Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
sounion said:
okay so this is the manitoba health form.

do i just attach copies of my AIP and DM to it?

called them. i need to either apply under my OWP while I wait for my PR card, or apply once I have the PR card in hand. once I have that, I can apply and be approved on the spot if i go into their offices.
Can you apply for coverage under your OWP even before you have a job? And if so, coverage begins immediately? I'm also in Manitoba, so this will be good for me to know (in a few months)!

Just out of curiosity, what have you chosen to do? Apply under your OWP or wait until your card arrives?

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
screech339 said:
According to manitoba health website, you get coverage 3 months after you arrive. So you would not get coverage on day of applying. You would get coverage 3 months after your landing date. Unfortunately, manitoba health only accept PR card and/or OWP. AIP or DM letter do not qualify.

Screech339
Yeah, I found that out when I called. Thankfully, MY OWP ARRIVED IN THE MAIL TODAY! !!! HUZZAH!

They also will retroactively cover you the month prior to receiving your work permit, so that's pretty nice. Thanks for checking into things screech, +1 for you!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sounion said:
Yeah, I found that out when I called. Thankfully, MY OWP ARRIVED IN THE MAIL TODAY! !!! HUZZAH!

They also will retroactively cover you the month prior to receiving your work permit, so that's pretty nice. Thanks for checking into things screech, +1 for you!
Thanks for the update on your OWP. Now I can update timesheet.

And thanks for the +1

Screech339

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
sounion said:

Sorry, I'm just butting in to your conversation with Screech! What do you mean by 'retroactively cover you'? Perhaps a silly questions, but this is all a foreign language to me!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
JLynn1987 said:
Sorry, I'm just butting in to your conversation with Screech! What do you mean by 'retroactively cover you'? Perhaps a silly questions, but this is all a foreign language to me!
I think what she meant is that manitoba health will start 1 month before your OWP visa date. I think that is what she meant.

Screech339

JLynn1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
screech339 said:
I think what she meant is that manitoba health will start 1 month before your OWP visa date. I think that is what she meant.

Screech339
Are OWPs not dated for the day they are approved? Is there a waiting period between when you receive your OWP and when it is valid?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
JLynn1987 said:
Are OWPs not dated for the day they are approved? Is there a waiting period between when you receive your OWP and when it is valid?
I would have thought you get coverage 3 months after OWP date. Not sure where sounion get the 1 month retroactive coverage. I would like to be enlighted by this info.

Screech339

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I am going completely bonkers here ...

We have a stupid stupid consultant (who is obviously an authorized representative), and now I am sitting here wondering if they are about useless and if they even know how to do their job ...

My hubby, as much as I love him, does NOT understand how I feel just sitting and waiting and waiting ...

I called the consultant a few weeks ago because I got my passport renewed, now with my married name and wanted to figure out what I should do next, do I snail mail it, so on and so forth, you folks may remember me asking that ...

Anyway, the woman's response from there: "Oh you should go ahead and find the address and mail them a copy of your new passport" .. I was like, wait, isn't that what we payed you fine folks for? but whatever, I took care of it myself, and in the process wanted to revoke their authorization, and hubby said don't bother ...

I know I am rambling here, but I just don't trust those folks. What if they haven't been doing their job all along and now an error will crop up with my application that I don't even know about?

I'm pessimistic, I know, I just can't get past the whole, you should mail them a copy, blah blah blah LOL It just does not inspire confidence ... *shrugs*

Hubby says I should just try to relax, but it's so hard to let it go when I see others on my same day getting what I really want to see too! LOL

I am happy for them, very very happy, but now I want my own happy ending :D

****end rant

sorry guys, just had to get it out, someone understands me here :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Alurra71 said:
I am going completely bonkers here ...

We have a stupid stupid consultant (who is obviously an authorized representative), and now I am sitting here wondering if they are about useless and if they even know how to do their job ...

My hubby, as much as I love him, does NOT understand how I feel just sitting and waiting and waiting ...

I called the consultant a few weeks ago because I got my passport renewed, now with my married name and wanted to figure out what I should do next, do I snail mail it, so on and so forth, you folks may remember me asking that ...

Anyway, the woman's response from there: "Oh you should go ahead and find the address and mail them a copy of your new passport" .. I was like, wait, isn't that what we payed you fine folks for? but whatever, I took care of it myself, and in the process wanted to revoke their authorization, and hubby said don't bother ...

I know I am rambling here, but I just don't trust those folks. What if they haven't been doing their job all along and now an error will crop up with my application that I don't even know about?

I'm pessimistic, I know, I just can't get past the whole, you should mail them a copy, blah blah blah LOL It just does not inspire confidence ... *shrugs*

Hubby says I should just try to relax, but it's so hard to let it go when I see others on my same day getting what I really want to see too! LOL

I am happy for them, very very happy, but now I want my own happy ending :D

****end rant

sorry guys, just had to get it out, someone understands me here :D
Ha ha ha. Nice Rant there. Don't blame ya one bit.

Screech339

germanywing

Oct 29, 2013
HI, guys, i am so glad to find this forum and congratulate everyone with good news :) :). But recently i was totally under stress. After 11 months waiting time my husband finally got the following email from CIC on last Sunday:

" You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly........... "

As i learned in our forum, i should receive another email as well. But two days passed, i didn"t hear any news form CIC. Is it normal? Yesterday i called CIC call center four times. I was told that my application for the first stage was done. Now my application will move to the next stage. It is very normal that only my husband is able to receive the confirmation"s email. ??? ???

Now i really don"t know, how to handle this situation?? I am already pregnant for 9 month and my due date is in the next month. Without the AIP letter which is addressed to me i can not apply for the health insurance in Montreal. Does anyone have the same problem like me? Any advice would be appreciated.....sign...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
germanywing said:
HI, guys, i am so glad to find this forum and congratulate everyone with good news :) :). But recently i was totally under stress. After 11 months waiting time my husband finally got the following email from CIC on last Sunday:

" You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly........... "

As i learned in our forum, i should receive another email as well. But two days passed, i didn"t hear any news form CIC. Is it normal? Yesterday i called CIC call center four times. I was told that my application for the first stage was done. Now my application will move to the next stage. It is very normal that only my husband is able to receive the confirmation"s email. ??? ???

Now i really don"t know, how to handle this situation?? I am already pregnant for 9 month and my due date is in the next month. Without the AIP letter which is addressed to me i can not apply for the health insurance in Montreal. Does anyone have the same problem like me? Any advice would be appreciated.....sign...
Usually the applicant get an AIP email same time as the sponsor. However I am afraid you may be on the hook for delivery cost anyway. With the AIP letter even if you had it, and you applied today, you will not qualify for health coverage until 3 months from today's date. So unless the baby doesn't come out until you are 3 month overdue, I think you are expected to cover the bill.

Screech339

CanadaNJ

Jun 9, 2013
Hey guys!
So, I'm actually a 2013 applicant and my AOR was received May 3rd and with how quickly things are moving and people are getting DM with their AIP, or shortly after, I'm wanting to figure out a way to obtain my UCI.

The AOR email I received only had my wife's UCI in it but on my second visit here, I received a visitor record so I do know that I have a UCI out there. I didn't submit my medical with my application because money was tight around that time and I didn't want to have to pay for it twice (have it expire). I'm wondering if it would make sense for me to call CIC and get my UCI that way so that I can then go get my medical done and it can be submitted so I can hopefully get lucky and get DM pretty close after AIP, if not with.

We all know how calling CIC is so I figured I'd ask opinions of people here beforehand because if I can avoid calling CIC for nothing, I would prefer to.

Thanks!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
CanadaNJ said:
Hey guys!
So, I'm actually a 2013 applicant and my AOR was received May 3rd and with how quickly things are moving and people are getting DM with their AIP, or shortly after, I'm wanting to figure out a way to obtain my UCI.

The AOR email I received only had my wife's UCI in it but on my second visit here, I received a visitor record so I do know that I have a UCI out there. I didn't submit my medical with my application because money was tight around that time and I didn't want to have to pay for it twice (have it expire). I'm wondering if it would make sense for me to call CIC and get my UCI that way so that I can then go get my medical done and it can be submitted so I can hopefully get lucky and get DM pretty close after AIP, if not with.

We all know how calling CIC is so I figured I'd ask opinions of people here beforehand because if I can avoid calling CIC for nothing, I would prefer to.

Thanks!
Your UCI is located on your visitor record in the box marked Client ID

CanadaNJ

Jun 9, 2013
I don't have my visitor record, the last time I visited and had to go into secondary questioning, the officer I spoke to took it out of my passport and didn't give me another. I never wrote down the number either.

mimssimo

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
07-08-2013
Passport Req..
NO
LANDED..........
13-March -2014
I don't pay fees RP 490, I have to wait or can I pay in advance?

filed ......05-05-2013

received .....21-05 -2013

CSQ received ......04/07/2013

wait .........