Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Rusty53 said:
Migrain

I can add you to the attached spreadsheet if you like. Did you send OWP, medical or Police Clearance?

Hi Rusty53,

Yes, please add us to the spreadsheet.

Police certificate submitted with application (Nov 26). Medical completed in mid-Oct. Wife currently in Canada under valid study permit.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
I just got off the phone with CIC.
First time ever I didn't have to wait, got straight through to an agent !!

He told me they were re-working a background check ( not sure what that means )but everything looks good on my file
Said to give a call back in 2 week and everything should be finalized

So finger crossed, I might have an early Xmas present !! :) :)

Lab

PRQC

Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2012
AOR Received.
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
30-05-2013
Hi!

We are wainting for more than 20 months since our application; or more than 9 months since AIP.
We have revceived our Foss note today (second time) and the format changed since last time in May. We have learned that our bring forward date is in mid-november 2012; and that background check was performed since June 2011!!! Everything else is fine.

I am currently pregnant and I am afraid that my husband will not received PR when I will be due. I am a bit stressed of this whole process.

labhouise

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 07 2011
Doc's Request.
24 04 2012
Passport Req..
AIP & OWP Oct 1 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM Jan. 29th 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 14th 2013
PRQC said:
Hi!

We are wainting for more than 20 months since our application; or more than 9 months since AIP.
We have revceived our Foss note today (second time) and the format changed since last time in May. We have learned that our bring forward date is in mid-november 2012; and that background check was performed since June 2011!!! Everything else is fine.

I am currently pregnant and I am afraid that my husband will not received PR when I will be due. I am a bit stressed of this whole process.
I hope you get DM soon
I know the wait is frustrating, It took me 15 months to get AIP
My background check was also started in July 2011

Hopefully DM is very soon for you

Lab

Zion786

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
HI PRQC,

After reading about your 2nd stage situation, I fer I might be in the same boat. My wife is sponsoring me inland and we too live in Montreal. AOR was Nov 14th 2011, CSQ was received in April 2012, they asked me to fill the client update form in July 2012.In august 2012 RCMP fingerprints were requested. We were granted AIP on Sep 5th 2012. I sent the medicals and police certificate as the AIP requested. On the 10th of Oct i received a letter stating that my file was transferred to Montreal for further assessment and that the Montreal office may contact me for more information or an interview. This is most likely a full background check being conducted. Since that letter I have received no news. I think ill be waiting at least 6 more months before their Highnesses in the Montreal office correspond with me again.........ARRRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!.....so frustrating

nik-nik

Nov 15, 2012
My layer told me few weeks before that RCMP is delaying finger prints check. I dont know for what reason but it takes them more than 120 days. When i was about to figure out why it takes them so long i saw a line in their email to my embassy in CAIPS notes that says RCMP have not yet entered my application into their's system. And thats almost few month after they have received all necessary papers to perform background check for embassy. I guess we just have to have more patience and wait. I am falling asleep every night with only one thought in my mind, celebrate new year with my wife in Canada.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Foss Notes received

Hi guys,

I wonder if one of you can assist :)
I am waiting for the second stage since June 21ST 2012 and the reason for it as the "agent" say all the time is "background checks".
I just received my foss notes today via email and would like to ask a question if I may:
I read that I passed medical and criminality sections(police certificate from my country).
The only thing I see and don't understand is that I have seen more than 20 activities regarding security screening (most were empty) and the one before the final said:activity number 20
Activity type:RCMP screening
On an earlier note it also added that the RCMP report had a validity until:2012/22/09 which obviously passed.

So is it possible that CIC noticed that they were too late with rapping up my application and needed to resend the request to RCMP?

Are there any other screening methods besides RCMP?

Thank you guys!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: Foss Notes received

avigtr said:
Hi guys,

I wonder if one of you can assist :)
I am waiting for the second stage since June 21ST 2012 and the reason for it as the "agent" say all the time is "background checks".
I just received my foss notes today via email and would like to ask a question if I may:
I read that I passed medical and criminality sections(police certificate from my country).
The only thing I see and don't understand is that I have seen more than 20 activities regarding security screening (most were empty) and the one before the final said:activity number 20
Activity type:RCMP screening
On an earlier note it also added that the RCMP report had a validity until:2012/22/09 which obviously passed.

So is it possible that CIC noticed that they were too late with rapping up my application and needed to resend the request to RCMP?

Are there any other screening methods besides RCMP?

Thank you guys!
Criminality = RCMP
Security = CSIS

Security checks relate to things that don't show up in a criminality check. Like if you are a spy, or have been involved in war crimes, genocide, or organized criminal activity, none of which are likely to show up on a standard police report.

It is normal for the ATIP office to redact most of the information about security checks. From the sounds of it, there is something that has triggered greater digging into your case, since you have multiple security entries.

From what I have seen, it seems to be fairly common for CIC to get hung up on security checks. They will blame CSIS (the organization that does security checks) and CSIS will tell you they're done... CIC has lost a number of court cases with exactly this issue - CIC blames CSIS and the Court says "doesn't matter, CIC is still responsible."

You may wish to submit an ATIP request to CSIS.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Thank you for your answer!!
The only think I can think of that "triggers" them is that I served in the army but thank you again.
do you hink that submiting an ATIP request to CSIS will push the application forward?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
avigtr said:
do you hink that submiting an ATIP request to CSIS will push the application forward?
No. But it will tell you if the hold-up is CSIS or CIC. If it is CIC, then you can push at them and if they blame CSIS you have counter-evidence.

anticipation

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14,2011
AOR Received.
March 1, 2012
File Transfer...
DM Received February 21
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012 received in Ottawa
LANDED..........
ON 24-04-2013. Yeah!
Computergeek once again your depth of knowledge astounds me.
Merry Christmas and all the good stuff.
Anticipation.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
computergeek said:
No. But it will tell you if the hold-up is CSIS or CIC. If it is CIC, then you can push at them and if they blame CSIS you have counter-evidence.
Thank you again,That's what I thought...
Lets say CIC is wrong,The only time I can confront them is probably only after the 8 months period(second stage) is over. am I right?
I couldn't really understand the difference between The Access to Information Act and Privacy Act request.
Do you know which one is the one I need?

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anyone in 2011 who immigrated from china?

eddycanada

Dec 4, 2012
Hi computergeek or anyone else

Ive been a silent wanderer on this for for some time now. Im pretty satisfied with you expertise and would like to pose this question to you.If there is anyone else who can help please dont hesitate

My wife is sponsoring me inland. My consultant filled all of our forms. A few months later I realized that we had made a mistake on the forms. In the background check section, where it says " have you ever been incarcerated, arrested or put in jail" I answered "no". However I was arrested but given a conditional discharge. Around 3 months before we received the AIP my consultant sent in the amendment. After the AIP my file was transferred to the local office for further assessment. Do you think that CIC still considers the mistake a misrepresentation?. I sent my RCMP fingerprints as per cic request a few months after the application was submitted. The fingerprint report did state that I was discharged. So you think this spells trouble still...??????......:(....

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
eddycanada said:
Hi computergeek or anyone else

Ive been a silent wanderer on this for for some time now. Im pretty satisfied with you expertise and would like to pose this question to you.If there is anyone else who can help please dont hesitate

My wife is sponsoring me inland. My consultant filled all of our forms. A few months later I realized that we had made a mistake on the forms. In the background check section, where it says " have you ever been incarcerated, arrested or put in jail" I answered "no". However I was arrested but given a conditional discharge. Around 3 months before we received the AIP my consultant sent in the amendment. After the AIP my file was transferred to the local office for further assessment. Do you think that CIC still considers the mistake a misrepresentation?. I sent my RCMP fingerprints as per cic request a few months after the application was submitted. The fingerprint report did state that I was discharged. So you think this spells trouble still...??????......:(....
You corrected the error, therefore it doesn't qualify as misrepresentation under any theory of law that I can find.

http://www.internationallawoffice.com/newsletters/Detail.aspx?g=3356edab-101f-43d6-84ff-41c325bda934#how

It may require a bit more time to process your application - in my experience anything "out of the ordinary" means it has to be bounced up to a more senior visa officer and that introduces delay.

What's your current time line? Have you - or your consultant - ordered computer notes for your case?