wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erFiodena said:
I totally agree with Karito.

I got my landing date and will be July 24th in Calgary. The process will be completed in about 16 months for me. I has been (and still is) a long wait but I am happy and grateful to be here. The hardest thing for me was waiting for the OWP, I could not stand being at home and not work. But a couple of weeks after I got my OWP I was lucky to find a job and I didn't think too much about the application.

Good luck to everyone, I hope to see more DM on Monday!
It took about about 7 months for AIP and 6.5 months for DM for us. That is a total of 13.5 months to DM. I am very greatful it did not take the full 18 months that were once posted. There are some in 2011 forum who still don't have DM. Needless to say I am very greatful.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CP said:
Wonderful news! I got the DM letter e-mailed to me yesterday, Apr 19 - which also just happens to be my husband's birthday! My birthday is actually on Wednesday of next week - what a wonderful birthday present for both of us!
It looks like I'm waiting for a call from the Hamilton office, too. I wonder how long that'll take. I guess I need to call immigration to find out. :)

I'm so excited! I didn't expect this for a long time. They must really be working their butts off for this.
Hey Awsome another DM..... This is great news. Congratulations CP.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Someone who applied in 2010 just got DM few days ago ..... He/She is more patient than us.. :D
@Jiggy... Go to the Park, shopping,etc...or maybe you can buy a dog :D

@Kriss... I sent you another pm , the last question... Sorry, I am fussy... ;D

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Congratulation,CP....You got DM under 7 months..Wow!!!!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
sunsun said:
Someone who applied in 2010 just got DM few days ago ..... He/She is more patient than us.. :D
@ Jiggy... Go to the Park, shopping,etc...or maybe you can buy a dog :D

@ Kriss... I sent you another pm , the last question... Sorry, I am fussy... ;D
So Sunsun
would you find yourself going to the park each day? That's like a synonym for an idler? And where would you get money from to nshop everyday? You have to be practical bro. Maybe if sponsors start to behave in a disgusting way it will send a message to CIC that they need to do better. Canada needs us more than we need it and our spouses should be treated as such. Besides, you cant practically use another's situation to generalize all others

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Sorry,brother.... I walk from Monday to Sunday 7.2 km/day and Friday 10,4 km just for exercise and relaxing...
The thing is we can't do anything right now, just waiting...

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
sunsun said:
Sorry,brother.... I walk from Monday to Sunday 7.2 km/day and Friday 10,4 km just for exercise and relaxing...
The thing is we can't do anything right now, just waiting...
I walk a lot too because I dont drive and I dont really drive my wife's car if I am going short distances. I even walk to the grocery store and carry the bags by hand ;D :D :D. Last Sunday I made two trips, carrying 4 bags per trip. Yes we cant do anything but wait right now and that's what we are doing. The time will come and I believe that some October people are going to be hearing something next week

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here goes nothing!

So we are about to apply in the next month or so, from what I am seeing here there are very few people even in this thread who have a situation like ours. I am going to be sponsoring my husband who has actually been here out of status for almost 4 years. We met online 5 months before we met and lived together for 2 years before getting married. We know the situation is not ideal. We could not bear to be parted (I know, everyone says that and also some have been parted a long time) but we were both in crappy paying jobs and literally would have had to save for over a year to afford 1 plane ticket.

I digress.

We are terrified of this process and are considering hiring a lawyer to help. For anyone else who is applying inland THAT WAS ALREADY OUT OF STATUS WHEN THEY STARTED, how did you handle things like filing your taxes (specifically the person that is a citizen or PR here). Did you claim your out of status spouse as a dependant with no income?

Any advice or comments are welcome. I already have a migraine and we have barely started.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
canamconnect said:
Here goes nothing!

So we are about to apply in the next month or so, from what I am seeing here there are very few people even in this thread who have a situation like ours. I am going to be sponsoring my husband who has actually been here out of status for almost 4 years. We met online 5 months before we met and lived together for 2 years before getting married. We know the situation is not ideal. We could not bear to be parted (I know, everyone says that and also some have been parted a long time) but we were both in crappy paying jobs and literally would have had to save for over a year to afford 1 plane ticket.

I digress.

We are terrified of this process and are considering hiring a lawyer to help. For anyone else who is applying inland THAT WAS ALREADY OUT OF STATUS WHEN THEY STARTED, how did you handle things like filing your taxes (specifically the person that is a citizen or PR here). Did you claim your out of status spouse as a dependant with no income?

Any advice or comments are welcome. I already have a migraine and we have barely started.
Hi,you'll actually find there's a lot of applicants in your husband's situation,I for instance have been out of status for over 10 years and just applied for sponsorship five months ago!!-yes you have to include(claim) him while doing your taxes even if he's not working,where is he from?how did he come to Canada originally?....Depending on where you live they might have a place where you can get help and advise about the application process i.e how to fill out the paper work e.t.c....take a few breaths,you'll figure it out one way or the other ;)

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
jiggyzealous said:
Guys
Please don't let it seem as if we're being unfairly impatient @ sunsun and karito we are not impatient withoutaa reason. Some folks have to sit down and wait until the entire process is done in order to get a job. Are we impatient?
Jiggy,what is that He is not able to do for us He who has brought us through this process?He will take care of everything like he always does, because there is NOTHING He isn't capable of doing :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Mrembo said:
Hi,you'll actually find there's a lot of applicants in your husband's situation,I for instance have been out of status for over 10 years and just applied for sponsorship five months ago!!-yes you have to include(claim) him while doing your taxes even if he's not working,where is he from?how did he come to Canada originally?....Depending on where you live they might have a place where you can get help and advise about the application process i.e how to fill out the paper work e.t.c....take a few breaths,you'll figure it out one way or the other ;)
Hey there
Just to tell you that while being out of status is an immigration misdemeanor, there's a public policy regulation that give the out of status person to apply for status underneath the spousal class so as long as he came to Canada legally when he entered. I was out of status about five months when we filed our application. CIC is more interested in the genuineness of your relationship. You don't need a lawyer if your case is straightforward: that is no criminal history, no medical or security issues, if there's no previous marriages or sponsorships or children outside the relationship you can successfully file your application yourself

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@Mrembo

Hallelujah!! I send it back to you with power! He's brought me very far and I won't be ungrateful. I thank him everyday with, a little song or a prayer. But you see when AIP comes you'll see. I am believing that yours will come very soon too

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
jiggyzealous said:
@ Mrembo

Hallelujah!! I send it back to you with power! He's brought me very far and I won't be ungrateful. I thank him everyday with, a little song or a prayer. But you see when AIP comes you'll see. I am believing that yours will come very soon too
Amen to that, all things is possible through Him. Amen

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
jiggyzealous said:
@ Mrembo

His timing is always the best!-If he can take care of the squirrels and the rabbits in my back yard in the dead of winter,provide for them through out the season then what about us His own children?I know I'll be rejoicing and dancing when AIP comes! :D

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
nairaboy said:
Amen to that, all things is possible through Him. Amen
:)-Nairaboy,that's the spirit! :)-Positiveness all around:)