident visa made outside Canada. Applications that begin in Canada cannot be
transferred to visa offices outside Canada.
Source: OP 24 "Overseas Processing of Family Members of in-Canada Applicants for Permanent Residence" (emphasis added)

The only time they use an overseas office is for dependent children not in Canada - but they don't transfer the applicant's file to the foreign office.

I'd strongly suggest ordering a copy of your GCMS notes.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
computergeek said:
No, that's not ever supposed to happen.

Source: OP 24 "Overseas Processing of Family Members of in-Canada Applicants for Permanent Residence" (emphasis added)

The only time they use an overseas office is for dependent children not in Canada - but they don't transfer the applicant's file to the foreign office.

I'd strongly suggest ordering a copy of your GCMS notes.
I should have been more specific...the Canadian Immigration Centre London office (I originally thought England) but there is a London Ontario office...45 minutes from here...

Edited to add...there is a child involved but my husbands ex would not give him the medical so we sent a letter saying that we know the consequences etc...
I'm really worrying :(