AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
You can pay the fee whenever you like. Just keep up with the receipt for when the VO asks about it.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
thank's, what VO???

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
sounion said:
OWP doesn't grant you the ability to leave the country, no. It actually says that on it. If you do leave, your implied status that covers you from your AIP is revoked and you will go back onto visitor status which will need to be extended while your PR is in process. Again, you might be able to leave and come back just fine, but they will need to issue you a visitors visa for 6 months once you come back. And of course they can always deny you re-entry. Honestly, the PR limbo BLOWS.

Are you American by chance (not sure due to the flag on your avatar)? I've heard it's easier to travel when you are from a visa exempt country. Sorry if this reply dampens your spirits. Not my intention.
Sounion,

I'm German, so also visa-exempt, and I've never had any issues re-entering the country on study permits/temp. work permits etc. I may just apply for a new visitors visa before I leave just to be sure I can come back in. I would be incredibly frustrated to get so far in the sponsorship process and "lose" it. :)

Screech - I'm in Toronto, why?

germanywing

Oct 29, 2013
screech339 said:
Usually the applicant get an AIP email same time as the sponsor. However I am afraid you may be on the hook for delivery cost anyway. With the AIP letter even if you had it, and you applied today, you will not qualify for health coverage until 3 months from today's date. So unless the baby doesn't come out until you are 3 month overdue, I think you are expected to cover the bill.

Screech339
Dear Screech339, thank u very much for your prompt reply. My husband and I have asked the health insurance bureau (RAMQ)in montreal. There is an exception for pregnant women in Quebec. We could get the health coverage for pregnancy immediately after I apply. We dont need to wait the 3 months. That is why, my husband and I decided to give birth in Canada. Because we really believed that we can get the AIP Email before the due date. :'( :mad: Now I feel really frustrated and dont know how to handle this situation? When CIC doesn't issue my AIP.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
RebeccaF said:
Sounion,

I'm German, so also visa-exempt, and I've never had any issues re-entering the country on study permits/temp. work permits etc. I may just apply for a new visitors visa before I leave just to be sure I can come back in. I would be incredibly frustrated to get so far in the sponsorship process and "lose" it. :)

Screech - I'm in Toronto, why?
exactly if you don't need the visa its it is easier to re-entering

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
screech339 said:
Congrats to canadaeh1234 and yvr1234 on their landing today both in the same offfice. It would be funny if they instead run into each other at the office.
Congrats to them becoming PR.

Screech339
Thank you!! The landing process was longer than I thought. The whole 1 pm appointment group (so many ppl... that all the chair in the waiting area were filled) got directed to a presentation area (I think it's also used for citizenship ceremony). There were two presentations (one about being a permanent resident and one info session about free classes and help).
That took almost 45 min. The presenter also inspected everyone's photo to make sure they are of the right standard.

Then, we were back to the waiting area and names were called to go to "windows" (similar to passport application) to get the 3 questions, signatures and getting the landing paper. We waited about 45 min before my hubby's name was called.

:)

YEAH! It's done. Now we just need to wait for the PR card. SO we can't get the new SIN util PR card? That's what we've been told today.

I don't know if canadaeh1234 was there... :p

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
yvr1234 said:
Thank you!! The landing process was longer than I thought. The whole 1 pm appointment group (so many ppl... that all the chair in the waiting area were filled) got directed to a presentation area (I think it's also used for citizenship ceremony). There were two presentations (one about being a permanent resident and one info session about free classes and help).
That took almost 45 min. The presenter also inspected everyone's photo to make sure they are of the right standard.

Then, we were back to the waiting area and names were called to go to "windows" (similar to passport application) to get the 3 questions, signatures and getting the landing paper. We waited about 45 min before my hubby's name was called.

YEAH! It's done. Now we just need to wait for the PR card. SO we can't get the new SIN util PR card? That's what we've been told today.

Congrats on officially landing yvr!! :)
Quick question. what "3 questions" are you talking about?

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
RebeccaF said:
Congrats on officially landing yvr!! :)
Quick question. what "3 questions" are you talking about?
it's been around the forum. this is not the exact wording... but just the idea:
1) did u commit any crime
2) are u still married to you sponsor
3) have you ever been deported (freak me out when my hubby hesitated on this question. He was just not sure why/what they ask this... he never did any homework and... man! I was more nervous than he was thro the process... )

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
yvr1234 said:
it's been around the forum. this is not the exact wording... but just the idea:
1) did u commit any crime
2) are u still married to you sponsor
3) have you ever been deported (freak me out when my hubby hesitated on this question. He was just not sure why/what they ask this... he never did any homework and... man! I was more nervous than he was thro the process... )
Ah! LOL way to go hubby hesitating at all the wrong questions ;) thanks for the clarification yvr.
Hope the papers come soon so you can get that new SIN (one that doesn't start with 9!!) :)

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Hi everyone, I landed already last Oct. 28, at 10 am. Only few people were there and so far, it was very smooth.

Interviewer just asked me if i have committed a crime, thats it.. no other questions..

Thanks to everyone who guided me here.

Now waiting for PR card.:)

yadi

Mar 17, 2013
yvr1234 said:

Congrats yvr123 finally got your PR after long wait after DM, i can imagine how nervous you were.
I get the new SIN with the COPR paper, no need to wait for PR card.
Just go and apply for the new SIN, don't forget to bring your passport and your hubby. you can apply for OHIP as well.
As we successfully applied for Alberta health card and new SIN in Edmonton here.

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
germanywing said:
HI, guys, i am so glad to find this forum and congratulate everyone with good news :) :). But recently i was totally under stress. After 11 months waiting time my husband finally got the following email from CIC on last Sunday:

" You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly........... "

As i learned in our forum, i should receive another email as well. But two days passed, i didn"t hear any news form CIC. Is it normal? Yesterday i called CIC call center four times. I was told that my application for the first stage was done. Now my application will move to the next stage. It is very normal that only my husband is able to receive the confirmation"s email. ??? ???

Now i really don"t know, how to handle this situation?? I am already pregnant for 9 month and my due date is in the next month. Without the AIP letter which is addressed to me i can not apply for the health insurance in Montreal. Does anyone have the same problem like me? Any advice would be appreciated.....sign...
A friend of mine does not have health coverage but she gave birth at home using a midwive and it was free

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
congrats :D
yvr1234 said:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
yadi said:
Congrats yvr123 finally got your PR after long wait after DM, i can imagine how nervous you were.
I get the new SIN with the COPR paper, no need to wait for PR card.
Just go and apply for the new SIN, don't forget to bring your passport and your hubby. you can apply for OHIP as well.
As we successfully applied for Alberta health card and new SIN in Edmonton here.
Unfortunately you can only use your COPR if your PR applicantion was done outland. If it was done inland, Canada Service will not accept COPR for SIN. It is rather unfair that not only you wait up to 12-18 months, you have to wait another 2 months before you can start legally work. While outland get faster processing time and get SIN when they land.

So unless there is a SIN processing booth at the local CIC office when you land, you will have to wait for PR card to apply for SIN.

Screech339