18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
californiajeninca said:
You may have not known this, but if you live near the border, I live 15 mins from Niagara Falls, you can cross the border to the US and return to renew your Visitors Record ( I think this is only applicable to U.S citizens)As long as you have your information with you (i.e. payment receipt of application, copy of marriage cert., shipping receipt from Canada post, medical records receipt copy) they will let you in, and get your Visitors Record Renewed.
This goes for every visa exempt country. Keep in mind there's always the risk they won't let you back in. Visitor records are for visitors (tourists). If you're having different intentions, like waiting for PR approval, it is possible that you'll be denied access to Canada. Usually IOs at the border understand the situation and give you a new visitor record anyways, but there are some cases of extremely unlucky people!

Black-Berry said:
It is not advisable for ANYONE to leave Canada when their file is still IN process (INLANDERS) This is considering the posted times on the website which is 18 months. the reason for this is.
if your wife leaves canada without AIP or PR and on return is denied entry for whatever reason, then her application (INLAND) is completely revoked and will have to start the whole process again outside of canada. It is not just talk it has happened to many people!
Long story short: yes you can leave and it's allowed. There's only the risk of being denied on the way back, like BB described. For visa exempt countries it's not very likely, but if you require a visa to come to Canda, there's more chances of failing.

@Komar: sorry to read your story, it's indeed a terrible screw-up that they didn't ask you to clarify some things. Even though appeal is impossible, you still filed a serious complaint against the IO? Is something happening with the screw-up? It might show how stressed out the people are in rounding up applications as fast as possible to not let the waiting times rise any more. At least it's a great example for the people that still need to submit their package: look at every detail and see if it's possible to interpret it in a bad way. It's great that you filed for a new PR application though (was it possible for you to keep the previous sponsorship approval?) You are an example for us all!!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Spring4.6. said:
Hi people!
I am sorry for not giving some answers but coming with a question...
Does anyone know where can I get my security check? I dont know do I have to contact Croatian embassy in Ottawa or just go to police offoce here (though I doubt in that) and I need it to apply for work..
Thanks!
Are you looking for the police certificate for Croatia? That you probably need to order through your embassy. I needed my family to request it at city hall in the Netherlands and send it to me by mail. It differs per country.

Do not get a Canadian police certificate. It's a pain in the ass to get (fingerprints and stuff) and above all: CIC doesn't require this as they have their own ways to run your name through the Canadian systems.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Spring4.6. said:
Hi people!
I am sorry for not giving some answers but coming with a question...
Does anyone know where can I get my security check? I dont know do I have to contact Croatian embassy in Ottawa or just go to police offoce here (though I doubt in that) and I need it to apply for work..
Thanks!
i got it through Lithuania's embassy in Ottawa. but i had to meet them in person, they dont do it by mail etc. Good thing their officer was visiting in Toronto, thats when i requested for police clearance. and after few weeks i got it by mail.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hey people,

Can some1 change his representative if the process has already started and more than a year and a half has past since the sponsorship papers has been submitted??

Coz Im feeling my lawyer is uselless I got better advice and information by asking you guys than I did asking him.

Appreciate your help and advice!!!

Best of luck to all of ya

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Material, I think that you can change your representative, but you probably will have to let Immigration know that.
here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/faq.asp#Q6
Check it out and read all it is saying there and if you still are not sure, maybe you can call Immigration and ask.

@Jurjen, I am looking for a police certificate from Croatia, cause that is the one I have to have here. I have asked Croatian embassy in Ottawa and it has to go through them, 50$ costs, 4 - 6 weeks of waiting..but I have to do it anyway so that is it. But thank you and everyone for a reply.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Spring4.6. said:
Material, I think that you can change your representative, but you probably will have to let Immigration know that.
here is the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/faq.asp#Q6
Check it out and read all it is saying there and if you still are not sure, maybe you can call Immigration and ask.

@ Jurjen, I am looking for a police certificate from Croatia, cause that is the one I have to have here. I have asked Croatian embassy in Ottawa and it has to go through them, 50$ costs, 4 - 6 weeks of waiting..but I have to do it anyway so that is it. But thank you and everyone for a reply.
Thanks spring !!!

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Jurjen said:
@ Komar: sorry to read your story, it's indeed a terrible screw-up that they didn't ask you to clarify some things. Even though appeal is impossible, you still filed a serious complaint against the IO? Is something happening with the screw-up? It might show how stressed out the people are in rounding up applications as fast as possible to not let the waiting times rise any more. At least it's a great example for the people that still need to submit their package: look at every detail and see if it's possible to interpret it in a bad way. It's great that you filed for a new PR application though (was it possible for you to keep the previous sponsorship approval?) You are an example for us all!!
@ Jurjen: Thanks for your kind words! We were told that a file is not looked at again once a decision has been made on it and it is closed. We did what we could but eventually the only practicle way for us to move forward was to file another application. How we come up with the money is another story.

No we had to apply all over again for everything though we were told that the sponsorship part was approved in the first application.

@Material: Send the Representative Appointment form to remove your current rep so that you can check the status of your application yourself.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
komar said:
@ Jurjen: Thanks for your kind words! We were told that a file is not looked at again once a decision has been made on it and it is closed. We did what we could but eventually the only practicle way for us to move forward was to file another application. How we come up with the money is another story.

No we had to apply all over again for everything though we were told that the sponsorship part was approved in the first application.

@ Material: Send the Representative Appointment form to remove your current rep so that you can check the status of your application yourself.
Hey Komar !!

I have to send the Rep appointment form to the CIC office right? I think that he isnt taking our case seiriously and every time I ask him about something he barely explains to me what needs to be done.
From your personal experiance should I get another rep because ?not that I have the money for another Rep but Im worried now because when I filed the sponsorship applications I dont think he even looked at it

I can still request FOSS notes right (Im the sponsor) ? I sent the request today.

Whats the news on your case keep us updated wish u luck....

Thanks

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Komar:I'm so sorry to hear your story, it's just unbelievable, how could they refuse you just for those reasons they list and without giving a chance confirm; especially when Canada is well known as a country that supports/encourages human right. Honestly, I'm surprised that you send your application inland again, it really takes quite long, especially for you who has already waited that long. But it's personal choice, I can only say "good luck" to you.

On the other hand, I'm worried now after reading your post because my bf didn't update his marry status until yesterday, we knew nothing about it before you or others mentioned it. Now I'm fingers crossed.....

---------XXXXX----------- Sharing my ITN experience and Line 303 - Spouse or common-law partner amount

At first, I want to say thanks for people sharing the info here. It really helps me A LOT. Before reading your post, I was stuck with lacking SIN so I can't get my refund and then you guys save me. :-* :-*

We called CRA yesterday to update my bf's marital status and got some help to finish the form. I've been living with my bf since June, 2009, so the lady from CRA said that my bf can't claim me on 2009 paper but we can do it on 2010 paper. But CRA said, I don't need to apply ITN just for this. ???

Then, we called Service Canada to ask about ITN, it was quite funny that the one answered the phone didn't even know what it is. So we waited for 15 minutes then got a website to download the form.

T1261 Application for a Canada Revenue Agency Individual Tax Number (ITN) for Non-Residents
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1261/README.html

So I've done it and the lady from CRA said, I only need to send the copy of those documents they require, it's not necessary to send the original one.

I still apply for ITN because I was an international students here for 3 years, so my accountant asked me to get SIN for my refund (it's so strange, she never told me that I can apply ITN :mad: ). Besides that, I actually do not sure if I need it for my bf's tax refund. ::) ::)

Anyway, thanks for help.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Material said:
Hey Komar !!

I have to send the Rep appointment form to the CIC office right? I think that he isnt taking our case seiriously and every time I ask him about something he barely explains to me what needs to be done.
From your personal experiance should I get another rep because ?not that I have the money for another Rep but Im worried now because when I filed the sponsorship applications I dont think he even looked at it

I can still request FOSS notes right (Im the sponsor) ? I sent the request today.

Whats the news on your case keep us updated wish u luck....

Thanks
Hey Material,

Yes you will send your form to the local office where your application was transferred. Did you find out if it is Etobicok or Mississauga? If not send it to both to save time.

My experience with lawyers and immigration consultants in Canada is not a good one. If you want to get a copy of your application, check the 4th option in the Foss Request form where it says: in-canada file (FOSS included). This way you will get a copy of your original application with CIC.

If you are the sponsor, you will have to fill in the information of and signed by your spouse as they will not release one spouse's information to the other.

We are still waiting to hear from CIC. Thanks for you wishes!

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
AmandaHsu said:
Komar:I'm so sorry to hear your story, it's just unbelievable, how could they refuse you just for those reasons they list and without giving a chance confirm; especially when Canada is well known as a country that supports/encourages human right. Honestly, I'm surprised that you send your application inland again, it really takes quite long, especially for you who has already waited that long. But it's personal choice, I can only say "good luck" to you.

On the other hand, I'm worried now after reading your post because my bf didn't update his marry status until yesterday, we knew nothing about it before you or others mentioned it. Now I'm fingers crossed.....
I see that you had applied in Nov so you still have plenty of time to send updates. No need to worry, ours was just a very rare case. Hopefully, no one else will have to go through the same experience.

Have a happy long weekend everyone! :)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Love_Young said:
Oh okay. Silly me, I feel dumb about all of this. So do you mean it takes 3-4 months to be approved? Or 3-4 weeks? We were told by the CRA it would take about 12 weeks. Feels like such a long time. So would the end of tax season be anytime after April 30th? Would they automatically adjust his taxes if they find he is approved for the disability credit or is there a certain form for that? We would send the certificate ahead of time or would we send that with another form at the time he mails for the credit? Also, do I file for a separate return from hubby or not?

Sorry for all the questions but your advice is such a tremendous help to us. I have pretty much got everything figured out. Also, since as I file as a resident could I fill out a form online and then print it out and send it to Ontario? Ahhh....I promise I will stop. Lol.
Yes your hubby files his own return. You need to get the form T2201 for the disability tax credit, take it to his doctor and get the doctor to fill it out. Send it to the CRA. It will take about 3-4 months to approve. After it's approved you write a letter to CRA requesting them to adjust his returns for whichever years he is approved for the disability amount. Sign it, date it, and the adjustment will take about 6 weeks. Sometimes CRA will automatically adjust the return for you without you sending a letter, but they may not. So to be on the safe side send the letter. As for your online form question, you can fill out all the forms online, but you have to print them and mail them, all the forms go to CRA even the provincial forms. I don't mind the questions, it's what I do, and I am glad to help.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
i got my landing letter today!

my landing appointment is March 1st. in Etobicoke. letter is dated Feb 14.

> i gotta bring my original valid passport
> my sponsor
> 2 photos for each person on application - that would be me only

in letter it says that for my convenience, Service Canada representatives will be at this interview to assist me in obtaining new SIN. i have to bring my current SIN card there.

theres instructions for the photos included. photos have to be stamped at the back with the date when they were taken.

so yay! to me :)

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
Asta said:

> my sponsor

in letter it says that for my convenience, Service Canada representatives will be at this interview to assist me in obtaining new SIN. i have to bring my current SIN card there.

theres instructions for the photos included. photos have to be stamped at the back with the date when they were taken.

congrats asta! :)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Asta said:

> my sponsor

So excited for you Asta, I can only hope everyone's applications go as well as yours did. Congrats!!