Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Wicket08 said:
Hello ladies and gentlemen...

I had my landing interview today in Calgary. It was pretty quick and simple. I thought they will bring us in an interview room or something but everything just happened with us standing at one window.

I'm just wondering, is SIN application done after you get your PR card? I have an old SIN but they told me to apply for it after I get my PR card in 61 days.

Anyway, I renewed my passport before I landed and CIC didn't have that info so it took them a few minutes to change all my info. So it could have been much quicker if there were no changes on my passport. They asked for my marriage certificate because my new passport's got my married name on it. Good thing I have this wallet size marriage certificate with me all the time. I would have not thought of bringing the big one as I only brought what they told me to bring on the letter.

I also asked what I should do for urgent processinng of my PR card as I'm leaving the country on November 25. They just gave me a form to be faxed to CIC (proof of travel, etc) and just hope for the best that they will process it quickly.

I'm just glad everything is over now. Hopefully no more paperworks for this girl til Citizenship application.

To those waiting, Good luck to all of you!

To everyone on this forum, you were all a great help. Thanks for all the advice!

God bless us all!
Congratulations! Welcome to Canada as New Permanent Resident. When I went to report to CBSA last Tuesday I saw lots of people doing their landing. Same like you they just did it standing by the window, it takes like more or less 5 minutes each of them.
I have a question regarding your passport, you do renew your passport before your landing, you didnt send a copy to cic vegreville. i was thinking to renew my passport before landing. I soon as I got the 2nd stage approval letter I will go get my passport, Its not expired til 2015 but I want to used my married name so it will be the same as my pr. Do you think am I goingto have a problem

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
xxpazaway said:
Congratulations! Welcome to Canada as New Permanent Resident. When I went to report to CBSA last Tuesday I saw lots of people doing their landing. Same like you they just did it standing by the window, it takes like more or less 5 minutes each of them.
I have a question regarding your passport, you do renew your passport before your landing, you didnt send a copy to cic vegreville. i was thinking to renew my passport before landing. I soon as I got the 2nd stage approval letter I will go get my passport, Its not expired til 2015 but I want to used my married name so it will be the same as my pr. Do you think am I goingto have a problem
R u a filipino? Did u renew your passport already? When do u think u will be landing? I renewed my passport last yr and didn't give them a copy of the new one. I thought they will honor the amendment on the old one but they didn't so i just renewed mine. The old one doesn't expire til dec this year so i was thinking why the hell just renew it. Anyway, if you will not let them know your new passport it will not hurt at all. It will just take them a few minutes to change your info on the computer. I submitted a photocopy though of my new passport last july but i guess they didn't bother opening my mail. Hope this helps. Bring your marriage cert on landing interview.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
xxpazaway said:
Congratulations to your new born babies! for sure they will keep you busy! Im so happy for you.....
Thanks

Naz

curious_one

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-May-2011
Med's Request
24-Oct-2012
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2012
Congratulations to all with good news! So happy to see many of us celebrating now :) ;D

By the way my husband got his OWP in the mail today - took only 3 days by Canada post! We went and got him a SIN right away! Great way to start of the long weekend! :)

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
curious_one said:
Congratulations to all with good news! So happy to see many of us celebrating now :) ;D

By the way my husband got his OWP in the mail today - took only 3 days by Canada post! We went and got him a SIN right away! Great way to start of the long weekend! :)
Cograts

Naz

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
nazam80 said:
Hey everyone,

I just had twin babies I am so happy.

Naz
hey Congratulations! :D supper!!!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Wicket08 said:
Hello ladies and gentlemen...

I had my landing interview today in Calgary. It was pretty quick and simple. I thought they will bring us in an interview room or something but everything just happened with us standing at one window.

I'm just wondering, is SIN application done after you get your PR card? I have an old SIN but they told me to apply for it after I get my PR card in 61 days.

Anyway, I renewed my passport before I landed and CIC didn't have that info so it took them a few minutes to change all my info. So it could have been much quicker if there were no changes on my passport. They asked for my marriage certificate because my new passport's got my married name on it. Good thing I have this wallet size marriage certificate with me all the time. I would have not thought of bringing the big one as I only brought what they told me to bring on the letter.

I also asked what I should do for urgent processinng of my PR card as I'm leaving the country on November 25. They just gave me a form to be faxed to CIC (proof of travel, etc) and just hope for the best that they will process it quickly.

I'm just glad everything is over now. Hopefully no more paperworks for this girl til Citizenship application.

To those waiting, Good luck to all of you!

To everyone on this forum, you were all a great help. Thanks for all the advice!

God bless us all!

Het Wicket!! Congratulations :) thats great to hear!

by the way you don't have to wait for your pr card to get a new sin #! i'm surprised they didn't do it right there for you. when I had my landing there was a lady from the EI office and gave me a permanent sin right there.
so all you have to do is take the confirmation of your PR and your ID/passport and you will be able to get a permanent sin # in one day which you can use right away, but your actuall sin card will arrive 10 days later.

cheers and have fun! it will be a great Christmas this year! :)

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kitchener_inland said:
Het Wicket!! Congratulations :) thats great to hear!

by the way you don't have to wait for your pr card to get a new sin #! i'm surprised they didn't do it right there for you. when I had my landing there was a lady from the EI office and gave me a permanent sin right there.
so all you have to do is take the confirmation of your PR and your ID/passport and you will be able to get a permanent sin # in one day which you can use right away, but your actuall sin card will arrive 10 days later.

cheers and have fun! it will be a great Christmas this year! :)
Unfortunately not all offices like Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa issue you the permanent SIN right after landing. So have to wait till you get you PR card or have your COPR and stamped passport together to be able to get permanent SIN from service Canada office.

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
I just got an update on my request for urgent processing of my PR card and they sent me an email saying there's no possibility of urgent processing of PR card for new permanent resident. So yeah, I have to apply for a travel document and just hope for the best that they will grant it to me. :)

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
kitchener_inland said:
hey Congratulations! :D supper!!!
Hey kitchener_inland

Thanks Hope i hear the PR news soon too.

Naz

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hamedsilent said:
Unfortunately not all offices like Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa issue you the permanent SIN right after landing. So have to wait till you get you PR card or have your COPR and stamped passport together to be able to get permanent SIN from service Canada office.
If you read the Service Canada website, it actually does say that if one lands inland the SIN will not be issued without the PR card. For someone who lands at a POE, they will issue one immediately with the COPR and passport (+ counterfoil, if not visa exempt). At least this is my interpretation of the following text:

Permanent Resident Card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This is the only acceptable document if your claim was processed in Canada.
Source: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
If you read the Service Canada website, it actually does say that if one lands inland the SIN will not be issued without the PR card. For someone who lands at a POE, they will issue one immediately with the COPR and passport (+ counterfoil, if not visa exempt). At least this is my interpretation of the following text:

Source: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml
No thats not always true, There are landing offices like Montreal and Toronto which they will issue right after landing. There is a representative from service Canada who does issue you the permanent SIN right after landing.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hamedsilent said:
No thats not always true, There are landing offices like Montreal and Toronto which they will issue right after landing. There is a representative from service Canada who does issue you the permanent SIN right after landing.
I wasn't trying to say that they wouldn't do it - I've heard of far too many cases where they do. I'm merely pointing out there is language on the website that would explain this position.

It's good to know that the inconsistency in application is not confined to CIC after all.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
labhouise said:
Hi Cililoca

It seems alot of us from June/july/August are still waiting.
Hopefully you will get your DM soon :) :)

Lab
that's true, quite unfair as people from December 2011 already have their landing interview scheduled. If they keep like that the 2012's will start getting their PR and we will still be waiting... :'(

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
cililoca said:
that's true, quite unfair as people from December 2011 already have their landing interview scheduled. If they keep like that the 2012's will start getting their PR and we will still be waiting... :'(
I agree with you guys but hope for the best.

Naz