+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application 2011

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
Hi everyone!

All of you seem to give great advice all the time. I am getting a bit impatient, because I'm finalizing my PR application, but it's sorta taking long. I can't complain, because I know others wait even longer! Here's my timeline and questions:

-Received AIP December 2011
-Medical results requested Feb/March
-Medical results received (as seen on ecas) a month and a half later

I still have not heard back from immigration. I called CIC and they told me everything is in order and still in process (like the ecas say), but no letter has been sent so far. I am waiting for them to request police clearances and then for them to call me for the landing interview. My questions are:

1) Do they always request police clearances? I have read online that sometimes they don't and they search for them themselves. Is is true?
2) How long do you think it will take? If they ask me for police clearances and if they don't?
3) Does this mean I "passed" my medicals? I haven't gotten a letter from them requesting any additional tests.
4) How often do they update the ecas?

I know I have to be patient, but I kinda want to plan my life Cheesy

I appreciate your help!

peanutbrittle

Jan 25, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
31-10-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Hey guys!
Just a question for those of you that applied for OWP *after* receiving AIP: How long did it take CIC to process your OWP application? I just applied online on Wednesday, September 5th. I'm so eager to start looking for work!!
Congrats to everyone who has received AIP and DM recently! :)

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
peanutbrittle said:
Hey guys!
Just a question for those of you that applied for OWP *after* receiving AIP: How long did it take CIC to process your OWP application? I just applied online on Wednesday, September 5th. I'm so eager to start looking for work!!
Congrats to everyone who has received AIP and DM recently! :)
I think it took me less than a month to get it. So it's pretty quick!

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Wicket08 said:
it all depends. Every case is handled differently and some get the Stage 2 aproval only a few days after Stage 1 was approved. Some get AIP and stage 2 DM at the same time. Some take more than a month. For most people that have been on this forum, They wait 2-4 months for the Stage 2 approval. It may get frustrating when you see people getting their DM's right away for PR after the stage 1 but I guess we can't really do anything about it but just wait. On the processing time table stage 2 may take up to 8 months. My Stage 2 approval took 2 months from my AIP.
Hey,

Thanx for all the info!! I was also wondering what is that some few of them have mentioned here about Etobicoke office will contact them after
they have recieved their 2nd stage approved. Is it the landing interview in Etobicoke? or an interview where they question the applicant and the sponsor?

What exactly does it mean wait till Etobicoke office will contact you after one gets the 2nd stage approval ? and some one mentioned here on the
forum some $$ ( fees) to be paid at Etobicoke office? Does it mean everything is through & u recieve ur PR going to Etobicoke ? if called

Hoping that someone would reply

Cheers,

Ann

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
leli2012 said:
Hi everyone!

All of you seem to give great advice all the time. I am getting a bit impatient, because I'm finalizing my PR application, but it's sorta taking long. I can't complain, because I know others wait even longer! Here's my timeline and questions:

-Received AIP December 2011
-Medical results requested Feb/March
-Medical results received (as seen on ecas) a month and a half later

I still have not heard back from immigration. I called CIC and they told me everything is in order and still in process (like the ecas say), but no letter has been sent so far. I am waiting for them to request police clearances and then for them to call me for the landing interview. My questions are:

1) Do they always request police clearances? I have read online that sometimes they don't and they search for them themselves. Is is true?
2) How long do you think it will take? If they ask me for police clearances and if they don't?
3) Does this mean I "passed" my medicals? I haven't gotten a letter from them requesting any additional tests.
4) How often do they update the ecas?

I know I have to be patient, but I kinda want to plan my life Cheesy

I appreciate your help!

Hi,
it really all depends. every case is different. don't worry about the stuff that they didn't ask, only send in stuff they ask for.
in terms of time every application is different. i'm guessing if everything is in order you should be pretty close to your sec stage DM.
i'm curios though did you do your medicals then they asked you to redo them? or did you send your medicals just very late?
because when I applied my application I did my medical in same time (aug,2011) and they've never asked about a test. except I got request for a set of finger prints and a photocopy of my valid passport/travel document.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Ann81 said:
Hey,

Thanx for all the info!! I was also wondering what is that some few of them have mentioned here about Etobicoke office will contact them after
they have recieved their 2nd stage approved. Is it the landing interview in Etobicoke? or an interview where they question the applicant and the sponsor?

What exactly does it mean wait till Etobicoke office will contact you after one gets the 2nd stage approval ? and some one mentioned here on the
forum some $$ ( fees) to be paid at Etobicoke office? Does it mean everything is through & u recieve ur PR going to Etobicoke ? if called

Hoping that someone would reply

Cheers,

Ann

Hey, Ann

when they call you for a second stage interview in the office its a quick little interview of some formality of some sort apparently. you are required to pay the $490 "Landing fee" as they call it if you haven't paid already they will ask for it. so pretty much when they call you for an interview you are almost done. they will give you a new sin # too.

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
Hey, Ann

when they call you for a second stage interview in the office its a quick little interview of some formality of some sort apparently. you are required to pay the $490 "Landing fee" as they call it if you haven't paid already they will ask for it. so pretty much when they call you for an interview you are almost done. they will give you a new sin # too.

Hey,

$490 fee isn't it that you pay already when u file ur application for the 1st time , some mere $500 I guess one pays at the very
beginning of the application! So did u get ur 2nd stage approval already ?? if so how many days apart did u hear to go to Etobicoke office ? I'm assuming
u are in toronto ? & if some other place then how long ( days or weeks) it took u to get an interview call or email ? after ur 2nd stage approval to go like
in this case I mean Etobicoke office??

Cheers,

Ann

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
Hi,
it really all depends. every case is different. don't worry about the stuff that they didn't ask, only send in stuff they ask for.
in terms of time every application is different. i'm guessing if everything is in order you should be pretty close to your sec stage DM.
i'm curios though did you do your medicals then they asked you to redo them? or did you send your medicals just very late?
because when I applied my application I did my medical in same time (aug,2011) and they've never asked about a test. except I got request for a set of finger prints and a photocopy of my valid passport/travel document.
Thanks for your reply! I applied inland and did not submit my medicals with my application. They requested them after i got AIP (also applied and obtained an OWP). I did them mid March and the ecas updated to "medicals received" around May. I haven't heard from immigration, yet. They requested an update to my Client history information, as well as passport renewal photocopy (they said to begin my security screening). They haven't requested any police clearances, yet. I called CIC and they told me no letters have been sent, but all is in order and still in process. They told me to call again in a month to check again. That's why I'm wondering if they will request police clearances at all.

Ann81

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Ann81 said:
Hey,

Appreciate ur reply! Thanx fr the info

Cheers,

Ann

Hey,

$490 fee isn't it that you pay already when u file ur application for the 1st time , some mere $500 I guess one pays at the very
beginning of the application! So did u get ur 2nd stage approval already ?? if so how many days apart did u hear to go to Etobicoke office ? I'm assuming
u are in toronto ? & if some other place then how long ( days or weeks) it took u to get an interview call or email ? after ur 2nd stage approval to go like

Cheers,

Ann

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
Ann81 said:
Hey,

Cheers,

Ann

the first fee you paid is for the application thats a different fee, this one is called "landing fee" so you still have to pay $490 the application fee and landing fee is about a $1000 together, i'm guessing you paid the first one.
I haven't got my second stage yet to give info about timing in etobicoke but the info I gave you regarding the interview and such are from other people who have been through it already.

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
Hi!

Scratch what i posted on the last page, i just checked the ecas and my app is on decision made now! Does this mean I got second stage? They got my medicals (did not request extra tests) but did not ask me for police (they asked me to update my client history info and provide passport renewal copy to begin my security screening). Does this mean they did the police clearances themselves? I'm gonna call CIC first thing in the morning. I hope it's finally done!

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
leli2012 said:
Hi!

Scratch what i posted on the last page, i just checked the ecas and my app is on decision made now! Does this mean I got second stage? They got my medicals (did not request extra tests) but did not ask me for police (they asked me to update my client history info and provide passport renewal copy to begin my security screening). Does this mean they did the police clearances themselves? I'm gonna call CIC first thing in the morning. I hope it's finally done!

Congratulation!!!!! my friend you got it, its the second stage approval!
I knew you'd be pretty close if everything was in order. very good news for you! now you can relax :)

but update us with your progress, we are still waiting :'(

leli2012

Aug 17, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
Congratulation!!!!! my friend you got it, its the second stage approval!
I knew you'd be pretty close if everything was in order. very good news for you! now you can relax :)

but update us with your progress, we are still waiting :'(
thanks! I called CIC today and they told me the decision made happened yesterday, so she cannot confirm it is "second stage" approval, but what happens now is they send it to my local office and they will let me know when the landing interview is. It should be the landing interview, that's what they told me.

So is it more likely that they approved it? Also, since it is done, they won't ask me for anything else?

I hope it's done soon!!!!

kuojason

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 7 2011
Doc's Request.
Sept 2012 (updated background & 2rd medical request)
AOR Received.
March 2012
Med's Request
Oct 2012 (second time)
kuojason said:
HELP!!!

My spouse got the OWP & Stage 1 approval back in March.

The current problem seems to be that the medical result from the submission have expired?

We still are waiting for the CIC to confirm they can extend the medical result???

The call center just mentioned that we just have to wait??? It been 6 months of waiting and no result.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Our application seems to be taking a long time as our application was received back in April 7 2011.

She got the first stage approval [ AIP (approval in principal) ] back in March 2012. (11 months wait)

Please note we didn't have to provide any more additional info or interview.

Now we been waiting 17 months since our application was received.

Is waiting this long this normal for Winnipeg, Manitoba location?