Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I don't see how? It says on the site who is considered to be a resident and what evidence needs to be shown for that. And also tells what evidence needs to be included for registration. You can be given health care in Alberta if you are a dependant (aka spouse) and can prove residency to Alberta (bill, Alberta driver's license, etc.). Also, if you have a visitor record/extension, study/work permit, and of course a permanent resident, you can apply. You just need proof of your residency to Alberta and have a document from immigration about your status (visitor, study, work, pr card).

P.S. It can be harder to get it as only a visitor but it has been done before but you definitely can qualify with a work permit from what I hear. And eligibility for healthcare is not dependant on being pregnant or not.

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Well, I live in Alberta and maybe I can help you with it. If you have OWP, yes you can apply and get covered for Alberta Health. You can either mail it or go to a registry that accepts Alberta Health Coverage Application. If you are pregnant or in the process of PR application yes you can still be covered as long as you have a valid work permit, study permit in Alberta. I'm not sure about visitor status.

If you have a work permit before and it expires while you are processing your PR application you are only covered for 90 days after the permit expires. After the 90 days, you are not going to be covered until you get PR approval. For example, my husband 's work permit was valid until Sept. 15, 2010. We submitted his PR application on August 16, 2010. When his work permit expired in Sept we called Alberta Health to extend his coverage, they gave him a one-time 90 days extension so he was covered until Dec 15, 2010. On Dec 16, 2010 we received a mail from Alberta Health stating that he is not covered until we can submit either his OWP, study permit or PR Approval.

inlandhelp

Jun 25, 2011
Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting here, I just came across this forum out of sheer desperation. I have my landing interview next week (I applied inland) and among other things I am required to take 2 photographs of myself. The photographer who took my photos, stamped the date on the back of the photo. In addition he stamped the address of the photo studio. Now when I checked the CIC website it says the date is required, but there is no mention of an address being needed? I specifically told the photographer that I need photos for my PR card and he says he knows the requirements.

Now I'm wondering, is it ONLY the date the photo was taken that needs to be stamped on the back of the photo? or do I or do I not need the address of the photographer as well?

Your input is much much much appreciated. Thank you!

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inlandhelp said:
Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting here, I just came across this forum out of sheer desperation. I have my landing interview next week (I applied inland) and among other things I am required to take 2 photographs of myself.
Hi inlandhelp,
I went to CIC local office other day and told me to take pics at photoshop at ground floor.
(I am also landing in 3 weeks time). I paid $14.95 for 2 pics.

(At back of Photo)

Photo Shop Name
Address

Date

I certify this to be a true likeness of_______

BTW, what is your timeline? and where are you landing...

inlandhelp

Jun 25, 2011
Thanks Sarah!

I'll be landing in Ottawa, what about you? My time line is actually much longer than yours. I sent in my application towards mid 2009, received my first stage approval in July 2010 and they took quite a long time for my second stage, I'm glad that it's finally coming to an end.

The details on the back of my photograph are exactly the same as yours. They did not write my name at the end of "I certify this to be true likeness of part", did you write yours or are you going to keep it blank?

I guess I will not get new photos then. I was worried thinking they might return my photos saying they don't meet the specifications (my photo size is a few millimeters different as well, the length should be 45mm and mine is 42 or 43). Am I being paranoid?

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovely20 said:
Well, I live in Alberta and maybe I can help you with it. If you have OWP, yes you can apply and get covered for Alberta Health.
Hi Lovely20, I sent you PM. I am happy for you and hubby landing. Hug to your daughter :-*
Yes, true, Alberta Health covers for spouse being sponsored. I was married July2010, applied Health Card August 2010, hubby sign the form w/ original marriage certificate, my passport and valid Tourist Visa. Card was sent by mail and I been using since..

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inlandhelp said:
Thanks Sarah!

I'll be landing in Ottawa, what about you? My time line is actually much longer than yours.
Yes, its blank name (true likeness of_____). I'm landing at Edmonton Alberta. Maybe you could share us your time line by going back to your logged, and fill up details of your application (like ours). You may also send your request to Love-young, to add you to our chart, and maybe after landing date, you could share us your landing experience :)
If you are bothered by your PR photo and for your peace of mind, you could have it taken again to the shop inside your local CIC office and just keep your other photo you may use it for other purpose.

Same feeling I got about my PR photo, I could have it taken to Costco, nearby our house, but I decided the photo shop inside Building of CIC local office.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
This statement is only true if someone holds an at least 6 month validity tourist visa or longer. For people from visa exempt counties there has to be a stamp showing the end date of the allowed stay in their passport to qualify.

sarahLDC said:
Hi Lovely20, I sent you PM. I am happy for you and hubby landing. Hug to your daughter :-*
Yes, true, Alberta Health covers for spouse being sponsored. I was married July2010, applied Health Card August 2010, hubby sign the form w/ original marriage certificate, my passport and valid Tourist Visa. Card was sent by mail and I been using since..

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
No, you are not being paranoid. Get another set of pictures taken, you might as well download the picture specification for PR card from the CIC website and bring it with you to the photographer. I got this sheet with my landing appointment letter from the Edmonton office. Make sure you are getting the right size of photos. I will look up the link for you if you don`t find it with the measurements.
By the way, my pictures were not sized well first either, I went back to the photographer with my receipt and the sheet and got another corrected set for no charge. That is what you should do, you paid already for those pictures- they must redo them for you.

quote author=inlandhelp link=topic=48144.msg841099#msg841099 date=1309049272]

Thanks Sarah!

I'll be landing in Ottawa, what about you? My time line is actually much longer than yours. I sent in my application towards mid 2009, received my first stage approval in July 2010 and they took quite a long time for my second stage, I'm glad that it's finally coming to an end.

The details on the back of my photograph are exactly the same as yours. They did not write my name at the end of "I certify this to be true likeness of part", did you write yours or are you going to keep it blank?

I guess I will not get new photos then. I was worried thinking they might return my photos saying they don't meet the specifications (my photo size is a few millimeters different as well, the length should be 45mm and mine is 42 or 43). Am I being paranoid?
[/quote]

couver

Jun 24, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 29 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2010
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, but I think this is the right thread. I'll introduce myself and give my stats for comparison's sake, and I do have a few questions if anyone has a good answer to them. I read a lot of good advice but there are a few things that I'd like to have clarified.

I am applying for PR as the American spouse of a Canadian citizen (inland). CIC Veg. received my application late Oct, 2010. They began processing it on Dec. 9, 2011, and told me that they had received the requested information on Feb 9, 2011 (I assume this is the medical record? I was never asked to send anything extra). Hopefully everything goes well.

My PGWP expired after they received my application, so I have that shady implied status that comes with a PGWP extension application. This spring, I stupidly bought a plane ticket home to the states for this August (and some relatives did too) thinking that we could all finally see each other again, but now I am having second thoughts about whether I should leave.
Here are my questions:
1. Can I expect to receive an open work permit as a result of my PGWP application (it was in the same envelope as the PR app)?
2. If I do get the OWP before Aug, and if I do go to the states for a few weeks, will the OWP be made null and void?
3. Are first-stage approval OWP's typically multiple-entry if you are from a visa-exempt country?
4. Would it be normal for a border guard to allow me in to Canada, assuming no criminal record, with just a passport and no OWP if I said I had PR pending (August is cutting it close to even have my AIP).
5. Am I stupid to go back to the US for a visit before my PR is official? (I know this has been answered for others, but if you see any nuances of my situation that would change that answer....)

Thanks everyone. There's a lot of good info on these forums

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
In addition to my previous post,
Here is the link for the new photo measurements, see Appendix B:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/pdf/kits/guides/5445E.PDF

inlandhelp

Jun 25, 2011
Thanks Sarah and Ditta. I will get the photos redone then. Do you think I should ask them to include only the Date and not the address or that certification? Ditta, since you've landed already, did your photos contain only the date? Thanks in advance!

Will put up my timeline soon :) and of course share the landing experience

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
inlandhelp said:
Thanks Sarah and Ditta. I will get the photos redone then. Do you think I should ask them to include only the Date and not the address or that certification? Ditta, since you've landed already, did your photos contain only the date? Thanks in advance!

Will put up my timeline soon :) and of course share the landing experience
Hi Inlandhelp, my hubby just landed too.

Regarding the photos, his had the address and name of the photoshop too at the back. As long as you have the correct dimensions for it you should be ok and the date stamped or written at the back. The immigration officer who met with us last Thursday just checked that the date was there and it was the correct size and attached it to hubby's certificate of permanent residence.

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
This statement is only true if someone holds an at least 6 month validity tourist visa or longer. For people from visa exempt counties there has to be a stamp showing the end date of the allowed stay in their passport to qualify.
True Ditta, they issued me a health card August 2010,although my tourist visa expires Nov.2010. But then after 2 months, the Alberta Health sent me letter to send them my renewed tourist visa (which was extended Nov. 2011) otherwise they will cancel my health card.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Does anybody know if ECAS updates over the weekend?