+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
justina said:
Borrowdale, you are landing on December 15, correct? What does your letter for landing say? If it says you have to bring your spouse, then you have to bring your spouse. That way CIC can verify that you are still in the relationship and nothing has changed since you applied for PR. The landing location should not matter. Besides, wouldn't your spouse want to share in the final step of this arduous process? For our interview (as I mentioned before when I answered this question), both of us had to be there. I was told I would have to attend and to sign something, but did not actually have to do so. But I would have been there anyways, my husband was finally becoming a PR!!!

The question has been answered already in previous posts, not trying to be rude but you keep asking the same question, like the answer will change to one that you like.

Why is it a problem to bring your spouse to the interview? You said she was visiting family or something, but that was at least a week ago and you are not landing for another month. Just sayin......
justina, first of all, this question specifically was not ment for you, but for you but the person i asked . u dont u dare talk to me like that, if u dont have anything to say to me , then dont say anything to me at all,u get it????!!! if my question offends you, dont read it or answer it coz after all its not being asked of u!!! , yes i did ask u that before and im asking someone else now for different perspective if there is one. i can tell you r an extremely ignorant ,arrogant and beligerent person, why on earth would u say im "looking for a different answer"??? you dont know my personal situation, so dont just vomit words everywhere!!!!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Borrowdale, I think u need to relax a little. I don't think she meant it in a bad way

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
borrowdale said:
justina, first of all, this question specifically was not ment for you, but for you but the person i asked . u dont u dare talk to me like that, if u dont have anything to say to me , then dont say anything to me at all,u get it????!!! if my question offends you, dont read it or answer it coz after all its not being asked of u!!! , yes i did ask u that before and im asking someone else now for different perspective if there is one. i can tell you r an extremely ignorant ,arrogant and beligerent person, why on earth would u say im "looking for a different answer"??? you dont know my personal situation, so dont just vomit words everywhere!!!!
Hi Borrowdale I read in another forum that whether the sponsor needs to attend the landing interview depends on the local CIC office. Some offices do not require the attendance of the sponsor while others do. The letter you received from the local CIC office will clearly state if the sponsor/spouse is required to attend with you.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
angtao said:
Borrowdale, I think u need to relax a little. I don't think she meant it in a bad way
well just look at how she phrased her response. like really, i wasnt asking her, she had no place or reason to reply me like that, her choice of words are just appalling!!! and remember, i asked a question nicely, she roared back with a "wonderful " response, so how else would she expect me to reply that. she started right there and and she asked for it.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
canadiancitizen said:
Hi Borrowdale I read in another forum that whether the sponsor needs to attend the landing interview depends on the local CIC office. Some offices do not require the attendance of the sponsor while others do. The letter you received from the local CIC office will clearly state if the sponsor/spouse is required to attend with you.
great thanks,i appreciate it.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Jurjen said:
How are rented cars classified? And what about if I take the bus to the nearest town, I walk across the border and find a bus at the next town? What about a car borrowed from a friend/family member if he/she asked me to pay for the gas plus a bit extra (for writing it off), is that commercial?
Hum good questions... I believe a rented car is a commercial car, if you are borrowing a car from a family member or friend, make sure you have the vehicle registration and insurance paper... mmm if I was you, I would make your family member write an attestation type of letter where he/she declare that the vehicle is being lend to you, and that she/he may be contacted to xxx-xxx-xxxx ... like you do when you cross the border with young children without one of the parents...

HOWEVER... give me a day ... my friend works at the border, let me ask her... ok :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Babyhangon said:
anyone knows why CIC hasn't updated their timeline yet for this week? right now it still shows last update on Nov.9. normally they would update every Thursday or earlier like last week they did on Wed. :(
hehehhe CIC updated timeline is like relying in Wikipedia!!!

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
borrowdale said:
First of all, I am not extremely ignorant, arrogant or belligerent, and I do not have the habit of vomiting words everywhere. This forum is for people helping each other with immigration questions. As I stated in my post, I was not trying to be rude, I was just asking the question. Obviously it offended you so I apologize. I was not trying to offend. You were looking for information, and I was trying to help you by providing some information. I was most certainly NOT "roaring" as you say I was.

However, you state in your response that you asked me before and now you are looking for a different perspective so asking someone else. Isn't that kind of the same thing as looking for a different answer? Obviously I don't know your personal situation. Why do you think I was asking questions? I was also stating what CIC usually requires for inland landing interviews. There is no need to get angry with me for that.

It seems like I struck a nerve with my questions. Don't know why. Don't answer them, it doesn't matter. No need to be rude. I was just trying to help, like everyone else on this forum.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
justina said:
First of all, I am not extremely ignorant, arrogant or belligerent, and I do not have the habit of vomiting words everywhere. This forum is for people helping each other with immigration questions. As I stated in my post, I was not trying to be rude, I was just asking the question. Obviously it offended you so I apologize. I was not trying to offend. You were looking for information, and I was trying to help you by providing some information. I was most certainly NOT "roaring" as you say I was.

However, you state in your response that you asked me before and now you are looking for a different perspective so asking someone else. Isn't that kind of the same thing as looking for a different answer? Obviously I don't know your personal situation. Why do you think I was asking questions? I was also stating what CIC usually requires for inland landing interviews. There is no need to get angry with me for that.

It seems like I struck a nerve with my questions. Don't know why. Don't answer them, it doesn't matter. No need to be rude. I was just trying to help, like everyone else on this forum.

you should proof read what u write before you post it on ,have u ever heard of the saying its the impression u give that matters the most? see, even if u didnt mean like that, thats how it came out and u wil be judged accordingly. i accept yo apology, and i hope you think twice before u post something on, read it and see if it offends someone or not coz yeah, u wil get a nasty response back.

im not looking for an answer that i "like" as u put it before, im looking for different perspectives on this issue coz everyone has a different experiance with the same immigration situation. u r saying im not satisfied with one answer so u think im fishing for an answer that i "like".obviously i cant turn immigration regulations to what i would "like" them to be, thats completely ridiculous, right there that was an insult from u .

i asked someone esle a question nicely and u came out at me like that. so yeah, ofcourse im gonna come back at u like that coz u r just asking for it. you strike a nerve with your questions coz u dont know how to ask a question. u insert some kind of rudeness in it, by belittling the individual in a way, some kind of superiority that u display and u look beligerent coz of that. thats why im saying check yo post before u actually post it on coz u end up like this, its good to help, but mind your language.

Junglist82

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
CIC updatethis morning. December 5th. Not a big jump but I guess it will do. Hope everyone in the 2010 thread gets approved soon.

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Last update: November 16, 2011 (working on applications received on December 5, 2010)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
How are rented cars classified? And what about if I take the bus to the nearest town, I walk across the border and find a bus at the next town? What about a car borrowed from a friend/family member if he/she asked me to pay for the gas plus a bit extra (for writing it off), is that commercial?
Commercial vehicle is bus, train, airplane, cruise ship, ferry, etc. I've read other threads where there have been some sort of issues with rental cars but I really can't recall the issues or why. You might want to search it out.

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
borrowdale said:
Haven't been here in a while but seeing this belligerent person's comment, I felt I had to comment. Get over yourself borrowdale! Have you ever seen people spitting fire in this thread or vomiting words everywhere like you say? Why don't you just join the Moroccan thread, you will get all the cat fight's you want there. If all of us were to reply the way you did to people trying to help, it would simply be pathetic. This is the internet - there is no way of telling how someone meant to respond to you. Observe the way Justina responded to you and pick a leaf. I have had a couple of comments myself that I could have interpreted the same way you did - even from love_young herself. Don't embarrass our nice young lady love_young by trash talking in her thread. This is a positive thread, any negativity might prolong wait times. nuff said.

For all the other friendly faces,,,I'm still waiting for 2nd stage. 3.5 months now. Good luck to you all.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
As iluvcanada77 said, this is a positive thread. It has helped and is helping so many of us with our long and often frustrating immigration experiences.

This is a public forum. Anyone can respond to anyone else's comments. If you have a question you only want a specific person to answer, that is what the private messaging is for.

Tone can easily be misconstrued, especially in written communication. We all come from different places and have different experiences, so one person can take offense where the next would not. Canada is often referred to as a melting pot - I have always seen this as a good thing. After living abroad for a few years, that helped me readjust to life in Canada.

I guess I will think twice before taking my time to try and help others with my/my friends immigration experiences .... no one else has taken offense to my posts before. The anger being directed towards me by one poster is pretty sad to see.