+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

billybob

Sep 14, 2011
tozo said:
CONGRATULATIONS .billyboy........this is combo .you got approved for both first and second stages...... now your local office will contact you for your landing interview:D :D :D :D :D
Thanks tozo, I am curious, how do you know this from the text I posted? I haven't received any letters yet, and I haven't been asked for a police check from my home country (the application stated NOT to submit one with the application for my country).

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
billybob said:
Thanks tozo, I am curious, how do you know this from the text I posted? I haven't received any letters yet, and I haven't been asked for a police check from my home country (the application stated NOT to submit one with the application for my country).
billybob,from the text you posted you have been approved for PR so just wait patiently for your letters and hopefully you will receive then by Friday.

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
2 question
1. how long are medicals good for? did my when I submitted my app last April 2010 got AIP Dec 2010, how do I know when I need to re do medical?

2. when I got my AIP in Dec 2010, went and got my OHIP health card that expires for a year (March 2012), if I still don't get my 2nd stage approval by March 2012 do I simply get renewed for another year or until I hear something back regarding my 2nd stage?

thanks

moony

Oct 10, 2011
tozo said:
congratulations Moony,you got first stage approval that was why you just received your OWP.You just have some patience for the second stage but its depends on each case.the second stage is up to 9 months.hopefully you will not get to that time to be approved.may i ask whats kind of document they requested from you. ;D ;D
First and second time they requested my work history, my study history and where did I live for last 10 years till now. The same like in applications. And about last one I have no idea. They didn't requested anything and I didn't send anything. It is worried me a little bit. I'd like to ask you something. Is it normal that my on-line status still is "in process"? Does it mean there was no updating for some time?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
oceans_end said:
1. how long are medicals good for? did my when I submitted my app last April 2010 got AIP Dec 2010, how do I know when I need to re do medical?
12 months, if I'm not mistaken. Under certain conditions, you can prolong the validity of the medical exams. Call CIC to make sure!

oceans_end said:
2. when I got my AIP in Dec 2010, went and got my OHIP health card that expires for a year (March 2012), if I still don't get my 2nd stage approval by March 2012 do I simply get renewed for another year or until I hear something back regarding my 2nd stage?
2nd stage that's still pending will probably not influance your OHIP subscription, otherwise you couldn't get it at first stage approval. It's fairly possible you need to actively renew your health card anyway. Call OHIP beginning of February to make sure and not be caught by surprise.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
ppmmwanm said:
Cause this is not a new application, it just an update information. I want them add this to my file .My question is "Do I need to write something on the envelope?",or just mail it to CPC
You'll need to mail it to the same address (the mailroom will figure it out), but be sure to write IMPORTANT: PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP. Make sure you have a clear cover letter with an explanation why this is so important, your client ID#, signature, your mailing address and telephone number in the header, maybe your date of birth somewhere (typical security questions).

Call CIC to verify if you need to renew the forms on which you entered your passport number.

moony

Oct 10, 2011
It's me again :) It's funny. If I read more information here on this site I have more questions.
1. How to understand the date when I received AIP - is it the date when I received letter which said I can apply for work permit or is it the date when I received this work permit? I'm asking because I'd like to know when has this 9 month waiting period started? Waiting is killing...
2. When my application has to be transferred to local office and how will I know about this?
3. What is the FOSS notes? And how to receive it?
Sorry for so many question, but if somebody can answer me I'll be very appreciate.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
moony said:
It's me again :) It's funny. If I read more information here on this site I have more questions.
1. How to understand the date when I received AIP - is it the date when I received letter which said I can apply for work permit or is it the date when I received this work permit? I'm asking because I'd like to know when has this 9 month waiting period started? Waiting is killing...
First stage approval = AiP. At this point you will receive your OWP if you applied for it.

moony said:
2. When my application has to be transferred to local office and how will I know about this?
You will receive a letter, typically the same letter that brings the news of second stage approval.

moony said:
3. What is the FOSS notes? And how to receive it?
It's similar to the CAIPS notes, which are for outland (if that rings a bell?) It's a more detailed paper of the eCas. It shows all the information of what's going on with your file. There's a FOSS notes request form on the CIC website (use the search field). Be careful: if you fill in the form the wrong way, your going back to the start of the waiting line! For more details also have a look on: http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hi everybody!!!

I have a question. I went this morning to get my health card of Ontario and the girl who attended me said that I would get the health card in 3 months because It is 3 months since I get my work permit. It doesn't matter that I have been living in ontario for more than a year. Is this correct? Has anyone gotten the health card in Ontario?

Cheers!

moony

Oct 10, 2011
pepe261 said:
Hi everybody!!!

I have a question. I went this morning to get my health card of Ontario and the girl who attended me said that I would get the health card in 3 months because It is 3 months since I get my work permit. It doesn't matter that I have been living in ontario for more than a year. Is this correct? Has anyone gotten the health card in Ontario?

Cheers!
I received OWP recently and I applied for health card. I've been told I will receive my card by mail at the date after 3 month from the date of OWP

moony

Oct 10, 2011
Jurjen said:
First stage approval = AiP. At this point you will receive your OWP if you applied for it.
You will receive a letter, typically the same letter that brings the news of second stage approval.
It's similar to the CAIPS notes, which are for outland (if that rings a bell?) It's a more detailed paper of the eCas. It shows all the information of what's going on with your file. There's a FOSS notes request form on the CIC website (use the search field). Be careful: if you fill in the form the wrong way, your going back to the start of the waiting line! For more details also have a look on:
Thank you very much :)

billybob

Sep 14, 2011
tozo said:
billybob,from the text you posted you have been approved for PR so just wait patiently for your letters and hopefully you will receive then by Friday.
Thanks again. I don't want to question what you say - because it sounds like great news! I would like to know though, how we can tell from the messages in ecas whether it is just AIP, or PR approval, or a refusal etc. To the unwise among us they all surely look the same in ecas?

For instance, the ecas update I received, could easily also have been, for example, a refusal due to a failed medical (medical results have been received) and then (a decision has been made and you will be contacted).

Maybe the people here with more experience than me could give a summary of what the ecas updates mean?

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
moony said:
I received OWP recently and I applied for health card. I've been told I will receive my card by mail at the date after 3 month from the date of OWP
Thank Moony, now I don't understand why the only proove of residency that health Ontario accepts is the VISA and not the driver license and other documents such as bank statements, etc...
Did anybody else have a different experience?

Pepe

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
You'll need to mail it to the same address (the mailroom will figure it out), but be sure to write IMPORTANT: PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP. Make sure you have a clear cover letter with an explanation why this is so important, your client ID#, signature, your mailing address and telephone number in the header, maybe your date of birth somewhere (typical security questions).

Call CIC to verify if you need to renew the forms on which you entered your passport number.
I am so appreciate your helping. :-*

moony

Oct 10, 2011
pepe261 said:
Thank Moony, now I don't understand why the only proove of residency that health Ontario accepts is the VISA and not the driver license and other documents such as bank statements, etc...
Did anybody else have a different experience?

Pepe
My proove of residency was the driver license. It is in Ontario Health Insurance Coverage Document List.