AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Today makes a year we got married and we are on our way to church; and back home for celebration. Sorry you guys can't be a part if it.

@Mrembo
I've proven Him over and over again and He's gonna come thru once more. When the crowsin the sky are hungry He lets an animal die so they can be fed

Nigea

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2012
AOR Received.
29/01/2013
File Transfer...
DM Oct. 31
Med's Done....
23/11/2012
LANDED..........
10/12/2013
Happy Anniversary :) :) :) :)

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Happy anniversary, Jiggy

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrembo said:
Hi,you'll actually find there's a lot of applicants in your husband's situation,I for instance have been out of status for over 10 years and just applied for sponsorship five months ago!!-yes you have to include(claim) him while doing your taxes even if he's not working,where is he from?how did he come to Canada originally?....Depending on where you live they might have a place where you can get help and advise about the application process i.e how to fill out the paper work e.t.c....take a few breaths,you'll figure it out one way or the other ;)
He is from the U.S., he came here so we could meet in person after talking everyday (sometimes all day) for 5 months. Once here the connection was as strong as it was when he was not here, stronger actually. We are in Calgary, AB...does anyone know of any places here that can help? We really cannot afford a lawyer (man they are expensive)?

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jiggyzealous said:
Hey there
Just to tell you that while being out of status is an immigration misdemeanor, there's a public policy regulation that give the out of status person to apply for status underneath the spousal class so as long as he came to Canada legally when he entered. I was out of status about five months when we filed our application. CIC is more interested in the genuineness of your relationship. You don't need a lawyer if your case is straightforward: that is no criminal history, no medical or security issues, if there's no previous marriages or sponsorships or children outside the relationship you can successfully file your application yourself
Ok now I am a bit worried. I believed it was very straight forward.... I was married once before, divorced 4 years ago. My hubby and I got married 2years ago this September. But he also has a D.U.I. from 5 years ago in the U.S. but has never had any other charges. There is no other issues. Is this going to be a problem?

silver_oaks

Apr 19, 2013
canamconnect said:
Ok now I am a bit worried. I believed it was very straight forward.... I was married once before, divorced 4 years ago. My hubby and I got married 2years ago this September. But he also has a D.U.I. from 5 years ago in the U.S. but has never had any other charges. There is no other issues. Is this going to be a problem?
DUI might be a problem as CIC will ask you for his/her criminal record once you apply. D.U.I will show up and that would cause problems/delays in your processing. Its always better to get legal advise in situations like these.

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
silver_oaks said:
DUI might be a problem as CIC will ask you for his/her criminal record once you apply. D.U.I will show up and that would cause problems/delays in your processing. Its always better to get legal advise in situations like these.
From the U.S. do they always ask for a state record or just the check from the FBI? Also I think I read somewhere that if it has been 5 years with no new charges he is "deemed rehabilitated". I will enquire with a lawyer (maybe I can get a cheap consultation?). I was just trying to avoid a lawyer as I have seen some horror stories here about prices and/or the lawyer giving the wrong information.

Thanks!

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/video/chinese-journalist-reports-quake-wedding-124445140.html

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Canamconnect

Your situation justifies getting a knowledgeable lawyer
Don't let them take you for a ride though because he's not a terrorist or a thief or a drug lord he will get thru

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
jiggyzealous said:
Today makes a year we got married and we are on our way to church; and back home for celebration. Sorry you guys can't be a part if it.

@ Mrembo
I've proven Him over and over again and He's gonna come thru once more. When the crowsin the sky are hungry He lets an animal die so they can be fed
Happy Anniversay!I hope it was a memorable one :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canamconnect said:
From the U.S. do they always ask for a state record or just the check from the FBI? Also I think I read somewhere that if it has been 5 years with no new charges he is "deemed rehabilitated". I will enquire with a lawyer (maybe I can get a cheap consultation?). I was just trying to avoid a lawyer as I have seen some horror stories here about prices and/or the lawyer giving the wrong information.

Thanks!
Ten years for deemed rehabilitation. Five years before he's eligible to apply for rehabilitation.

sweetsher

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Hi guys
Was just wondering if after I receive my PR, and apply for student loan. Will that affect my sponsor ? Will that be classified as social assistance that he will need to repay?

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Sweetsher

Mississ if that were social assistance then it would be a damn expensive one. That's money that you'll have to repay dear. However, I heard that if ur sponsor makes a lot of money you might not get it