05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
CHLOE said:
hi people i called cic to ask question regarding the application.i am actually ou t of status already and started doing the inland application .so when i called and spoke with him for 5 minutes ,he asked me for my client id inwhich i hung upbecause i was wafraid i will be caught..
so what do u want to ask the officer regarding ur application? if u out of status u have to request restoration of status together with ur application.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering are we suppose to print and fill up Appendix A and B for the police certificate requests or is it okay to submit the originals with the application forms? I submitted my originals since I already have it. Please let me know if I had a mistake, or should I send the Appendix A and B. Thanks

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Asta said:
they start processing applications after 2-3 months, so its what.. 8-12 weeks. then first stage approval takes 9 months, and then other stage - depends. so gotta know and consider that before applying inland.

i didnt want to apply outland, because i didnt want to go home n stay separately from my husband if there would be a need - interview, or no extension of visa. now i have AIP, waiting for my OWP, and i dont care anymore how long it will take. most important - im with my husband :)
Yes it takes two to three months to start processing but you don't tag on another nine months until AIP. You only have to wait 5-6 more months after it starts processing to get AIP. They start counting 8-9 months from the day it is received not when it starts processing. Just wanted to clear that up.

toxicair

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Asta said:
hi, i have maybe stupid question, cause i dont know.. but can u renew ur passport earlier than expiration date? for example, can u go today and ask to renew ur passport explaining that u have to travel and u wont be back on january 23 etc?

or once i lost my passport, i went to make new one, there is fast way to do it and need to pay more for it. then u would have new passport. at the end i found my lost passport later. but i didnt need it anymore. so maybe if they cant renew ur passport right now, maybe u can say that u lost it? and u need new one. would that work?

or maybe u can renew ur passport being in Canada. need to send it by mail or by ur country embassy in Canada?

how long does ur single entry visa lets u stay in Canada? does it say on ur visa? i dont know how it looks like cause i dont need visa to enter Canada. so never saw any. only my visitor stay extension, which states when i have to leave.

also maybe u will be able to marry in such short time. but u wont get marriage certificate so fast. mine took 6 weeks to arrive. and when we got marriage license same day we applied, we had to choose wedding day starting a day after 2 weeks. i dont know if its 2 weeks waiting period in Ontario, or was it a line for weddings for 2 weeks.

hope that helps.
Hi
My passport is valid for another 9 years. Its just my TRV that has an expiration date of the 23rd Jan. I spoke to a guy on here and a few others who told me that that is not when I am supposed to leave the country. but only the date where by I need to enter the country. He said I can stay for 6 months unless an officer tells me otherwise at the port of entry. Is this true??
I really hope it is :(

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
Hi Chloe,

You didn;t have to hang up. They can't do anything to you. My husband was out of status when we applied for him. As long as your married andd you have an application in process or are about to send one like yourself you are okay. Don't worry about it. By law and it says on the application you are allowed to stay here until your appication has reached a final decision.

Hope this helps

CHLOE said:
hi people i called cic to ask question regarding the application.i am actually ou t of status already and started doing the inland application .so when i called and spoke with him for 5 minutes ,he asked me for my client id inwhich i hung upbecause i was wafraid i will be caught..

toxicair

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Vincywife said:
Hi Chloe,

You didn;t have to hang up. They can't do anything to you. My husband was out of status when we applied for him. As long as your married andd you have an application in process or are about to send one like yourself you are okay. Don't worry about it. By law and it says on the application you are allowed to stay here until your appication has reached a final decision.

Hope this helps
Hi Vincywife

Are you saying that its okay to apply for inland after your TRV has expired, if you're married to a canadian that is of course?

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Hello, would somebody know if we could apply OUTLAND eventhough the applicant is already here in Canada? I submitted my documents as INLAND in Vegreville but I am just wondering if I should do the outland instead since it only takes lesser wait than the inland. Thanks

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is okay to apply outland, even if you are in Canada now. However, since you already submitted the inland application, I think you would have to go through the process of canceling it before you could submit an outland application. Perhaps someone who has done that would be better able than me to advise on the process.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I just wanted to say thanks everyone for liking the chart and the link I posted. I am just trying to help all of you out and encourage you every step of the way. You are like family to me here. Also thanks to people who updated there timeline, I will update the chart either tonight or tomorrow.

Also, Vincywife, I did get the inbox message and I saw that you wanted to be added to the chart however I am trying to keep to the title of the thread which is for applications sent to Vegreville in 2010. I just added the one member that was in December because her application was sent a couple of days to the 2010 new year. Please though don't leave. You are very important to this thread and I still welcome you here as does everyone else. I am just trying to keep the chart itself for applications sent in 2010 so we get a better example of how everyones app this year has done plus I feel everyone can relate better with other members that sent their app inland if they realize they sent theirs close to another members. Makes them feel hopeful more.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends

is all inland applicant have an interview ? My lawyer told me this.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hello pmary,
No not all inland applicants need an interview. You may need an interview if they suspect your relationship isn't genuine, they need to clear up some things on the application, or there are things in your criminal background to be concerned about. Most inland applications if straight forward and provided with good evidence, should avoid an interview. Now every PR applicant, whether applying inland or outland, has to go for a "landing" interview to officially become a PR. However, this isn't really an interview more just them confirming the information on your documents are correct and them collecting any final immigration fees from you.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Love_Young

Thanks for your reply .
where will "landing" interview take place ? For example if I send my application to Buffalo , is it take place in US . or is it take place in Canada Board ?

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
To love young,
I thought you would know.
If application sent inland, to be able to get OWP after 10 mos (is this right?) or more, would we need an LMO or valid work permit/visa to have OWP? Thanks.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
pmary said:
Dear Love_Young

Thanks for your reply .
where will "landing" interview take place ? For example if I send my application to Buffalo , is it take place in US . or is it take place in Canada Board ?
if u doing inland, u have to send it only to Vegreville, Alberta Canada. all inland applications are being sent there. landing interview will take place closest to ur living place.
u have to read more inland application guide so that u wouldnt do mistakes.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I submit more supporting documents between I get my file number and I receive my AOR ?

Because my husband want to fill the tax 2010 on January , and my police certificate from my country will be ready on April .

If I sent my application now , can I send these documents on April or May ?

Thanks in advance