+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Andrea2013 said:
Thank you so much @ Misscanada!

So from your reply I understand that you did tell them that you applied for PR?
What does AOR and AIP mean? I am very new at this, we never considered moving from my country until 2 months ago and I am fairly lost.
What are the documents that they might ask me for?

Thanks again @ Darwinwap!
Since my relationship can be proved over and over, I am hoping not to need and interview. In case I apply from outside Canada, but am staying with our kids in Canada, where will I be required to do my medical exams?

Thanks everyone for your fast answers! wish I had found this forum earlier!!!
Sorry for the late reply. Had some family health issues but now they are better.
I did said that I was applying for PR and I showed them first time the AOR, the email or letter that CiC send you that they had received your application. And the other times AIP, the email or letter that CIC sends you that the sponsor meets the requirements to apply for PR.
I did not need to include them in my application since there are already Canadian Citizens.

Best of luck,

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Andrea2013 said:
@ VanSquirrel - thanks for the helpful signature. It is awesome to be able to get answers.

@ MissCanada - in the 5 times you went back to Canada did the immigration officers ask you about your application for PR? Did you tell them before they asked? or did you just got in as a visitor?

You are all super generous, as I realize I should be in a 2013 forum thread and not here, since we will apply next month only.

Wish you all the best of luck.

Hi, usually it's their first question.
Where do you live? In Toronto.
What is your status in Canada? I am applying for my PR.
Do you any documents? Than the first time only had the email from CIC stating that they had received my application. The other times I already had AIP, the email that says that you meet the requirements to apply for PR.
All this time had my multiple entry visitor visa.

Also didn't do medical for the kids since they are Canadian Citizens and didn't need to be sponsor.

Hope that helps.

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
canham2012 said:
Hi Sunsun,

No you can apply OHIP after AIP in ontario. I had applied in december and received today..
Actually they will give you OHIP coverage starting on 3 months after the date you received AIP.

Andrea2013

Feb 20, 2013
@ MissCanada

A thousand thanks for your reply. It is wonderful to hear from someone that has a very similar situation to mine, and better yet, to know that the process is going smoothly! Hope the health issues in your family are solved by now!

Good luck and thanks again.

misscanada

Oct 28, 2012
Andrea2013 said:
@ MissCanada

A thousand thanks for your reply. It is wonderful to hear from someone that has a very similar situation to mine, and better yet, to know that the process is going smoothly! Hope the health issues in your family are solved by now!

Good luck and thanks again.

You are welcome. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any doubts.

In case you are applying for OWP (Open Work Permit) send it together with your application for PR. Since they usually give 6 months stay with the visitor visa and the process takes longer than that.
I didn't with mine so I could only apply for after AIP and it takes around 60 days more.

Take care and all the best.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
So out of disbelief my friend called back CIC and they told him yes he's been approved to immigrate to Canada and the last step is for his landing interview to be held in Etobicoke. The agent told him there's like a 4-6 week waiting period for that office. His entire application was done in just 5 months

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
I just recieved a letter by email saying my application has been processed and Scarborough office will be in contact for landing :) woo hoo :)

Anybody any idea how long that takes and what documents I need? I know I'll get a letter confirming, just excited :)

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
kennystewart80 said:
I just recieved a letter by email saying my application has been processed and Scarborough office will be in contact for landing :) woo hoo :)

Anybody any idea how long that takes and what documents I need? I know I'll get a letter confirming, just excited :)
Hooray !!! so many people getting DM.. great :D

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
kennystewart80 said:

Hi Kenny, You had applied on May 4 and I had applied on June 4. Its exciting. Hope I get that good news fast :)

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Canham2012 I'm glad my news is maybe good for you too :) crossing my fingers for you :)

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
jiggyzealous said:
So out of disbelief my friend called back CIC and they told him yes he's been approved to immigrate to Canada and the last step is for his landing interview to be held in Etobicoke. The agent told him there's like a 4-6 week waiting period for that office. His entire application was done in just 5 months
Wow!-5 months?it just goes to show it can be done in the shortest amount of time possible!!!-Then why oh why do they make people wait for so long even when their case is so straight forward?-Here is to hoping that we all get some progress on ours soon!!!!!

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kennystewart80 said:

Congrats Kennystewart80. I have updated the spreadsheet for you. Wow this is amazing you and Teatree are right next to each other on the spreadsheet and 2 DM's I hope they keep going. Please let us know as soon as you get your landing date. Right now the average on the spreadsheet for landing is 38 days. Good Luck.

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Rusty53 said:
Congrats Kennystewart80. I have updated the spreadsheet for you. Wow this is amazing you and Teatree are right next to each other on the spreadsheet and 2 DM's I hope they keep going. Please let us know as soon as you get your landing date. Right now the average on the spreadsheet for landing is 38 days. Good Luck.
Thanks Rusty53, what does that mean 38 days to landing? Is that from now or the letter from Scarborough advising of my appointment? Also, do you or anybody else know what docs they ask for? Just passport I assume?

I couldn't believe it when I got the email, an amazing way to start the day :)

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Argh. So our medical results will expire about now. We're only 1.5 months after AIP. Will they automatically give us a 3 month extension, or should we just redo them?