Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Here is my time line
I got my AIP & OWP on 6th April 2011.
After sending (Received by them) police certificate on 30th May 2011, no reply yet, no e-cas, no machine phone update..........nothing

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
thebean said:
Hi all,

This is my first post so I hope I am doing it right!

We applied for PR inland family sponsorship way back in December 2009. It was received on December 31st - a day off of 2010, I know, but I'm hoping you'll forgive me for posting on this thread! Here is my timeline:

Application received: December 31, 2009.

Processing started: March 9, 2010.

"Medical results have been received."

"A decision has been made and you will be contacted"

"We received the requested information on April 4, 2011. Thank you for providing the information."

From what I've read from others' helpful posts, it seems this is taking an awfully long time, and many who applied after us have been completed. It has been almost 20 months :( Does anyone know what might be causing this delay? Our application was complete. We have contacted CIC many times but they keep telling us they can't give us any more info. They did say the application was due to be "reopened" on July 4th but that was a month ago and we haven't heard anything, nor can they tell us whether or not it was actually looked at. There has been no update on eCas. We were expecting that to be the final stage but still no movement.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Or can anyone offer any advice/feedback - is this normal?

Many thanks and best wishes to all!
HI thebean. can i ask when you got AIP and after AIP did they request anything from you?

boone90

Aug 5, 2011
Hello, I recently sent my inland PR application as a common-law partner to CPC Vegreville and I made a big mistake.

After I sent the package, I realized that I did not indicate 'Permanent Resident Applications' on the envelope, and I only wrote 'Case Processing Centre Vegreville, AB T9C 1W5' on the envelope, even without the street numbers!

I have been paranoid ever since and feel so stupid!

I'd rather be glad if it returned to me, but I think it's still going to be delivered, even without the street numbers, because I put down the postal code.

I am so worried about how long it'd get delayed for not writing down 'Permanent Residence Applications' on the envelope?

I assume it's going to be passed around within the case processing centre until it arrives at the correct department?

Someone please help me with the situation and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
boone90 said:
Hello, I recently sent my inland PR application as a common-law partner to CPC Vegreville and I made a big mistake.

After I sent the package, I realized that I did not indicate 'Permanent Resident Applications' on the envelope, and I only wrote 'Case Processing Centre Vegreville, AB T9C 1W5' on the envelope, even without the street numbers!

I'd rather be glad if it returned to me, but I think it's still going to be delivered, even without the street numbers, because I put down the postal code.

I am so worried about how long it'd get delayed for not writing down 'Permanent Residence Applications' on the envelope?

I assume it's going to be passed around within the case processing centre until it arrives at the correct department?

Thanks
Hi, don't worry, I didn't write down "PR App" things on the envelope too and it has not been delayed so I don't think it will be a big problem.

To All of you got good news this week

Congrats and wish you landing A.S.A.P

To people who are still waiting as me

Let's relax and no worry, although I know it's almost impossible but give it a try. Leave your computer a while, go shopping, go to the beach, wherever you like. Worry or whining won't speed the case up and won't make you happy. I do wish everyone have a good weekend. Bless you....

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hey guys, thank you for the congratulations! ;D
Though I got AIP and a second stage is not completed at this time, I feel the sun of joy and happiness rising in my heart! I can move forward now! :p

What do you guys think is it possible to get the second stage approval soon if CIC did not request any additional documents?
Do you know what happen during the second stage if CIC already requested my RCMP checks on April?
What factors can delay the second stage approval for me?

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
CANADIANCITIZEN. IS IT TRUE THAT IF YOU SPEAK DIRECTLY TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER IT WILL TAKE THE PROCESSING FOR 36 MONS, BEC IM DOING THAT ALL THE TIME.....THATS WHY NOW, IT SEEMS ITS TRUE, I GOT MY AIP LAST MAY BUT TILL NOW NO CHANGES IN MY ECAS...I SENT MINE JULY 26, 2010

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To people who are still waiting as me

Let's relax and no worry, although I know it's almost impossible but give it a try. Leave your computer a while, go shopping, go to the beach, wherever you like. Worry or whining won't speed the case up and won't make you happy. I do wish everyone have a good weekend. Bless you....
Hi: AmandaHsu:Thank you, these words is so warm!!!

fleurette said:
Hey guys, thank you for the congratulations! ;D
Though I got AIP and a second stage is not completed at this time, I feel the sun of joy and happiness rising in my heart! I can move forward now! :p

What do you guys think is it possible to get the second stage approval soon if CIC did not request any additional documents?
Do you know what happen during the second stage if CIC already requested my RCMP checks on April?
What factors can delay the second stage approval for me?
hi, fleurette, the waiting time for the final results is from 2 days(like Love_Young) to one year.
It's really depends on where r u from, how many country you have lived, or criminal, medical, etc.
Hope you will hear good news soon.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Here is my time line
I got my AIP & OWP on 6th April 2011.
After sending (Received by them) police certificate on 30th May 2011, no reply yet, no e-cas, no machine phone update..........nothing

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

HI, we're on the same boat.
I got my AIP on April,6th in this year also.
I don't need submit anything, still wait 4 months till now.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
murphy said:
pmmwanm, yeah...same boAT..... :mad:i went and work in some countries thats why they need to check my backgrounds..... :-[ ::) :( :mad:[flash=200,200][/flash]
for me,i think that maybe i came to Canada too long time.Have renewed several times study permit, changed several address, and several schools.

katie_van

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ppmmwanm said:
hi, fleurette, the waiting time for the final results is from 2 days(like Love_Young) to one year.
It's really depends on where r u from, how many country you have lived, or criminal, medical, etc.
Hope you will hear good news soon.
Hi fleurette, like ppmmwanm said it's various and I noticed that people who don't need additional document, they get decision made in 2~3 days after AIP, if it's the case your e-cas may be updated after the decision made. You are almost there, so wait a few more days. :) I hope that you'll get good news soon! :)

boone90 said:

Thanks
Hi boone90, have you got the tracking number when you sent your application? If you really concern about it, wait a few more days and call Call Center (1-888-242-2100) to make sure if they have received your application. You will need your client ID which you can find on your visa and it's like '0000-0000', 8-digit number.

thebean

Aug 4, 2011
Hi abc3896,

We got AIP and the OWP together in September 2010 as we applied for PR and OWP together. So AIP was granted almost one year ago. My partner is from England and we have been together almost 9 years, commonlaw for almost 8 of those. We thought we had a very straightforward case. His medical and police reports were clear. They have since asked him for a work update. CIC confirmed they received all the information.

We have tried calling and going to the local Vancouver office, they can't tell us anything and say to call them again if we haven't heard by October! By that time, it will have been almost 2 years from when we first applied in Dec 2009.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide, and best wishes again to all who are going through, or have been through, this process!

thebean

lhet_sept2010

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-09-12
LANDED..........
23-09-2011
Hello guys...

I sent my OWP last July 18, 2011. How long will it take for me to receive my OWP? Is it longer than waiting for the second stage approval..

OMG... I always check my ecas status and nothing has been changed. even for the requested documents. i submit my recent passport long time ago and until now im waiting for the 2nd stage approval :(

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Latvian, katie_van, ppmmwanm, thank you so much for the kind words and for sharing your thoughts!

I have decided to apply for OWP at the end of the next week if i don't get the second stage approval :)

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleurette said:
Latvian, katie_van, ppmmwanm, thank you so much for the kind words and for sharing your thoughts!

I have decided to apply for OWP at the end of the next week if i don't get the second stage approval :)
oh~~~,you're welcome :-*
Now, the processing time for OWP takes about 2 months.( from submit till received it)