Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
ditta: :-* Thank you! You're awesome as well. Everyone here is.

To my fellow inlanders: I don't know if some of you have seen this page on the CIC site but I will post a link at the bottom of this message. I ran across a part that said this fact, "All the APRs for in-Canada processing are received through CPC-V. Approximately 80% of in-Canada processed APR approval decisions are made at CPC-V. The remaining 20% are referred to local (inland) offices according to established referral criteria. The referred files normally require a more detailed follow-up or an interview with the applicant." By the way APR stands for Application for Permanent Residence. That is right though, you did read that correct, most of our cases will get AIP at Vegreville but only a few need referral and in some cases they just need more detailed info then they have time for. So being transferred does not automatically mean interview or that they doubt your relationship. So I think if you are like me, you will find some comfort in knowing this.

Here is the link from where I got this info. I thought you all would find it interesting as well. :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/audit/inland_perm_res.asp#observations%20idobservations

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Thanks Love_Young for the updated chart and the link above, interesting read so far. Will take a while lol :)

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Thoughtful and positive, reliable info as always love_young. Good morning :)

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
Hey Love Ive tried to add my info to the chart before by sending a PM I guess that wasn't too effective...lol...Here's my info

App Rcvd - Dec 14th 2009
Started Processing - Feb 26th 2010
AIP - Sept 10th 2010

Still Waiting app @ Vegreville....*Fingers Crossed* Our backgrounds are taking forever

toxicair

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Hi there!

I am at the moment in desperate need of advice and help. Here is my story and my situation in a nutshell. I can only hope that you will take the time and message me back with ANY advice..I will try keeping it short but please be patient with me if it's long...

Okay, I am from South Africa, Cape Town. Met my fiance online early last year. Started dating in October last year. Got engaged in June (when I landed at the airport). I had to leave in July and its been the hardest time of my life. I applied for another single entry visa to visit my fiance again in Manitoba by presenting the reason "visiting my friend". I will be leaving next week on the 9th. The plan was for me to go and then we get married and do spousal sponsorship from inside (my friend said hers took 8 months). Which all sounded well and everything but now of course the bloody last few days, something pops up.

The reason I am asking all this now is because I only got my passport yesterday and then I saw the expiration date is January 23rd. I had to present a itinerary saying that the 23rd was my return date. I did not purchase that ticket though because they do advise you to wait until you got your visa. So then after waiting from the 23rd November until today, that ticket's price went up, drastically. So I ended up buying a different ticket which also leaves the 9th December but returns the 4th of February because I couldn't find something reasonably priced returning that same day. Anyway, It wasn't really a point of concern because the plan was for me to not return here (I can't anyway due to family problems).

Last time I got my visa it said the expiration date was 6 months later. So I was concerned. I did however come across a topic "How long I am allowed to stay in Canada? (very confused) "
that states that you can still stay 6 months unless the officer at point of entry specifically instructs you on your length of stay. So now I'm hoping the officer in Amsterdam doesn't say anything coz if he did that would totally break me. Thing is, if I am not allowed to stay there for 6 months legally, I will have to apply to extend my stay for reasons being that we got married and have a PR application in process OR just simply "to explore relationship" (I read that this worked for a lot of cases). But here is where the issue comes in. Is there a time I have to wait before we can get married in Manitoba? I read that in other provinces you have to wait like 20 days or so. I cant find any info on this though. We're both in our early 20's and I just left university to be with him.

*Which would you suggest we do if it comes down to me not being able to stay longer than the 23rd of January?..
*Also what is your knowledge regarding the issue of the 6 month stay? I asked a few people and read that the time validation on your visa is but only the time you are allowed to stay but you can still stay for 6 months unless the officers state otherwise where you enter Canada..

So now all these scenarios pop up in my head and I don't know what to think of it. My time is limited because what I am doing right now is preparing for the worst which in this case is me only being able to stay there from the 9th till the 23rd January. So in that short period of time we have to get married, get a marriage license, apply for extension of my TRV (I am aware that it needs to happen at least 30 days prior to the expiration date). I am aware that if I apply for extension and my visa then expires I will be under "implied status" until they let me know of their decision. If they approve everything will be perfect. If not, omg I don't even know.. But I am aware that I will be taking a chance to just stay then and miss my flight back but I honestly have no intention on coming back and I will have no where to stay either..

After typing this I just realized how stressed out I am.. I don't know what to do right now. I need some guidance and I have no one to turn to. I know PR application will cost about $1040 and an extension will be $75.

*If they deny my extension then I know there's something like "restoration of status" that I could apply for too right?
*Should the extension application be sent with the PR?
*Also I heard that one can also send a work permit application? do you need to have a job offer for that?

Sorry for all my questions. Please though, if you can assist me with ANY advice I will really appreciate it so much! If there is anything that I need to know or anything like what to do or steps I'm missing out on or you would like to help me with, Please tell me. I know you are in the same situation more or less and I know you're tired of the skype calls all day long and the emails and pictures and so.. We all want to be with the one we love the most, but when you can, please reply to me. I will sit here and wait.

CHLOE

Jun 15, 2010
hi people i called cic to ask question regarding the application.i am actually ou t of status already and started doing the inland application .so when i called and spoke with him for 5 minutes ,he asked me for my client id inwhich i hung upbecause i was wafraid i will be caught..

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
THanks for all the effort and research Love_young.. the chart is great!

brightsage

Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2nd. 2K10
Med's Done....
March 2nd. 2K10
Tuggie said:
Brightsage,

Call me suspicious, but since it has been almost 9 months since they received your file, I really wonder if this is just a stall tactic because they haven't finished processing your file yet and it will ruin their statistics if they have to admit your original file was complete.

I hope all goes well for you.

Tuggie
thanks Tuggie..yes it all seems suspicious to me..as i said i rechecked my copy of the application and all the info they requested was sent in with the original application.....all clear color copies...cover sheets explaining what each document was etc etc....so no chance they couldn't tell what was in each section of the app .....but we soldier on...Lol;;

Love young...thanks for all the hard work setting up and updating your chart.....for clarity purposes they stated in the letter that they started processing my file on MAY 20th....so next update i guess ad this info......thx

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hi Love_Young,

did you call to check with CIC if they received your FBI certificate? If I'm not mistaken, you sent your FBI certificate after you had sent in your inland application correct?

I called CIC to ask them if they received my FBI certificate and the agent said that they are only opening correspondence received since September !!! Looks like they are slow on that front as well....duhhhhhh !

S

serenifly

Ok I just asked this in another thread ...

But they haven't even opened our envelope and it's been 4 weeks :( Cuz I can't see anythhing online yet with our payment reciept ...

Do you think it would be best to withdraw our Inland application and just resubmit it with our outland application?

If we do, can we send it to any country we want? Or does it have to be the country my husband is supposed to be living in ? :(

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
That's what I was wondering also. I want to terminate my inland and just apply outland, since it is so much faster. Can anyone tell me if there is any downside to applying outland?

Thanks in advance :)

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Serinfly and Coldgirl. We applied inland and withdrew and applied Outland. It depends what country you or your spouse is from and the processing times in those offices. Sydney had a max time of 8 months but most get through quicker. The only downside is having to fly home if an interview is called and maybe not being able to return until the visa is issued. That's really the only downside. Outland has a right of appeal inland doesn't.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
serenifly said:
Ok I just asked this in another thread ...

But they haven't even opened our envelope and it's been 4 weeks :( Cuz I can't see anythhing online yet with our payment reciept ...

Do you think it would be best to withdraw our Inland application and just resubmit it with our outland application?

If we do, can we send it to any country we want? Or does it have to be the country my husband is supposed to be living in ? :(
they start processing applications after 2-3 months, so its what.. 8-12 weeks. then first stage approval takes 9 months, and then other stage - depends. so gotta know and consider that before applying inland.

i didnt want to apply outland, because i didnt want to go home n stay separately from my husband if there would be a need - interview, or no extension of visa. now i have AIP, waiting for my OWP, and i dont care anymore how long it will take. most important - im with my husband :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
toxicair said:
Hi there!

I am at the moment in desperate need of advice and help. Here is my story and my situation in a nutshell. I can only hope that you will take the time and message me back with ANY advice..I will try keeping it short but please be patient with me if it's long...

Okay, I am from South Africa, Cape Town. Met my fiance online early last year. Started dating in October last year. Got engaged in June (when I landed at the airport). I had to leave in July and its been the hardest time of my life. I applied for another single entry visa to visit my fiance again in Manitoba by presenting the reason "visiting my friend". I will be leaving next week on the 9th. The plan was for me to go and then we get married and do spousal sponsorship from inside (my friend said hers took 8 months). Which all sounded well and everything but now of course the bloody last few days, something pops up.
hi, i have maybe stupid question, cause i dont know.. but can u renew ur passport earlier than expiration date? for example, can u go today and ask to renew ur passport explaining that u have to travel and u wont be back on january 23 etc?

or once i lost my passport, i went to make new one, there is fast way to do it and need to pay more for it. then u would have new passport. at the end i found my lost passport later. but i didnt need it anymore. so maybe if they cant renew ur passport right now, maybe u can say that u lost it? and u need new one. would that work?

or maybe u can renew ur passport being in Canada. need to send it by mail or by ur country embassy in Canada?

how long does ur single entry visa lets u stay in Canada? does it say on ur visa? i dont know how it looks like cause i dont need visa to enter Canada. so never saw any. only my visitor stay extension, which states when i have to leave.

also maybe u will be able to marry in such short time. but u wont get marriage certificate so fast. mine took 6 weeks to arrive. and when we got marriage license same day we applied, we had to choose wedding day starting a day after 2 weeks. i dont know if its 2 weeks waiting period in Ontario, or was it a line for weddings for 2 weeks.

hope that helps.