Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Hey everyone. I called CIC this morning and they told me that my app got approved. They have sent out my approval letter with my OWP. I was so shocked that they sent out my OWP cuz I forgot to attach it to my pr application. I sent it weeks after. So she said that I should receive my letter this week or next week latest.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Junglist82 said:
Hey everyone. I called CIC this morning and they told me that my app got approved. They have sent out my approval letter with my OWP. I was so shocked that they sent out my OWP cuz I forgot to attach it to my pr application. I sent it weeks after. So she said that I should receive my letter this week or next week latest.
Congratulations!!! that's really a good news and pre-xmas gift from CIC.........am happy for u. :D :D :D ;D ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Junglist82 said:
Wow, congratulations! Look out 2011 applicants, here come your decisions soon. Can't wait for you all. :)
I hope everyone I have met here, I will see later on in the citizenship area too.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hi,Junglist 82. congratulations!! so glad for you!!

And guys i have a question, i redid my medical 2 months ago and i called cic just now. they said

the medical is already in the system. so does it mean that i have passed it or they have not even checked it?

thx guys!!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abc3896 said:
Hi,Junglist 82. congratulations!! so glad for you!!

And guys i have a question, i redid my medical 2 months ago and i called cic just now. they said

the medical is already in the system. so does it mean that i have passed it or they have not even checked it?

thx guys!!
with regards to medicals if there is a problem with it ,your doctor will inform you about it.am saying this because when i did my medicals my doctor told me that when there is problem he will call me if not i should be fine.i guess that you medicals is ok, dont worry you will be ok.good luck and stay positive.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
tozo said:
with regards to medicals if there is a problem with it ,your doctor will inform you about it.am saying this because when i did my medicals my doctor told me that when there is problem he will call me if not i should be fine.i guess that you medicals is ok, dont worry you will be ok.good luck and stay positive.
Thank you tozo! you have always been so nice!!!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
hey guys. Congratulations to those who have just received good news on their applications. every single step move is worth cheering.

I have a question (promise not as intense as before ;D):

my wife is looking for classes to improve her English. I know the government provides free ESL classes for new immigrants. but since she is not yet a PR receiver, does anyone know any other resources we could possibly use? she has been studying on her own but would like to be in a classroom environment to learn more efficiently. I'd appreciate it very much if someone could give a hint. Thanks a lot.

holiday season is around the corner. I wish everybody gets what they want, sooner or later.

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babyhangon said:
hey guys. Congratulations to those who have just received good news on their applications. every single step move is worth cheering.

I have a question (promise not as intense as before ;D):

my wife is looking for classes to improve her English. I know the government provides free ESL classes for new immigrants. but since she is not yet a PR receiver, does anyone know any other resources we could possibly use? she has been studying on her own but would like to be in a classroom environment to learn more efficiently. I'd appreciate it very much if someone could give a hint. Thanks a lot.

holiday season is around the corner. I wish everybody gets what they want, sooner or later.
hey guys, I hope you are Ok, I felt so good for you when I read you guys fixed the issues with the passport... About the ESL classes here in Edmonton ( and also in the States) there are ESL classes in elementary schools in the evenings, sometimes in the libraries too, I would say, check those local papers and they could have ESL like that, and usually those classes are free ( since we do not have PR it would be incredible expensive to pay tuition) Where do you guys live if you do not mind me asking?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Babyhangon said:
Check at the local library. Sometimes local organizations offer language courses for immigrants, often a lot of volunteers are involved, so the fee is very small, if any. I know I saw those adds all over the place in the library in Québec, so you might give it a try.

What helped my French: comic books! They're great for creating context for words. Help your wife find a series with a decent level of English. Not to hard, but a correct English, not too much slang. Eventually: don't let her watch any dubbed/subtitled movies, but she'll need a proper basis for that.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cangaceiro said:
Hi There i got update in my process today:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 10, 2011.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2011.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on December 9, 2011. The local CIC office may contact you.

I think this is not a "good news"!! What's that means?
Thank's!
Wow. I am sorry to hear that Cangaceiro. Do you think there could've been something fishy on your application that raised the officer's attention? Can you share a little more about your application + relationship with us, if you don't mind.

I had a couple of things that could have been a problem with my application, things like, age difference, same-sex relationship, being from Brazil(a developing country), but thankfully they were satisfied with my application.
We made sure to answer all the questions that could have raised during the process of assessing my application.

I am always sorry to hear about situation like yours, it must really suck.

Just stay strong and keep in mind that love ALWAYS prevails.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
giacanada said:
Actually, just because they transfer your application to the local office without AIP, doesn't mean they WILL interview you. I just received mine without an interview and it was transferred from Vegreville to the local office. So, hopefully you don't have to go for an interview! Good Luck!
Giacanada: I think your case is an isolated one.
From all the reading I have done during my imm. process, when they transfer an application to the local CIC office it is because they need further assessment. Also, this is on the CIC guides. They wouldn't transfer an application to local office if it didn't need an in-depth investigation.

I think Caganceiro and his partner, should get prepared for the interview. When I say "prepared" I don't mean to rehearsal questions that may come up and all that.
I mean that you guys should get all the evidences you have regarding you relationship, + supporting letters from friends and family(new ones if you have already sent them), everything that can prove your relationship is a legitimate one.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Mark_Anna said:
CEC, Theresa_Lynn, GiGi, Ocean.......June 2010 applicants
Nothing yet I don't know 8 months already over.....may be they want to treat our files according to new rules or what?!

The new regulation will impose a two-year period of conditional residency on foreign sponsored spouses and a five-year moratorium on their ...next marriage after divorce (If they divorce than)

“In a group of sheep & goats there are also hyenas now hunters are hunting for everybody”

“In a jungle wild fire green grass will burn with dry yellow grass”

I don't think that's the case 'cause I've been wit my common lawhusband for more than 4 years now so I wouldn't need to be put o wait for 2 yearsafter submitting the application.

Let's pray we will get the secondstage approval before christmas!!!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Since people are getting worked up about the interview, here's my piece of mind: don't be afraid. Probably some information is lacking or not clear enough. CIC agents are not there to make your life miserable, they're there to make sure you're an honest person. So don't make up stories during the interview, but always be frank. They'll know when you're lying and that will just work against you.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
It's so nice to hear so many good news here, congrats!! :D

For people who got some little problems or transferred, I feel sorry about it but please don't give it up, just fix the problem then you'll still reach it.

About myself, I've been being a little bit disappointed from yesterday after I got my Foss.
It showed that the BFD will be March 22, 2012 :-X and not show anything about RCMP or CSIS.
Does that mean I have to wait at least another 3.5 months? and I don't know why they haven't started doing background checking....
I don't know what I can do now...

Well, anyway, X'mas is coming, I hope everyone has been enjoying the X'mas shopping :D Also the weather is colder than colder, take good care.

leo_liu

Nov 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
21-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-02-2012
AmandaHsu said:
It's so nice to hear so many good news here, congrats!! :D

For people who got some little problems or transferred, I feel sorry about it but please don't give it up, just fix the problem then you'll still reach it.

About myself, I've been being a little bit disappointed from yesterday after I got my Foss.
It showed that the BFD will be March 22, 2010 :-X and not show anything about RCMP or CSIS.
Does that mean I have to wait at least another 3.5 months? and I don't know why they haven't started doing background checking....
I don't know what I can do now...

Well, anyway, X'mas is coming, I hope everyone has been enjoying the X'mas shopping :D Also the weather is colder than colder, take good care.
AmandaHsu, I feel your pain. just hanging there tight, we all pray for you.

Anyone who can explain more about this FOSS thing to me please? this is totally new to me and i have no idea how to get this FOSS. what FOSS is able to indicate ? Thanks everyone in advance. God, year 2010 is the year i will remember hard and forever....