Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
nonoo said:
Hi curious_one, my medical appeared on my ecas on 17th Nov and I am still waiting . how did you check if your husbands security clearances has been done? there are in fact quite a few people waiting for their second stage DM after their medicals .
Hi nonoo,

I have been asking every agent I spoke with when I called CIC if the security clearance was completed and several agents confirmed it has. That the only thing they were waiting for was the medicals. We are an application from MAY of 2011 so thats probabley why it has already been done. But then again I dont trust them until I hear "decision made"...

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
CanED said:
I am in the same boat as you both! Medicals showed up on Ecas in the second week of November and still nothing in regards to DM. I don't know if my security clearances were done - expecting to receive my FOSS notes any day now so I will post an update when they are received.

All the best!

CanED.
Thank you CanED - I will keep everyone updated too. Hoping we both get good news reeeeeally soon!

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
CanED said:
I am in the same boat as you both! Medicals showed up on Ecas in the second week of November and still nothing in regards to DM. I don't know if my security clearances were done - expecting to receive my FOSS notes any day now so I will post an update when they are received.

All the best!

CanED.
Thanks,that would certainly be of great help to know what your FOSS notes say as they can give us the insight of the situation of this phase. As per my comprehension they usually finish doing security checks while they are still working on first phase else how would some people receive DM for both stages at once or within few days of their DM of first stage?? I believe once you are to redo the medical, your file becomes a part of backlog and they start working on files of the following month as per their set schedule.

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
nonoo said:
Thanks,that would certainly be of great help to know what your FOSS notes say as they can give us the insight of the situation of this phase. As per my comprehension they usually finish doing security checks while they are still working on first phase else how would some people receive DM for both stages at once or within few days of their DM of first stage?? I believe once you are to redo the medical, your file becomes a part of backlog and they start working on files of the following month as per their set schedule.
Makes sense! I am by no means an expert, but would imagine that it would make more sense not to pass AIP if you were some sort of security threat? I mean once you have AIP you can get your open work permit. But this is just my opinion, I am most likely completely wrong and not much of this whole process makes sense to me!!! ;D

I should have my notes by next week - I will post as soon as I have gone through them.

BLT123

Oct 1, 2012
I too am in the same boat. Med's recv'd first week of Nov. Called CIC today, just told to wait....

Timeline:
Applied Dec 2011
Recieved: March 2012
AIP + Med request + Police request: Sept2012
2 DM: Waiting....

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
BLT123 said:
I too am in the same boat. Med's recv'd first week of Nov. Called CIC today, just told to wait....

Timeline:
Applied Dec 2011
Recieved: March 2012
AIP + Med request + Police request: Sept2012
2 DM: Waiting....
am in the same boat
time line
app sep 2011
recv oct 2011
aip + police req june 2012
req info reciv on oct 2011 ( rev 4 months after i sent them so sad)
2 dm waiting

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
vincystress said:
am in the same boat
time line
app sep 2011
recv oct 2011
aip + police req june 2012
req info reciv on oct 2011 ( rev 4 months after i sent them so sad)
2 dm waiting
Same boat here
App July 2011
AIP & OWP Oct 2012
Meds Received May 2012. Showing on Ecas Sept. 2012
2 DM Waiting

Seems like there are a few of us waiting................

Good luck everyone !!

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
labhouise said:
Same boat here
App July 2011
AIP & OWP Oct 2012
Meds Received May 2012. Showing on Ecas Sept. 2012
2 DM Waiting

Seems like there are a few of us waiting................

Good luck everyone !!
In the same boat too. Maybe it will happen like AIP when one person gets their DM it will flash through the whole boat! Could we call it the Cruiseship "Pass the Meds"
Or does anyone have a better name?

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Hi to computergeek,

I just want to ask some question and advice. regarding on application for spouse-common law class. I am preparing an application to apply next year and one of the question regarding on IMM 5869-been convicted a crime or offence in Canada. My situations was when I surrendered my Intl. license at the registry they found out that my Intl. license was fake. when the time I was about to change my address, one of the registry lady told me to give a call to SIU officer, until I contacted the officer and he explained to me what I have to do. My question is DO YOU THINK THIS IS A CRIME? SHOULD I DECLARE THIS SITUATION THAT I ENCOUNTERED? because I am confused on my situation and I just wanted to be honest.

Thank you so much this would be a BIG help for me. God bless.

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
cathrina26 said:
Hi to computergeek,

I just want to ask some question and advice. regarding on application for spouse-common law class. I am preparing an application to apply next year and one of the question regarding on IMM 5869-been convicted a crime or offence in Canada. My situations was when I surrendered my Intl. license at the registry they found out that my Intl. license was fake. when the time I was about to change my address, one of the registry lady told me to give a call to SIU officer, until I contacted the officer and he explained to me what I have to do. My question is DO YOU THINK THIS IS A CRIME? SHOULD I DECLARE THIS SITUATION THAT I ENCOUNTERED? because I am confused on my situation and I just wanted to be honest.

Thank you so much this would be a BIG help for me. God bless.
This isn't a crime... A crime is when you go to jail you could get a criminal record. Or if your proven guilty in a killing case... But this won't affect you but double check though

cathrina26

Dec 11, 2012
Aiman said:
This isn't a crime... A crime is when you go to jail you could get a criminal record. Or if your proven guilty in a killing case... But this won't affect you but double check though
Thanks you for answering my question. I will double check.

vincystress

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
etobicoke
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
september ,12,2011
Doc's Request.
june,16,2012
AOR Received.
october,11,2011
File Transfer...
jan.16,2012
Interview........
june,13,2012
Passport Req..
dec,13,2012
LANDED..........
jan,16,2013
hi guyz so the call center just told me my file is at etobicoke and the agent say they sent just updated my file saying they requested my passport from cbsa and she told me that is good so hmm lets see what the outcome of this am still worried should i be ??? ??? ???

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
anticipation said:
In the same boat too. Maybe it will happen like AIP when one person gets their DM it will flash through the whole boat! Could we call it the Cruiseship "Pass the Meds"
Or does anyone have a better name?
Looks like theres alot of us waiting for that FINAL step - medicals! I have my fingers AND toes crossed and hope for good news for us all in time for Christmas!!!

Im just curious as to why this final step is taking them so long :(

LauraCanada

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 6th 2011
Doc's Request.
July 18th 2012
Med's Done....
July 31st 2012
curious_one said:
Looks like theres alot of us waiting for that FINAL step - medicals! I have my fingers AND toes crossed and hope for good news for us all in time for Christmas!!!

Im just curious as to why this final step is taking them so long :(
im waiting for dm too...hoping its not gonna be long :)

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Does anyone know how long does it take cic to request for medical extension ?