29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Babyhangon said:
Friends, another question: at what point of the application process, my wife can leave Canada for a break? She is currently out of status here and too late to renew her status. She wants to visit her parents back home as soon as possible. I'd like to know if she has to wait till AIP granted or final receipt of PR card? From AIP to PR card, how long will it normally take? Sorry for so many questions. This whole thing is new to me. try to gather information as much as possible. thanks, everyone. good luck, everyone.
Your wife can only leave Canada once she has her PR card. AIP to PR timeline depends on your local office workload. You can try CIC helpline and ask for average waiting time for your local office.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
komar said:
Your wife can only leave Canada once she has her PR card. AIP to PR timeline depends on your local office workload. You can try CIC helpline and ask for average waiting time for your local office.
I see. Thanks a lot. We're in Toronto. Is big city usually more backed up than smaller cities?

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
komar said:
Actually thats not just the determining factor (AIP to PR) CIC has NOTHING at all to do ith your application after first stage approval!. It ALL depends how fast they get results of you background check from RCMP,and CSIS .
Your local office only issues pr and the final decision is determined by the results of your background check.

Your local office is only majorly involved if you have to called in for an interview without AIP. than that will take a long time . Some people are known to wait for years if their file has been transferred without AIP depending on the workload of that particular office.

But once you get AIP, its CSIS and RCMP that are involved majorly.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Babyhangon said:
I see. Thanks a lot. We're in Toronto. Is big city usually more backed up than smaller cities?
yes., If your file has been transferred to your local office without AIP. (first stage approval) and you live in a bigger city with a bigger work load, then the answer would be yes. big cities are backed up .
BUT BUT.. only if your file has been transferred withoput AIP!.
if she hasnt got her AIP yet, its still in Vegreville and within the posted times with is 9 to 10 months for first stage approval

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Babyhangon said:
Friends, another question: at what point of the application process, my wife can leave Canada for a break? She is currently out of status here and too late to renew her status. She wants to visit her parents back home as soon as possible. I'd like to know if she has to wait till AIP granted or final receipt of PR card? From AIP to PR card, how long will it normally take? Sorry for so many questions. This whole thing is new to me. try to gather information as much as possible. thanks, everyone. good luck, everyone.
Ok answering your original question. Sorry for doing it backward but here goes,

It is not advisable for ANYONE to leave Canada when their file is still IN process (INLANDERS) This is considering the posted times on the website which is 18 months. the reason for this is.
if your wife leaves canada without AIP or PR and on return is denied entry for whatever reason, then her application (INLAND) is completely revoked and will have to start the whole process again outside of canada. It is not just talk it has happened to many people!.

Your wife can ONLY leave canada once she gets final approval PR card!. to be on the safe side.
From AIP to PR depends on how long the back ground checks are,

As i said earlier. CSIS has to conduct security checks from your home country, canada and anywhere else to make sure you will not be a threat to canada.
then there is RCMP checks.

Even though you submit a police check from your home country initially, CIC has to do its own checks. CSIS is kind of like the FBI but its worldwide.
It takes 9 to 10 months for first stage approval and another 9 months for second stage approval. this is according to the website. in total it should take about 18 months,
But 18 months is really an estimate.
Say for example your file has been transferred to your local office without AIP. Depending on the office of the city you live in, it can take even up to a year for you to be called in for an inerview. An interview would be required if
1. they doubt the genuity of your relationship
2. Something in your application isnt clear,
3. your spouse is a refugee claimant, (as well)
4. your spouse has no status and didnt renew her status in canada before she filed

For example, my file was transferred without AIP to my local office but i was called in quickly for my interview and after my interview AIP and OWP were granted.
I was called for an interview after about 3 weeks from transfer of my file which is pretty fast timeline for that case!. im lucky i dont live in a big city but in a smaller city.

Some people here are nown to go though thw whole process. and get PR in less than a year.
The timelines posted on the webpage ie 18 months is just an estimate for normal applications that dopnt need files transferred without AIP.
I think they put 18 moths so people stop calling .

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow-o-wow

A lot has gone on since I last posted, not that I posted much. However, I've been trying to catch up with the posts but even 3 days ago seems like that stuff is in the past. I hope that everyone is feeling a bit more happy than from a few days ago. I can sure relate to some of the posts because its exactly how I'm feeling right now. I don't want to say pissed off but I guess frustration comes to mind. Worry is a big issue too, finances from back home are getting so desperate that its making me sick and there is nothing I can do about it really. And some other things are kind of making me more sick physically and emotionally. I know I've just sent in my application (Nov. 2010 and they didn't receive it until Dec. 2010,) I still am anxious and fidgety. But I just wanted to share a few encouraging words, the things I do to keep busy and a few questions/concerns

1. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." -Sophocles ( I love this quote so much)
2. Every day is one step closer to where we want to be, and as my sister says, "3pm always comes around" -meaning the time we want it to be will arrive no matter what.
3. My husband and I don't have children or a pet so I can sleep in til whenever, but I usually get up about 6:30 or 7. I usually do a warm up and then do some pilates stretches for my back since I have an injury. Morning stretches are good for anyone and they help to strengthen your core and thus improve posture, may ease chronic pain, ect.
4. We are very lucky that we live in a part of our city that is a 5-10 min walk to a mall/store/video store so I walk to the mall for my daily walk and then window shop, yes its very tempting and sometimes I do give into temptation but I'm learning to hold back. I crochet ... a lot. I'm crocheting a blanket for the homeless right now. I also have been doing other little crochet projects on the side. And I"m learning how to knit. I find both are great meditating activities. Creating is good for the soul. I take advantage of the library and I love to read so they know me at the library. If you have an mp3 player some libraries have audiobooks to loan. Wed, Thursday, Fri. shopping flyers are my evening entertainment when hubby is hanging with friends or playing PS3. I love the flyers and looking for bargins is one of my new hobbies, I love Zehrs, BulkBarn and Shoppers.

And lastly,
You may have not known this, but if you live near the border, I live 15 mins from Niagara Falls, you can cross the border to the US and return to renew your Visitors Record ( I think this is only applicable to U.S citizens)As long as you have your information with you (i.e. payment receipt of application, copy of marriage cert., shipping receipt from Canada post, medical records receipt copy) they will let you in, and get your Visitors Record Renewed.
My question is to those who know: do I have to send a copy of my Visitors Record to Vegreville or will they have it on record already? How could I be so dumb and not ask at the border. However, if no one knows...I will be in Niagara Falls next week to turn in hubby's "green card" thingy from the US and will ask IO when we turn it in.

Well, I may be back because I am finding that I can relate to how a lot of you are feeling and yes this is another way to help keep me from going insane bonkers.

Have a great evening guys.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Actually thats not just the determining factor (AIP to PR) CIC has NOTHING at all to do ith your application after first stage approval!. It ALL depends how fast they get results of you background check from RCMP,and CSIS .
Your local office only issues pr and the final decision is determined by the results of your background check.

Your local office is only majorly involved if you have to called in for an interview without AIP. than that will take a long time . Some people are known to wait for years if their file has been transferred without AIP depending on the workload of that particular office.

But once you get AIP, its CSIS and RCMP that are involved majorly.
I know you were replying to someone else BlackBerry but I just had a thought (yes, I was scared too ;D
do you have to get RCMP security checks on your own or do they do that? I don't really understand what CIC is asking for because it seems like since I've been in Canada since April 2010, I need to get a background check from RCMP...
I am a little confuddled.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Love_Young said:
Hi TeresaLynn, I sent you a PM. Thanks for all the tax advice. My friend is currently working for the CRA but he just started so he isn't as informed as most but he did tell us about the spousal amount. My question for that would be: Do we both need to claim the Spousal Amount or just my husband who is the citizen? I am assuming it would be him since it is saying if you supported a spouse with less than $10, 382 then you can claim it and since he is the once working and supporting me then he would be the one to claim it, correct?
Sorry love_young, i totally missed this question before, but here is your answer:

Only one spouse can claim the spousal amount, usually it's the person with the higher income. So if you have $0 income your spouse can make the full claim on line 303 of $10,382. Let's say you made $2000 for the year, then your spouse would minus the $2000 from $10,382 which then he would claim $8382...make sense? Remember the spousal amount is a non-refundable tax credit, so it only lowers the amount of tax he pays. Which usually means a higher refund because he doesn't need to pay as much tax. I hope this helps, sorry for the late response. ;D

Jan 27, 2011
Black-Berry said:
Ok answering your original question. Sorry for doing it backward but here goes,

It is not advisable for ANYONE to leave Canada when their file is still IN process (INLANDERS) This is considering the posted times on the website which is 18 months. the reason for this is.
if your wife leaves canada without AIP or PR and on return is denied entry for whatever reason, then her application (INLAND) is completely revoked and will have to start the whole process again outside of canada. It is not just talk it has happened to many people!.

Your wife can ONLY leave canada once she gets final approval PR card!. to be on the safe side.
From AIP to PR depends on how long the back ground checks are,

As i said earlier. CSIS has to conduct security checks from your home country, canada and anywhere else to make sure you will not be a threat to canada.
then there is RCMP checks.

Even though you submit a police check from your home country initially, CIC has to do its own checks. CSIS is kind of like the FBI but its worldwide.
It takes 9 to 10 months for first stage approval and another 9 months for second stage approval. this is according to the website. in total it should take about 18 months,
But 18 months is really an estimate.
Say for example your file has been transferred to your local office without AIP. Depending on the office of the city you live in, it can take even up to a year for you to be called in for an inerview. An interview would be required if
1. they doubt the genuity of your relationship
2. Something in your application isnt clear,
3. your spouse is a refugee claimant, (as well)
4. your spouse has no status and didnt renew her status in canada before she filed

For example, my file was transferred without AIP to my local office but i was called in quickly for my interview and after my interview AIP and OWP were granted.
I was called for an interview after about 3 weeks from transfer of my file which is pretty fast timeline for that case!. im lucky i dont live in a big city but in a smaller city.

Some people here are nown to go though thw whole process. and get PR in less than a year.
The timelines posted on the webpage ie 18 months is just an estimate for normal applications that dopnt need files transferred without AIP.
I think they put 18 moths so people stop calling .
Hi Blackberry,

I have already got AIP saying approval for sponsor and for my spouse and file has transferred to local cic. Today I got another letter for interview and they asked me to bring identity documents.Could you please help me what will they ask us in interview and what documents I should take with me? any thing you want to emphasize on?

Thanks in advance!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
ramandaman2011 said:
Hi Blackberry,

I have already got AIP saying approval for sponsor and for my spouse and file has transferred to local cic. Today I got another letter for interview and they asked me to bring identity documents.Could you please help me what will they ask us in interview and what documents I should take with me? any thing you want to emphasize on?

Thanks in advance!
its a landing interview, so basically u gonna sign landing papers and become permanent resident. they just gonna check ur passport if ur name and other data matches. so u dont need to worry bout this one.
im not sure what documents to bring. the ones who landed might help u more. i bet its passport, and maybe all documents that CIC issued to u. and maybe 2-3 photos? oh and receipt or copy of payments to CIC, esp the Right of PR fee payment/or money if u havent paid yet?

by the way how soon after decision made on ecas or CIC letter, u received a letter for landing interview?

and all u guys who landed or received landing interview letter? how long it took to get it?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
TeresaLynn said:
Sorry love_young, i totally missed this question before, but here is your answer:

Only one spouse can claim the spousal amount, usually it's the person with the higher income. So if you have $0 income your spouse can make the full claim on line 303 of $10,382. Let's say you made $2000 for the year, then your spouse would minus the $2000 from $10,382 which then he would claim $8382...make sense? Remember the spousal amount is a non-refundable tax credit, so it only lowers the amount of tax he pays. Which usually means a higher refund because he doesn't need to pay as much tax. I hope this helps, sorry for the late response. ;D
Then I am guessing he wouldn't qualify for that seeing as it said he made $21,000 or so dollars this year. Too bad we didn't know this last year when he only made $9,000. However, he is applying for the disability tax credit because CRA, our friend, and his doctors have verified that he should qualify for it. I have heard that if you qualify, it is also supposed to reduce the amount of taxes they take out and that they also look at previous years in the past. If he qualifies this would be great for us.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
No he "WILL" qualify for the spousal amount! Don't apply for the disability amount until after tax season....it takes 3-4 to approve and it will hold up the return. He can always apply for it after his return is filed for 2011. He can always go back and adjust his return to add the disability amount on later time. This will give him an additional refund at that time.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
komar said:
Call the CIC helpline and say you have to send updates to your application so you want to know the mailing address of the local office. Dont tell them what the MP or the online thing says. Call a couple of times to talk to different reps to confirm the file location. This way you would know for sure.

For the Foss notes mail/ fax the request to:

Manager, Access to Information and Privacy
Ontario Regional Office
25 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 200
Toronto, Ontario M4T 1M2
Telephone: 416-954-7857
Facsimile: 416-954-7837

They handle the requests for the whole of Ontario.

Yes chances are that April would be the first time the local office would review your file. On a positive note, they will get the updates before then so hopefully they wont waste much time in finalising the application in your favour!
[/quote

This is ridiculous over a year has past and they didn’t even look at my file at the local office how much time is it going to take them to get me an interview???

Anyways thanks Komar I will mail the FOSS notes request to the address u gave me

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
TeresaLynn said:
No he "WILL" qualify for the spousal amount! Don't apply for the disability amount until after tax season....it takes 3-4 to approve and it will hold up the return. He can always apply for it after his return is filed for 2011. He can always go back and adjust his return to add the disability amount on later time. This will give him an additional refund at that time.
Oh okay. Silly me, I feel dumb about all of this. So do you mean it takes 3-4 months to be approved? Or 3-4 weeks? We were told by the CRA it would take about 12 weeks. Feels like such a long time. So would the end of tax season be anytime after April 30th? Would they automatically adjust his taxes if they find he is approved for the disability credit or is there a certain form for that? We would send the certificate ahead of time or would we send that with another form at the time he mails for the credit? Also, do I file for a separate return from hubby or not?

Sorry for all the questions but your advice is such a tremendous help to us. I have pretty much got everything figured out. Also, since as I file as a resident could I fill out a form online and then print it out and send it to Ontario? Ahhh....I promise I will stop. Lol.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi people!
I am sorry for not giving some answers but coming with a question...
Does anyone know where can I get my security check? I dont know do I have to contact Croatian embassy in Ottawa or just go to police offoce here (though I doubt in that) and I need it to apply for work..
Thanks!