Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
Hi

Just to update you that we have done the PR interview at Montreal on May 30 and the whole interview process took less than 10 minutes. Super easy.

We are now waiting for the PR card; we should received it by end of July.

I want to thanks to all of you and wish you that you will have a smooth PR interview soon :D

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
PRQC said:
Hi

Just to update you that we have done the PR interview at Montreal on May 30 and the whole interview process took less than 10 minutes. Super easy.

We are now waiting for the PR card; we should received it by end of July.

I want to thanks to all of you and wish you that you will have a smooth PR interview soon :D
Hey congrats,
Wt did they ask you In the interview?

Naz

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
nazam80 said:
Hi Aiman Good which landing office they called you in ?

Naz
Scarborough office

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
POLICAP said:
Please let me know how long will it take CIC to do Background cheek for my wife application. We filed the application in March 2011 and May 2012 the application was transferred to CIC Etobicoke for Clarifications which was approved for 1st stage in January, 2013. Now we are waiting for the background check .
There is no fixed time for background checks. It depends upon the countries in which the applicant has lived and the work load of that office. They can be done instantly (for example, someone who had previously been examined and has been living in Canada since then) or they can take years (for example, someone who lived in a country or region with which Canada does not have diplomatic relations OR which does not have a stable political situation).

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Aiman said:
Scarborough office
Hi Aiman

Thanx I m still waiting for letter about landing interview.

Naz

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
nazam80 said:
Hi Aiman

Thanx I m still waiting for letter about landing interview.

Naz
Which office are you expecting it from? Scarborough office took them 2 months to send me a letter for landing and two months for landing later on then almost two months to get the card :(

pad980

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-10-2011
AOR Received.
30-08-2012 AIP
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
05-08-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
LANDED..........
21-06-2013
My husband has finally landed on June 21 2013.

He landed in London Ontario.

The interview was not even an interview. We just went up to the window and she just asked us the 2 standard questions:
Have you committed any crimes?
Do you have dependents other then the ones in the application?

That's it and then Congrats you are a Perminent Resident.

Thay also had a representative from Serivice Canada so he got his SIN right away.

Now we have to wait for the PR card. (6-8 weeks)

Thank you to all that helped out

And good luck

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Aiman said:
Which office are you expecting it from? Scarborough office took them 2 months to send me a letter for landing and two months for landing later on then almost two months to get the card :(
Hi Aiman,

I am in Vancouver office. My ecas has changed on 13th may so it's been over a month but did not got any letter yet. So seems like they will take two months too. What did they ask you in the landing interview?

Thanks
Naz

torontoinlander

Apr 28, 2012
Has anyone received a landing interview letter from Scarborough office recently?

I got my DM on June 25th and was wondering how long it would take to receive a landing letter and landing interview?

Please share your timeline with Scarborough office!

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
Tecle said:
Hi I got the letter today said this" ....we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The canada immigration centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status...etc asking to pay the right of permanence fee... Provide the receipt in Scarborough when you are scheduled .... And. Now me and my family members,if any, will be required to present the original documents

What documents I need to provide? My passport ?
Hi there, you'll get a letter from the Scarborough office asking you for the documents you need to provide.

theinlander

Jun 17, 2012
Hello guys!

I am finally done!!!

About four weeks after my DM, the Montreal office sent me a letter to confirm all the information (name, address...) and for me to send them two pictures. I sent everything back about two days later. And then, they sent me another letter with the about information about two weeks after I sent everything back. The appt was yesterday, and it was more the waiting time in the office than the time of the interview. The interview was very easy as everyone says, and got my new and permanent SIN!!!

So, some people have said that in Montreal it is a two step process for the interview, some others say that it isn't. Well, for me it was a two step process to get the final interview...

I should say that my file had a delayed because they wanted an FBI report because I lived in the US for a few years, and that report took awhile...

:D
:D ;D 8) :p

Good Luck everyone

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
torontoinlander said:
Has anyone received a landing interview letter from Scarborough office recently?

I got my DM on June 25th and was wondering how long it would take to receive a landing letter and landing interview?

Please share your timeline with Scarborough office!
Hey there!

I landed at Scarborough office on April 19 it took them two months to book me for landing... The interview it wasn't more than just welcome to Canada... You'll be briefed about ur rights of permanent resident then you'll be taken individually to sign the confirmation of landing and two questions like if u ever committed a crime and if u were deported from Canada. It takes 5 mins then you'll go bak to the waiting area to do ur sin number... It took us all together less than an hour. Then I got my card on June 19th so that's two months for the card :)

Congrats and good luck!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
I hope somebody can help me about this situation..

Background : 2010 applicant under spousal sponsorship with dependent in Philippines.
2011-vegreville transferred file to edmonton without aip and owp. Processing time in edmonton is 24 months (i din't know if this us just 1st stage or the whole process itself) we are on our 19th month of waiting.

Current status: aporoved LMO NOC B.. Submitted work permit application for SUPERVISORY POSITION.

Now, when I receive my work permit as a skilled worker i will try to apply for a student permit for my 12 year old son in the Philippines. I don't know if this is possible but since i have this option as a skilled worker I will still try. It's been 3 years since i've last seen my son. Sad i don't know when will Edmonton office open our file again Sad this is my only hope.

What is ur opinion about this? Pros and cons? Is dual intent applicable to this situation? What should I do?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
charmainefrances said:
I hope somebody can help me about this situation..

Background : 2010 applicant under spousal sponsorship with dependent in Philippines.
2011-vegreville transferred file to edmonton without aip and owp. Processing time in edmonton is 24 months (i din't know if this us just 1st stage or the whole process itself) we are on our 19th month of waiting.

Current status: aporoved LMO NOC B.. Submitted work permit application for SUPERVISORY POSITION.

Now, when I receive my work permit as a skilled worker i will try to apply for a student permit for my 12 year old son in the Philippines. I don't know if this is possible but since i have this option as a skilled worker I will still try. It's been 3 years since i've last seen my son. Sad i don't know when will Edmonton office open our file again Sad this is my only hope.

What is ur opinion about this? Pros and cons? Is dual intent applicable to this situation? What should I do?
Dual intent is applicable in such a case, but of course they may decide your son is not likely to leave at the end of the study permit. In that case (a refusal), you could request a TRP on H&C grounds to overcome their finding of inadmissibility - it's not guaranteed, but as you point out the extended delay in processing your application (3 years and counting) is not your fault and it is not good for your child, either.

If you have a NOC B LMO, have you considered applying for AEO FSW track? Or maybe even PNP track? If you qualify, those are both independent of spousal and do not require that you do anything with your spousal application.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
computergeek said:
Dual intent is applicable in such a case, but of course they may decide your son is not likely to leave at the end of the study permit. In that case (a refusal), you could request a TRP on H&C grounds to overcome their finding of inadmissibility - it's not guaranteed, but as you point out the extended delay in processing your application (3 years and counting) is not your fault and it is not good for your child, either.

If you have a NOC B LMO, have you considered applying for AEO FSW track? Or maybe even PNP track? If you qualify, those are both independent of spousal and do not require that you do anything with your spousal application.
Thank you for your response. I can't apply for FSW/PNP yet because the requirement is to have atleast 1 year work experience under the supervisory position...

It is just so hard to prove that he will leave at the end of student permit since I am already here and his ties will be stronger here than in our home country.. :(

One of the reasons too why I want to get him immediately is that my mom and my aunt who are in charge for my son are both old already... and my mom had a stroke too and they can't take care of him anymore....

How would I request for the TRP on H&C grounds?

Thank you again!