Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
They have mailed it on May 31st. Thank you people, this forum is a fantastic place to stay positive and to get bunch of good information.
Ill keep you posted about everything.

Hugs!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Congrats Spring4.6.

Did you get AIP in November and PR now? I see that you got AIP in November according to the chart.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Yes, I got AIP and OWP at he end of November. :)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Ohhh ok. I guess back then they were not giving AIP and PR at the same time. I wonder why they are approving both stages now for many people.
I can't believe it took another 6 months to approve for PR.

Maybe approving both stages at the same time saves them from having more work by closing off the files unless there are major red flags. What do you guys think?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
angtao said:
Ohhh ok. I guess back then they were not giving AIP and PR at the same time. I wonder why they are approving both stages now for many people.
I can't believe it took another 6 months to approve for PR.

Maybe approving both stages at the same time saves them from having more work by closing off the files unless there are major red flags. What do you guys think?
I wish I have the right answer for this Angtao. One thing for sure, CIC is very unpredictable. Don't get me started with the call center, lol. So it seems we are going to deal with Canada Post's rotating strike starting tonight, gosh I hope they settle this ASAP.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Yeah, I dont know what to say on that one. I think that they are doing what they want and thats it.

And btw, really, that strike couldnt come at worse time.
Didi it start already or?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Spring4.6. said:
Yeah, I dont know what to say on that one. I think that they are doing what they want and thats it.

And btw, really, that strike couldnt come at worse time.
Didi it start already or?
It will start tonight at midnight in Winnipeg. I am assuming that for the other provinces it is business as usual tomorrow. Canada Post will hold a press conference tomorrow morning to announce what dates they will strike with the rest of the provinces and territories. I agree Spring, talk about bad timing.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Sorry Spring4.6. I had forgotten you got AIP before. Well you definitely got PR then. Congrats!
I am so glad that you feel comfortable here. I always hoped people would feel like a family here.
Can't wait to hear back from you about this. :)

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Ok, thank you for the info. I live in Alberta, and I still hoope that they wont start with the strike until lets say....Tuesday...hehhe..I dont know, Vegreville is not so far away from Edmonton where I live, so maybe tomorrow...anyhow, Ill keep people posted. But Jeez, Im going to grab a beer now.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey Love Young,

this forum is absolutely a good thing in my life. I really appreciate all the effort from every one, and you are one of the most persistent people here. I wish that we can all meet and have a party or something, hehe!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I have really enjoyed being a part of this forum too. And thank you for the compliments.
I agree, I wish we all could meet and celebrate together as the Inland family. That would be great! :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Did anyone else get a stamp in their passport when they landed? I didn't. If many others did, maybe I should get the MP to contact the local office or something. Please anyone that have landed, I would GREATLY appreciate your answers. Thanks.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
So I landed today!:) It was the easiest, easiest encounter of my life with CIC, it took exactly 3 minutes. We went in, the IO read my rights as a PR and when I can apply for citizenship, verified my information, sign here, sign there, done- welcome to Canada! I expected that I was going to jump around or something, but it was so quick that we went out and I was still processing what just happened. Truth is, we drove all night from Fort McMurray to Edmonton with my hubby and did not sleep a minute,so I guess my reaction time was way slower than normal anyway. We dressed very nicely, because we thought that it is something formal and ended up waiting in the line among people all dressed very causally. My husband was wearing a suit, ties and started joking that we looked like we were supposed to go to see a fancy opera and ended up on a cheap musical and like he could say at least once in his life, that he was the best dressed person in the whole building lol.:)
I have to wait for my PR card to get a permanent SIN, such like Love_Young, and I very dislike it too. I don`t know why we can`t get it right away, it adds another 6-8 weeks on top.:(
Oh yes, my son was in such a good mood during the landing that he rolled his little truck all over the papers that I had to sign and was talking to the IO in his baby blabber. I was tense, because I developed some panic attack like reactions throughout the years dealing with any immigration stuff. Then the IO told me: isn`t it so nice to see these happy little fellas, they are the future of this country? and I felt that this was the fist human reaction I ever got from any government agent, it almost made me cry.
Well, I`m going to sleep well for sure and try to talk to the local Service Canada once I get back home whether there is anything that can be done to speed up getting the SIN number.
Sorry for the rant, I haven`t slept for more that 30 hours.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
OMG, I feel at a loss for words. So I just found that I still have my work permit... ::)
So even though I am a PR would I still be allowed to use this to get a SIN card or is it too late?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
ditta said:
So I landed today!:) It was the easiest, easiest encounter of my life with CIC, it took exactly 3 minutes. We went in, the IO read my rights as a PR and when I can apply for citizenship, verified my information, sign here, sign there, done- welcome to Canada! I expected that I was going to jump around or something, but it was so quick that we went out and I was still processing what just happened. Truth is, we drove all night from Fort McMurray to Edmonton with my hubby and did not sleep a minute,so I guess my reaction time was way slower than normal anyway. We dressed very nicely, because we thought that it is something formal and ended up waiting in the line among people all dressed very causally. My husband was wearing a suit, ties and started joking that we looked like we were supposed to go to see a fancy opera and ended up on a cheap musical and like he could say at least once in his life, that he was the best dressed person in the whole building lol.:)
I have to wait for my PR card to get a permanent SIN, such like Love_Young, and I very dislike it too. I don`t know why we can`t get it right away, it adds another 6-8 weeks on top.:(
Oh yes, my son was in such a good mood during the landing that he rolled his little truck all over the papers that I had to sign and was talking to the IO in his baby blabber. I was tense, because I developed some panic attack like reactions throughout the years dealing with any immigration stuff. Then the IO told me: isn`t it so nice to see these happy little fellas, they are the future of this country? and I felt that this was the fist human reaction I ever got from any government agent, it almost made me cry.
Well, I`m going to sleep well for sure and try to talk to the local Service Canada once I get back home whether there is anything that can be done to speed up getting the SIN number.
Sorry for the rant, I haven`t slept for more that 30 hours.

Congratulations Ditta!!!

So happy for you!