Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Jurgen, I did not write my client I'd number on the outside bubble envelope. I only wrote it on the paper envelop inside the package.

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Hey mexicanito,

Looks like its AIP! Congrats! ;) Did your ecas included the statement below where they mentioned when they sent out the letter to you?

We sent you a letter on [DATE] to xxxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

mexicanito said:
Hey everybody,
I was just checking my Ecas two minutes ago and I saw this update...

In Process,

We received your application for permanent residence on November 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 31, 2010.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

*Does this mean I have AIP?

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
twchu said:
Hey mexicanito,

Looks like its AIP! Congrats! ;) Did your ecas included the statement below where they mentioned when they sent out the letter to you?

We sent you a letter on [DATE] to xxxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
Hi! thanks... well I hope is AIP, it does not say anything about a letter being sent at all, just a new line saying "A decision has been made and you will be contacted"... so l hope it is AIP and not local office or something weird hehehe... l just wonder what does ecas say when an app is decline??? I do not think our will be... but you never know with CIC hehehehe

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
From what i read on the forum, ecas is known to be slow in their updates... Well, i think its better u call CIC tomm to check if there is any update on your application. Probably good news awaiting for u.. hehe ;)

mexicanito said:
Hi! thanks... well I hope is AIP, it does not say anything about a letter being sent at all, just a new line saying "A decision has been made and you will be contacted"... so l hope it is AIP and not local office or something weird hehehe... l just wonder what does ecas say when an app is decline??? I do not think our will be... but you never know with CIC hehehehe

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
mexicanito said:
Congratulations mexicanito, you got first stage approval. The line you got means you got AIP so don't worry about that. If you didn't get it, it would also say below that they transferred your file to your local office. The only time it will say they sent you a letter is if the finalization of your application is complete and they approved for second stage approval. It shouldn't be too far behind though.

Also, if they were even doubting giving you approval they would have transferred your application to local office where you would have to wait for an actual interview then after that they would tell you whether you were approved for AIP or not. You have been approved though so do not worry. Congrats again. ;D

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Seems like CIC kinda slowed down again because of the long weekend... :(

Love_Young said:
Congratulations mexicanito, you got first stage approval. The line you got means you got AIP so don't worry about that. If you didn't get it, it would also say below that they transferred your file to your local office. The only time it will say they sent you a letter is if the finalization of your application is complete and they approved for second stage approval. It shouldn't be too far behind though.

Also, if they were even doubting giving you approval they would have transferred your application to local office where you would have to wait for an actual interview then after that they would tell you whether you were approved for AIP or not. You have been approved though so do not worry. Congrats again. ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
twchu said:
Seems like CIC kinda slowed down again because of the long weekend... :(
Don't worry the second stage is also dependent on the personal case itself. If they have slowed down again, don't worry they will spend up before Christmas. They generally speed up again before they go on Christmas break.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
angtao said:
Jurjen, I did not write my client I'd number on the outside bubble envelope. I only wrote it on the paper envelop inside the package.
Also write it outside, otherwise they might not open the envelope immediately and it will disappear in a 2-months queue!

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mexicanito said:
Hey everybody,
I was just checking my Ecas two minutes ago and I saw this update...

In Process,

We received your application for permanent residence on November 18, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 31, 2010.

*Does this mean I have AIP?
Feliciaciones Mexicanito! Onward to the next step! Please spare a positive thought that mine will come soon.

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
californiajeninca said:
Feliciaciones Mexicanito! Onward to the next step! Please spare a positive thought that mine will come soon.
I am very sure yours will be coming soon, hehehehe it feels so good to be in this side of the line hehehehe, we even called CIC last Thursday because we were getting so close to the 11 month mark and we had no news and the agent said he did't see anything new, we were kind of sad for the most part of the weekend and we check ecas like 5 times a day hehehe and un sunday around afternoon it was there... that beautiful new line on ecas hehehehe, I could wait as long as they want for second stage, I was more concerned about 1st stage for the OWP which we did not sent at the beginning of the process for some reason... but I heard it takes like 50-60 days so... I am cool with that

Thanks everyone !!!!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Pfffff... Did I already mention before that I HATE bureaucracy and laws?
I was just on the phone with the Quebec health insurance and accidentally mentioned that I didn't terminate my dutch health insurance. Since I already gave the woman my SIN and health insurance number, I had to try as hard as I could (in French, so my third language) to convince her that I'm in an impossible situation with regard to health insurance in which I had to choose which laws not to respect fully: either the dutch health insurance law, the quebec health insurance law or the canadian immigration law. Since they just assume that the whole world revolves around their law, they never expect that some laws in other countries might not be compatible with theirs, making life impossible for immigrants.

My situation: I was covered by my dutch health insurance, by immigration law I need to be covered by some health insurance, if I'm no longer covered, I can get kicked out of the country. So I have a nice open work permit, but the dutch health insurance law states that as soon as I work abroad, I must notify the insurance so that the contract can be ended. So I called to ask why. The insurance answered: because the laws says that if you work abroad, you'll get a local health insurance. That works for the European Union, but Québec states that I cannot get a local insurance with an open work permit, even if I work and I want to be insured. Answer: then Québec is wrong, they need to comply with our law. (Doesn't such an answer make you instantly cross-eyed?)
So I never told my insurance that I worked during my stay in Canada (for all they know, I'm just a rich tourist). In order to unsubscribe, I would need proof that I'm subscribed somewhere else.

So I finally am covered by the RAMQ since this month. Just called to check out how things work with the prescription drugs and if I'm covered, so that I'm sure that I can terminate my dutch insurance. So this woman says that I was not allowed to even register with the insurance. Since I had another insurance, they require me to stay subscribed with that one. The RAMQ is only meant for people that can't get any other insurance. So I explained that I can't stay subscribed there. She states that I had to unsubscribe in the Netherlands before subscribing in Québec. So I explain further that I can only unsubscribe if I have proof of subscription somewhere else. So she continues that I should stay subscribed in the Netherlands. So I explain her that I'm already risking being sued for a whole bunch of money if the dutch insurance and government find out I've been working here without telling them. So she says that RAMQ can now sue me for not following their Québec law. So I start explaining all the way from the beginning that I can't please every single law over the world and that these laws force me to breach at least one of them and that I never intended to do that to profit from it, but just to simply be able to be covered at all by some insurance and not running into trouble in my own medical situation. Pfffffff.... After 15 minutes she finally understood.

Dealing with governments is exhausting!

billybob

Sep 14, 2011
Great news!

Today we got both letters approving me for both stages!

"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Center in OSHAWA, ON will contact you concerning your permenent resident status."

Does anyone have any information on current waiting times for the Oshawa office? And interview procedures etc?

Thanks!

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
I was just on the phone with the Quebec health insurance and accidentally mentioned that I didn't terminate my dutch health insurance. Since I already gave the woman my SIN and health insurance number, I had to try as hard as I could (in French, so my third language) to convince her that I'm in an impossible situation with regard to health insurance in which I had to choose which laws not to respect fully: either the dutch health insurance law, the quebec health insurance law or the canadian immigration law. Since they just assume that the whole world revolves around their law, they never expect that some laws in other countries might not be compatible with theirs, making life impossible for immigrants.

My situation: I was covered by my dutch health insurance, by immigration law I need to be covered by some health insurance, if I'm no longer covered, I can get kicked out of the country. So I have a nice open work permit, but the dutch health insurance law states that as soon as I work abroad, I must notify the insurance so that the contract can be ended. So I called to ask why. The insurance answered: because the laws says that if you work abroad, you'll get a local health insurance. That works for the European Union, but Québec states that I cannot get a local insurance with an open work permit, even if I work and I want to be insured. Answer: then Québec is wrong, they need to comply with our law. (Doesn't such an answer make you instantly cross-eyed?)
So I never told my insurance that I worked during my stay in Canada (for all they know, I'm just a rich tourist). In order to unsubscribe, I would need proof that I'm subscribed somewhere else.

So I finally am covered by the RAMQ since this month. Just called to check out how things work with the prescription drugs and if I'm covered, so that I'm sure that I can terminate my dutch insurance. So this woman says that I was not allowed to even register with the insurance. Since I had another insurance, they require me to stay subscribed with that one. The RAMQ is only meant for people that can't get any other insurance. So I explained that I can't stay subscribed there. She states that I had to unsubscribe in the Netherlands before subscribing in Québec. So I explain further that I can only unsubscribe if I have proof of subscription somewhere else. So she continues that I should stay subscribed in the Netherlands. So I explain her that I'm already risking being sued for a whole bunch of money if the dutch insurance and government find out I've been working here without telling them. So she says that RAMQ can now sue me for not following their Québec law. So I start explaining all the way from the beginning that I can't please every single law over the world and that these laws force me to breach at least one of them and that I never intended to do that to profit from it, but just to simply be able to be covered at all by some insurance and not running into trouble in my own medical situation. Pfffffff.... After 15 minutes she finally understood.

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you Jurjen :-( Maybe talking to your mp? Please don't think me ignorant, I know Quebec has different laws than Ontario so I'm not sure what your local politician is. Perhaps you need to get an English to Moron dictionary if all else fails. I have a feeling that woman you were talking to was just being a C (bleep bleep bleep) because you know how beurocrats with even an iota of "power" feel the need to try to intimidate those on the low end of the pecking order. I hope it all gets resolved in your favor.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:

i hate bureucracy and laws too(especially stupid ones) even if I'M a pretty honest person and usually create no trouble to people whatsoever(no violence, no theft, no breach of laws) but i still hate laws don't like anybody to bother me....if we live in society unfortunately people are bothered costantly by these things and sometimes to an extent that makes us think we live in a sort of prison....that's the system designed to control and make people feel controlled and taken care of. some people, in a way, are sort of happy to be taken care of and some others (like us) are just waiting for the moment to get out of it....or if we have to live in this society we tend not to want to bother with telling the government about our trips, change of addresses etc.
take me for example: this is the 3 rd country i live in
1)Italy(where i am from)
2)Argentina
3)Canada
i never told the italian government that i went to live first to argentina and then to canada. i never used my italian health card so far...Luckily....
i never had a health coverage in argentina because i was an employer( i was paying for my employees but i had no right of having one myself....only private if i wished...go figure)
i don't think you could be sued by the dutch govt if you never used your dutch health card, no?because they didnt spend money for you...but maybe you talk about taxes matters too. in italy there are some reciprocal country laws that permit a resident to work and have residence in different countries and if taxes are paid in 1 country they dont tax you in the other one. argentina and italy had one i think italy has one with canada too but im not sure....you should check what happens with the dutch, you may be pleasantly surprised......
i think you can have the quebec insurance because you are a resident or will become a resident of quebec. i have never heard of the thing you talked about in ur post(not being able to have 2 insurances in 2 different countries.....but anyway what i have learnt with the government that is always better to leave the things as they are and sometimes to be ignorant about some laws or to pretend not to know....lighter to live like that....but when you know it is sort of difficult not think about it.....we cannot think of every single law or regulation that happens in the country we live in, and even if it is possible i don't think it is good....

AnnaLin

Aug 18, 2011
Last week, I got all DMs in sponsor's and applicant's eCAS. And later I received a letter to sponsor saying the requirement of sponsorship had been met.
Today, I got another letter to applicant, saying the eligibility requirement to apply for permanent resident has been met and background check etc will still need to be done.

Is it AIP only?????????????????????????

Or am I going to receive another letter?

So confused. Somebody help please.

Applicant's eCAS:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on April 1, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We sent you a letter on October 5, 2011 to ===== about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Sponsor's eCAS:

We received your application to sponsor NAME on November 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 5, 2011.

We sent you a letter on October 5, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

AND

We received NAME's application for permanent residence on November 15, 2010.

We started processing NAME's application on December 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information from NAME on April 1, 2011.

A decision has been made and NAME will be contacted.

We sent NAME a letter on October 5, 2011 to ======= about the decision on the application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.