Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
ardmac said:
OWP AND AIP was approved yesterday - Woo hoo - I am so happy right now I even cried on the phone - the poor lady must have thought I was a nutcase!!!!
She was very nice even gave me my document number so I can provide it to my employer until I receive my letters. She did advise at this point everything is still being mailed by Canada Post. Fingers & toes crossed that BC and AB dont go on strike for at least 10 days!!!!!
Thanks everyone for the support and encouraging words - it has been a VERY tough week

That's great ARDMAC! So happy for you!!! I know what you mean by crying on the phone, I think everybody have felt that way after going thru this ordeal. Let's celebrate!

AJITROSHAN

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
JULY / 13 / 2011
ardmac said:
OWP AND AIP was approved yesterday - Woo hoo - I am so happy right now I even cried on the phone - the poor lady must have thought I was a nutcase!!!!
She was very nice even gave me my document number so I can provide it to my employer until I receive my letters. She did advise at this point everything is still being mailed by Canada Post. Fingers & toes crossed that BC and AB dont go on strike for at least 10 days!!!!!
Thanks everyone for the support and encouraging words - it has been a VERY tough week
Congratulations

AJITROSHAN

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
JULY / 13 / 2011
Love_Young said:
Thanks everyone for the congrats! Means a lot. I will still be here to support everyone! ;)
CONGRATULATIONS Love_Young. The wait is over. Enjoy your new life is Canada ;D ;D :) :) :)

AJITROSHAN

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
JULY / 13 / 2011
Anybody know Scarborough cic landing interview current timeline?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
We got the Open Work Permit in the mail today!

Yehey!!!

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Still not much from me. But suprisingly I'm not overly worried about it. I called up CIC to double check if they sent my letters off again and the lady on the phone told me they sent it off Tuesday. I think stuff is going to be slowed down because of the strike, but I'm glad it's going to get here (hopefully). I asked her if they were going to close my file or anything. "Nope...buisness as usual" she says. So, that's alright. I've kind of stopped looking on these forums. It's not that I'm not happy for you guys, it's just very frustrating seeing people getting their CSQ letters and approvals when I should have also gotten something too. I was in tears the other day because of it and I've decided that Im just going to stop worrying. Things will turn out well in the end. I know it will.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
I called the call center today and they told me that my application has been approved and that an officer will call me to set an landing interview soon. So, omg, this is finally over.
Now, Alberta post offices are still not on strike and I hope to find a letter about all of this soon in my mailbox.

Good luck every one!

AJITROSHAN

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
JULY / 13 / 2011
lovely20 said:
We got the Open Work Permit in the mail today!

Yehey!!!
CONGRATULATIONS 8)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Congrats Ardmac and everyone else who has received good news, it seems like it has been an amazing couple of weeks. We sent off the police cert a few weeks back hopefully the second stage will be approved shortly. I found daycare today for my little guy, it's so hard knowing I have to go back to work in the next few weeks, i don't mind the working, it's just leaving my son.

LY - use this time to get everything in order like your resume ect. the time will fly and before you know it you will be working.

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Great advice, thank you for taking the time to write back. Hubby and I will definitely consider this route.
However, it has taken me a while to cool down about the fact of waiting longer but now I am a bit more content with situation.
Guess that seems strange doesn't it?! ::)
You are welcome LY. So, you found that OWP can now apply for SIN? My suggestion is from christian religeous group of friends who got PR & Citizenship. Coming from 3rd world country, CIC is really a jungle to survive. Lots of stories & ventures.. I got my share too. I applied for Federal Skilled from Middle East I Lived & worked 6 yrs, got refused 2010 for not reaching enough points. I have multiple visas here in Canada. Came here always as short time tourist. I met hubby, got married last year, same country, background etc, he sponsored my only daughter 15yo,came as tourist, now living w/ us & attending junior high here. Many red flag issues, hubby's 18 yrs. older. Another issue, they re opened again my Fed. Skilled, Ecas showing currently 2 in process. Wondering where my story ends.

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Wowow.. This is wonderful! You are in october and us in december thay are really moving faster, we are applying through quebec as well !!

Goods news

Definitly you have ton contact them to ensure they have her name right

Jurjen said:
Congrats to Ditta and LY for landing as new import-Canadians! :-D

This morning the mail was surprisingly early and I have the morning off, since I did 16 hours of work yesterday. So I went down the stairs to pick up the mail. My thoughts as I grabbed the one envelope: for my girl, hahahaha spelled her name wrong. Who send it? Government of Canada, losers! Oops... It's CIC!

We were very happy to receive the letter to get the QSC! It's great, just before the Canada Post strike and especially because after all my Excel calculations based on other people's progress, I didn't expect that letter for another month!!! They're really working hard to catch up with the delay of last winter.

I'm just wondering: should I get her name corrected? They made an I out of an L in one of her family names. Does anyone have experience with this?

sarahLDC

Star Member
Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iceyqueen said:
Okay this may be a silly question but if I don't ask then it will drive me crazy. For those of you that applied that have dependent children and you got your lovely letter stating that the process was complete and to just wait for your local office to contact you about landing etc. etc. did you just get the one letter or did the dependent children get one too? I just got the one and it doesn't even have my dependent child's name on it like the aip letter did so I was just curious. Thanks to all that can answer this and let me stop having a panic attack.
Hi Iceyqueen, your children done with their medicals? They here in Canada?. I included in my application my only daughter, 15yo. as my dependent. She is currently here in Canada. My only issue was CIC only requested for my medical. I called & informed CIC months past but no reply so far. Should I go ahead get her medical this time as she plan to visit USA when school ends, she got US passport. Might she not be allowed re entry. Her visitor visa updated every 6 months. They accepted her in High School with no student permit just notarized full custodian support from hubby.

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
lovely20 said:
That's great ARDMAC! So happy for you!!! I know what you mean by crying on the phone, I think everybody have felt that way after going thru this ordeal. Let's celebrate!
I will definately be celebrating Lovely20 its my 5 year anniversary with hubby on the 12th but he heads away for work again on Wednesday night so we are celebrating tomorrow instead, he only got home last night so it was perfect timing to call CIC this morning and find out. I woke the poor guy up at 6am with my screams of joy!!!!
Congrats on your decision made as well and getting your OWP. Fingers crossed your landing date isnt too far away. But I guess the wait will give you a chance to get your SIN and medical organised :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend and those still waiting for news gets it very soon and for those who follow hockey "GO CANUCKS!!!"

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Wow congratulations to all those with wonderful news! I am so so so happy for you all.
Yes, I will definitely update the chart tonight when I can. Sorry been so busy lately.

P.S. Thank you so much to all of you for keeping my spirits up about the SIN situation. It won't take too long anyway.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
No they take away the OWP when you land. You aren't allowed to use it anymore as you are PR. There is no longer a need for temporary status. I didn't even get mine back after she looked at it. And I asked if they could at least give my a temporary one for now but they said no they couldn't do that. I just can't understand why a "Confirmation" of Permanent Residence isn't enough. Hello, it is a copy of an official document and shows "confirmation" of it. Shouldn't that be more important than a PR visa affixed to the passport. Wouldn't a document that actually confirms you as a landed immigrant be more convincing? Ugh...oh well. I will figure out something. I did all I could do for now.
Hey congrats to your landing! It's been a long time and you must be so happy! Now it's my turn to wait, I should get AIP at the end of August but I'm hoping it'll come sooner so I can work ! I'm just curious about OWP...Looks like it comes void after you land? Does that mean I won't even have to bother to apply for it when I get AIP and just wait for landing? I really don't wanna waste more money !!