14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
thnx for the info :D. What does it mean by:
Such letters must be dated prior to the enrolment count date and presented prior to the enrolment report due date.

What does the terms "enrolment count date and enrolment due date" mean in this context?

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
guri3577 said:
@ boredhousewife can you tell me from where you getting this information coz if its true that will be really awesome.

P.S. I just saw you said when you find it you will link it sorry got toooooo excited ;D
Oh no, for some reason i thought you were in Ontario. Im not sure if the same applies in your province. I hope so.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Hi, it actually depends on which school and province like here in Vancouver its differet.

International Student to Permanent Resident Status
If an international student becomes a Permanent Resident on or before the Tuition Fee Payment Due Dates of the term, domestic tuition fees will be assessed for that term.

If an international student becomes a Permanent Resident after the Tuition Fee Payment Due Dates for a current term, international tuition fees will be assessed for that current term and domestic fees will be assessed for subsequent terms.

Please Note: Permanent Resident status is attained as of the "Landed on" date, indicated on the Record of Landing, not the "Date Issued."

For students who have been given a fee deferment, the tuition fee Payment Due Dates still pertain as the deadline to become a Permanent Resident.

**this is from UBC

boredhousewife said:
Hey, I can't find the statute itself but each school's website will have this information available under international school fees. Below is info from University of Waterloo

Study Permits

The Ontario Government has established a policy of higher tuition fees for international students studying in Ontario on Study Permits. The policy came into effect as of January 1, 1977 and was revised in June 1996. Beginning with the 1996/97 academic year, the higher fees apply to all students, except for those who qualify for exemption under one of the following categories:

A citizen of Canada within the meaning of the Citizenship Act, or a person registered as an Indian1 within the meaning of the Indian Act;
a person who is the dependent2 of a Canadian citizen.
A Permanent Resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:
a person who is the dependent2 of a permanent resident of Canada.
a person who has been granted "permanent resident" status and has not had that status revoked; or
a person who has been approved “in principle” for permanent resident status in Canada. Evidence of this is a letter which confirms that Citizenship and Immigration Canada has determined that he/she is eligible for immigration to Canada or meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in Canada. Such letters must be dated prior to the enrolment count date and presented prior to the enrolment report due date (Winter - February 1, Spring - June 30, Fall - November 1).

there are other categories but i only posted the ones applicable to us.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
thnx guys and i am from Vancouver. So, lets say i land on March 20,2014 and my fee due date is also March 20,2014. I will be assessed domestic rate for UBC.Is that correct?

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
guri3577 said:
thnx guys and i am from Vancouver. So, lets say i land on March 20,2014 and my fee due date is also March 20,2014. I will be assessed domestic rate for UBC.Is that correct?
I believe so. I too am going to UBC this winter. I am just waiting for my landing date because I don't have an outstanding study permit. DM was issued April 9 but until now. No news yet. Even contacted MP today, no response yet.

I am very worried.

boredhousewife

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-04-2012
IELTS Request
AIP: 10-09-2012
File Transfer...
DM: 06-26-13
LANDED..........
08-14-13
canadaeh1234 said:
I believe so. I too am going to UBC this winter. I am just waiting for my landing date because I don't have an outstanding study permit. DM was issued April 9 but until now. No news yet. Even contacted MP today, no response yet.

I am very worried.
I noticed that the UBC excerpt you posted said nothing about the entitlement of dependents on Canadian citizens and Permanent residents. If you're not sure about it, you should find out if that status confers entitlement to domestic fees.

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
how long has CIC been stuck on Oct 8 exactly? is it 7 or 8 weeks?

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
sounion said:
how long has CIC been stuck on Oct 8 exactly? is it 7 or 8 weeks?
10 weeks. :(

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
boredhousewife said:
I noticed that the UBC excerpt you posted said nothing about the entitlement of dependents on Canadian citizens and Permanent residents. If you're not sure about it, you should find out if that status confers entitlement to domestic fees.
Yes it is an excerpt from UBC website. I have searched about that too, but I couldn't find any from the website. The way I understand it, this excerpt is about the tuition fee at the same time explains that UBC wouldn't change your student status as long as you have landed. They don't base it on AIP. Because I have asked about it from the school too. They told me that if I get my landing document already, I should send them a copy so they can change the tuition fees back to domestic from international. As long as it is before the due date. So in my case, that would be September 4, 2013 for Winter Session Term 1.

In case you want to ask if you can apply to UBC without a permanent resident status. Yes you can, that's what I did. It's just that you have to tell admissions that you have a permanent resident application in process and they will tell you to wait for it if you don't want to pay international fees. As for Student Visa, you will remain international as long as you have not landed.

Like for me, If i really want to study this september and I dont have my COPR yet, I have to apply for student visa because I came as a Visitor Visa. No implied Status as PR when going to school. I have asked so SFU, Kwantlen and BCIT about it too.

International Student to Permanent Resident Status
If an international student becomes a Permanent Resident on or before the Tuition Fee Payment Due Dates of the term, domestic tuition fees will be assessed for that term.

If an international student becomes a Permanent Resident after the Tuition Fee Payment Due Dates for a current term, international tuition fees will be assessed for that current term and domestic fees will be assessed for subsequent terms.

Please Note: Permanent Resident status is attained as of the "Landed on" date, indicated on the Record of Landing, not the "Date Issued."

For students who have been given a fee deferment, the tuition fee Payment Due Dates still pertain as the deadline to become a Permanent Resident.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Something is very wrong! 10 weeks working on October 8 applications. There are 23 days left in October. The stupid excuse is that they got a lot of TRP for the summer

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Tomorisu said:
10 weeks. :(
But hey, who's counting?!? Right?!?!? GAH!!!!!! :eek: I was so disheartened to see the Oct 8 date remain for yet another week. Hubby doesn't understand, "Quit looking at that website, you're gonna drive yourself nuts!" But I can't help but looking, hoping for SOME sign of progress.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QuebecOkie said:
But hey, who's counting?!? Right?!?!? GAH!!!!!! :eek: I was so disheartened to see the Oct 8 date remain for yet another week. Hubby doesn't understand, "Quit looking at that website, you're gonna drive yourself nuts!" But I can't help but looking, hoping for SOME sign of progress.
It's not the worst advice ever.

I have to admit, when I got down waiting back in late April/early May, I gave up checking the CIC websites AND even gave up logging on here.

It helped me stop obsessing and just get on with life. Time went much faster.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I'm not *technically* supposed to be checking this forum, either, haha! He's right. Me stressing solves nothing. It'll be a bit easier to ignore the immigration elephant in my living room once he's home again. SUNDAY...

Nahmed

Star Member
Aug 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2012
AOR Received.
20-07-2012
File Transfer...
05-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
screech339 said:
Congrats Nahmed on getting your DM. Where are you landing? Etobicoke or Scarbrough?
What country are you coming from?

Screech339
Thanks mate
Landing office Etobicoke and coming from Pakistan.
But I lived all my life in gulf and UK, so I was shocked that the whole security clearance thing got over so soon....

So thankful....

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
boredhousewife said:
T

thank u guys for sharing these very informative information and with proof. now i can just bring that post that borehousewife posted to d university. congrats to all those who received good news. better news coming next week to others waiting.i proclaim it in Jesus name