Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Congrats Amandasu and lemony_20!!! I wonder if I got it but I guess I will have to wait til Monday to call.

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Congrats to

lemony_20 and AmandaHsu :D :D :D

Mrs happy tree: welcome..and congrats...good to know you received CSQ on july 19th and got AIP...My boyfriend got his CSQ on Aug 3rd...and crossing our fingers to hear soon...

For everybody in 2010 waiting.... the good news is they seem to be working on application received in November!!

Fingers crossed for everybody that are still waiting!

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Guys, especially LY, I want to send in the open work permit. Do I need to have everything on the document checklist at this link?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Remember, I have already sent in the main application.
Angtao - I have been wondering this same thing as well. I wasn't aware that I had to send it in with my PR app, so obviously I didn’t and now feel a bit stuck. What advice have you received on this? Can you please keep me updated on how you go? Please :D

Congratulations Lemony_20, AmandaHsu & Tozo!!!!

Can someone pls confirm for me: If I extend my stay in Canada as a visitor only (currently on work permit that expires May 25.12) then a few months later get AIP - can I then apply for an OWP - Is that how it works? Or do I have to stay as a visitor till I get my PR card?

agatha52

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Med's Done....
08-04-2010
AmandaHsu said:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just got off phone with CIC call center and YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!

I got the first stage approved and they sent me the letter yesterday.

OMG...I can't breath and nobody is home now, I want to scream.....
Yay!! COngratsss amanda! so happy for you!
congrats to Lemony too..
sure you'll have a good weekend :) :D ;D

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
coldgirl said:
Congrats Amandasu and lemony_20!!! I wonder if I got it but I guess I will have to wait til Monday to call.
Definitely call!! and if it says they are busy just keep calling :p GL

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Thanks you everyone...I'd like to share my happiness with everyone and still keep my fingers crossed for people who are waiting.
I can tell CIC seems a little bit speed up so please do not lost the hope.

Honestly, I still feel I'm dreaming....I hope I'll receive the letter soon to make the dream come true :)

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
AmandaHsu,

Did your ecas change? I keep checking mine but it hasnt changed :(

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
hi all,

been joinning the workforce for a week now, so exciting with much to learn but i am totally occupied by work + study french...
no time at all to come here.
i am still waiting the letter of landing, final step, pls arrive to me quickly.
i guess they change the procedure? i got a letter to request me to pay $490 and send 2 photos.
but not paying during the land interview.
anyway, if i got any news, will come here to report.

as always, send +ve mind to those who're waiting!
bon week-end!

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
coldgirl said:
AmandaHsu,

Did your ecas change? I keep checking mine but it hasnt changed :(
No, it didn't change.

As I mentioned before, I called CIC and used their auto system then I found out that my sponsor's status has changed from nothing to "we received ur application" but my part hasn't changed.

This morning, lemony_20 told me she got the news about her AIP via call center so I decided to call since my app was received 2 days later than hers. That's why I got the answer, and until now, no matter Ecas or auto system has not updated anything and the lady from call center told me that it may be updated later.

So, I'll strongly suggest you to call CIC instead of waiting/checking. I believe you'll get good news too.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Thanks Amanda. I was gonna call today but I didnt wanna be disappointed again, so I didnt. But since mine was recieved one day after yours, now Im thinking I should have called. Oh well...Ill call on Monday and hopefully get some good news. Congrats again on your news, you can finally relax now.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Angus, I will definitely keep you posted. That document checklist for the open work permit is long and I already sent in all that stuff with the PR app. I feel like this is never ending. I wish the guy that we hired had sent in the Open Work Permit from the beginning.

I am not 100% sure but I think you can remain working at the same job even if your work permit expires. Can someone confirm?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Angus, I will definitely keep you posted. That document checklist for the open work permit is long and I already sent in all that stuff with the PR app. I feel like this is never ending. I wish the guy that we hired had sent in the Open Work Permit from the beginning.

I am not 100% sure but I think you can remain working at the same job even if your work permit expires. Can someone confirm?
Angtao,i had the same problem ,work permit expired on the sept 15,2011 but i send in the application for the renewal or extension and they received it on the august 12,2011 so i can still be working at the same since its now implied status until i get the extension.....but i just got my AIP the same day my work permit expired......so just send in the OWP before its get expired else you cant be an implied status .hope this help you clear your doubt.good luck.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hi, guys. So glad to see you guys got good news..... and congratulations!!! LY!! that you found a good job!! and also thx for the chart updating!!!

I have been freaking out lately by waiting for the 2nd stage. I just feel so sad and unsecured everyday!!!........

TO LY: I have a question:

1. I just called CIC couple days ago, they said i should hear something by March next year (i got my aip on july 4). so

will it actually be taking that long?????

2. about my medical tests, my story is that i was originally planning send in my case outland which is beijing and i did my medical according to that.

but eventually i send inland (because my visa was about to be expired). so i guess thats why there was no"medical results have been received" on

Ecas. so my question is where my medical is now?? can i do anything about it??

thx guys......

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Sent my police certificate for the UK yesterday! Hope everything goes well!