tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iluvcanada77 said:
Ecas update:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 14, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on April 20, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

WOW CONGRATS ILUVCANADA77.... THAT'S FIRST STAGE APPROVAL ;D ;D :D :D :D

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi friends,

This is my time line,

I got AIP & OWP on 6th April 2011.
They ask police certificate, I sent & they receive on 30th May 2011.
Not yet second stage approval. Any comments. Thanks.

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I think people are missing the point here. iluvcanada77 and Mark_Anna aren't posting about their AIP approval they are posting because of their last line in e-Cas that updates letting them know their requested information was received and attached to their application. I think iluvcanada77 is doing it to show they are one step closer to "decision made" and what the times are like right now for them attaching requested documents. And Mark_Anna is looking to hear from others in a similar situation to theirs so they may get a clue as to how much longer their second stage may take. I hope I have made this more clear for others. :)

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Love_Young said:
I think people are missing the point here. iluvcanada77 and Mark_Anna aren't posting about their AIP approval they are posting because of their last line in e-Cas that updates letting them know their requested information was received and attached to their application. I think iluvcanada77 is doing it to show they are one step closer to "decision made" and what the times are like right now for them attaching requested documents. And Mark_Anna is looking to hear from others in a similar situation to theirs so they may get a clue as to how much longer their second stage may take. I hope I have made this more clear for others. :)
Hi LY,

do you know when you will update the chart?

I'm curious....

Pepe

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pepe261 said:
Hi LY,

do you know when you will update the chart?

I'm curious....

Pepe
I will be doing it soon, I hope. I was sick lately and had to go to the ER the other day so trying to rest up now.
Sorry pepe for not doing it sooner. I wished I had especially before getting sick. :(

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
This is how my ecas looks right now ;D NICE!

We received your application for permanent residence on September 30, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 18, 2010.

We sent you a letter on July 22, 2011 to xxx Nova Scotia, Canada, B4A 4E3 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

You entered Canada at the Halifax office on August 17, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident.

couver

Jun 24, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 29 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2010
Latvian said:
This is how my ecas looks right now ;D NICE!

We received your application for permanent residence on September 30, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 18, 2010.

We sent you a letter on July 22, 2011 to xxx Nova Scotia, Canada, B4A 4E3 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

You entered Canada at the Halifax office on August 17, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident.
Very happy for you, Latvian! Congratulations! I think you got in just before the Great August Slowdown at CIC. Maybe the rain on the west coast will bring some people back to work early.
On another note, so sad to hear about Jack Layton. On a forum populated entirely by immigrants, I'd like to recognize his commitment to the equality and well-being of all.

Mohamed053185

Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 28, 2010
Med's Done....
June 28, 2010
I received my AIP and OWP on April 13,2011

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohamed053185 said:
I received my AIP and OWP on April 13,2011
Oh, there are a lot of people on the same boat here, Mohamed.

I also got AiP in April and I am still waiting for the 2nd stage approval.

Mohamed053185

Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 28, 2010
Med's Done....
June 28, 2010
I got mine I am just waiting to here when my landing interview is I have been approved.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
couver said:
Very happy for you, Latvian! Congratulations! I think you got in just before the Great August Slowdown at CIC. Maybe the rain on the west coast will bring some people back to work early.
On another note, so sad to hear about Jack Layton. On a forum populated entirely by immigrants, I'd like to recognize his commitment to the equality and well-being of all.
Congratulations!!! :D

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohamed053185 said:
I got mine I am just waiting to here when my landing interview is I have been approved.
When did you receive 2nd stage approval? Where are you located?

Thanks

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Guys, I need some help here. I have a few questions.

1: A friend of mine got AIP on Friday Aug.19 and there application was received on Oct.22,2010. They are definitely working ahead of there schedule. They only got AIP because there medical expired. They did there medical in June 2010 and I guess they would not extend there medical for 2 months. That sucks. How long will it take to get 2nd stage if they need to re-do the medical?

2: Now for my situation, my husband did his medical Jan.22,2010 and our app was received by Vegreville on March 31,2010. 10 months of waiting takes us to Jan.31,2011. Should we re-do a medical and send it so they would not have any chance of asking for another one?

3: We did not send an open work permit with our application. Should we do that now and maybe they will attach it to our application? Would you send one or will it be a waste of $150?

4: Should we extend my husbands status? We did not send in an open work permit. I called immigration Canada a few weeks ago and they said that if you did not send in an open work permit then you have to re-apply to extend your status as it expires on Oct.11,2011. I called CIC again today and got someone on the phone today that was very knowledgeable and he said that not updating your status would not result in us not getting permanent residency. I don't know what to do. I have heard from so many people that you do not need to update your status when you have an application in process. Thoughts?

5: Last question, I promise. If I want to send in additional documents. Where do I send it to and what should I write? Should I just put everything in an envelope and write our client ID number at the top of each page? Do I need to add any other forms with this?

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
angtao said:
Guys, I need some help here. I have a few questions.

1: A friend of mine got AIP on Friday Aug.19 and there application was received on Oct.22,2010. They are definitely working ahead of there schedule. They only got AIP because there medical expired. They did there medical in June 2010 and I guess they would not extend there medical for 2 months. That sucks. How long will it take to get 2nd stage if they need to re-do the medical?

2: Now for my situation, my husband did his medical Jan.22,2010 and our app was received by Vegreville on March 31,2010. 10 months of waiting takes us to Jan.31,2011. Should we re-do a medical and send it so they would not have any chance of asking for another one?

3: We did not send an open work permit with our application. Should we do that now and maybe they will attach it to our application? Would you send one or will it be a waste of $150?

4: Should we extend my husbands status? We did not send in an open work permit. I called immigration Canada a few weeks ago and they said that if you did not send in an open work permit then you have to re-apply to extend your status as it expires on Oct.11,2011. I called CIC again today and got someone on the phone today that was very knowledgeable and he said that not updating your status would not result in us not getting permanent residency. I don't know what to do. I have heard from so many people that you do not need to update your status when you have an application in process. Thoughts?

5: Last question, I promise. If I want to send in additional documents. Where do I send it to and what should I write? Should I just put everything in an envelope and write our client ID number at the top of each page? Do I need to add any other forms with this?
Hi Angtao, I will try to answer on some of your questions:
1.It took 6 weeks for lhet_sept2010. They asked her to redo medicals in July and she got the second stage approval in August. Check her last messages.

2.When we called CIC trying to understand the same question, agent said not to do medicals until CIC asks about this themselves. I would recommend to wait for the first stage approval as well. You will be informed if you have to resend new medical results.

3.Sorry, i skip this question, i don't know the concrete rules about OWP, we did not apply for work permit with our main application..

4.As i heard before you have to maintain you legal status while staying in Canada.
During the process time you can use your authorized visa to confirm your legal status throughout different organizations (for example in the bank, in the embassy). We extended my visitor status, and it helped us to avoid troubles.

5. Yes, you can send additional documents. Just write client ID on the envelope, after Vegreville address. No special forms are required. We sent a covel letter and a small table of contents at the top of the pile.

Hope it helps.