20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Hey all!!

Not sure if you guys are monitoring the election...Seems that Harper is going to have a majority win this election...
If it is a majority win, they will probably impose changes to the IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE PROTECTION ACT

Notice requesting comments on a proposal to introduce a conditional permanent residence period of two years or more for sponsored spouses and partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsors.

What a dread!

:( :(

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
twchu said:
Hey all!!

Not sure if you guys are monitoring the election...Seems that Harper is going to have a majority win this election...
If it is a majority win, they will probably impose changes to the IMMIGRATION AND REFUGEE PROTECTION ACT

Notice requesting comments on a proposal to introduce a conditional permanent residence period of two years or more for sponsored spouses and partners in a relationship of two years or less with their sponsors.

What a dread!

:( :(
I'm the applicant so i cannot vote but i would have voted definitely for the NDP. I don't like neither conservatives nor liberals in this country. it seems that the NDP has had a major success, it s now the official 2 nd party of canada but its success is shadowed by a very likely Conservative majority government. I have the impression that this country is turning very much to the right and yes it will have its effect on immigration policies.

asdf1234

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2009
AOR Received.
07-09-2010
Hi,

My first post here, unfortunately I qualify for the top of the chart :-(

Application received Dec 21 2009
Processing started March 04 2010
AIP + work permit received September 7 2010
Request for more information (where I've been and what I've been doing since Dec 2009) received last week of March 2011 (I don't have the exact date, will try to dig that out later). I've sent reply the next day, haven't heard anything since.

I can't figure out why others are being processed before me, and why people who didn't send everything at once (medical, police records etc.) get their PR sooner than people who do.
This is inland application, Vancouver.

Thanks.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
gwaii said:
:eek: Decision Made

We received your application for permanent residence on January 29, 2010.

We started processing your application on April 7, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter on April 28, 2011 to ******** about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

ABOUT TIME !!!!!!!!! What a wait !!
Congrats Gwaaiii!!!...

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Inlandappl said:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

change of e-cas!!!!!!!

We received your application for permanent residence on July 6, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 15, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on November 1, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on April 29, 2011 to xxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us:

What does that mean? AIP or PR?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php]
[/url]
Congrats !!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
asdf1234 said:
Hi,

My first post here, unfortunately I qualify for the top of the chart :-(

Application received Dec 21 2009
Processing started March 04 2010
AIP + work permit received September 7 2010
Request for more information (where I've been and what I've been doing since Dec 2009) received last week of March 2011 (I don't have the exact date, will try to dig that out later). I've sent reply the next day, haven't heard anything since.
Thanks.
Actually I only post those applicants whose application was SENT in 2010. Sorry. But you are still welcome to talk and post here though.

gwaii said:
:eek: Decision Made
We sent you a letter on April 28, 2011 to ******** about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

ABOUT TIME !!!!!!!!! What a wait !!
Yay, CONGRATULATIONS gwaii. I am not sure if I had you added to the chart our not but I will add you now. Let me know when you get the date to land. Can't wait to hear your story.

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have great news...

My husbands landing interview is on May 10 at Etobicoke office :)

So happy!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
srcc said:
We have great news...

So happy!
Wonderful, wonderful news. CONGRATULATIONS to both of you! Please let us know how it goes. :D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
srcc said:
We have great news...

So happy!
\

congrats!! :)

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Good morning to everybody,

I had a rare feeling this morning. I try to be positive as much as I can... and this morning it's hard for me to stay positive. I hope the applications process continue with its speed.

I wish you a great and nice week.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Just saying guys but this week is going to be the longest week EVER!
I hope by this time next week I can give you all good news. :D

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
twchu said:
Hey all!!

What a dread!

I don`t see why it is such a terrible proposal. I`m the sponsored one and I do agree with the conditional visas.
You don`t need to show certain education, qualifications, language skills, income requirements as other immigration streams do, you are solely get your permanent residency based on your relationship. Why is it such a big deal then to wait 2 years or so to get full PR? You are anyway committed to your relationship.
Truth is we don`t know enough details and makes many people scared. In my own opinion those who do an outland application and wait the whole process out separately could benefit from the change, their spouses can live with them in Canada, gain Canadain work experience, learn the language, adapt to the community.
I might be too optimistic or naive, I`m just saying that you chose your partner for life, two years is so long.

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
ditta said:
Hey all!!

What a dread!

I don`t see why it is such a terrible proposal. I`m the sponsored one and I do agree with the conditional visas.
You don`t need to show certain education, qualifications, language skills, income requirements as other immigration streams do, you are solely get your permanent residency based on your relationship. Why is it such a big deal then to wait 2 years or so to get full PR? You are anyway committed to your relationship.
Truth is we don`t know enough details and makes many people scared. In my own opinion those who do an outland application and wait the whole process out separately could benefit from the change, their spouses can live with them in Canada, gain Canadain work experience, learn the language, adapt to the community.
I might be too optimistic or naive, I`m just saying that you chose your partner for life, two years is so long.
Hi Ditta,

I can see where you are coming from but it seems idealistic to say that marriage is for life in the current age. Some stand the test of time and others dont but i do always hope for the best and try to make it work so that i can be with my love ones forever. Naturally everyone would like to have it that way but the reason behind the conditional PR status is to deter marriage fraud or convenience that really annoys me while i do agree that 2 years shouldnt be an issue when we are all committed to a relationship.

However, it does prolong the period to be a Canadian citizen since you need to wait out at least 2 years before you become PR officially. I am kinda concern if it would also lengthen the time needed if i want to sponsor my parents to migrate over (It is already taking a very long time as of now). I just feel that this policy does not speed up family reunification process at all and as a matter of fact it is punishing everyone who is in legitimate relationship due to a small group of people who took advantage of the system.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twchu said:
However, it does prolong the period to be a Canadian citizen since you need to wait out at least 2 years before you become PR officially. I am kinda concern if it would also lengthen the time needed if i want to sponsor my parents to migrate over (It is already taking a very long time as of now). I just feel that this policy does not speed up family reunification process at all and as a matter of fact it is punishing everyone who is in legitimate relationship due to a small group of people who took advantage of the system.
No it doesn't. If this change is passed and implemented as law, the sponsored person will still be a PR, it will just have conditions attached. Having conditions on PR is not new. It's been done for a long time in the Entrepreneur category.

This policy is not meant to speed up family reunification. It's meant to prevent marriage fraud and to punish those deemed guilty of it. I'm not a fan of it either but for different reasons that have been posted many times before.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Thanks Love_Young for update profile.

Hi angtao,
I already sent my canadian police clearance with my file but this is different, this one is when you got your Open work Permit & first stage approval, in second stage they need police clearance from your country of origin.

Yes I think New conservative majority Harper government can change many immigration laws including point system, spouse sponshorship.......eventhough it is good to avoid fraud people to get in this great country.