PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Am_lina11 said:
I don't know what happens after you land, as i only plan and pray to land as soon as possible, but I know your SIN will change from 9 and won't have an expiration date, what happens to health card I really don't know. Hope some members have a better answer for you.
temporary resident of Canada has a SIN starts at 9., Starts at 6 for those PR & citizen. With the health card, still the same health card number once PR is approved. I think:)

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Am_lina11 said:
For Social Insurance Number (SIN) you need to find Service Canada office in your city/town and show up in person. You will need valid work permit and your passport. My SIN was expired so I brought my old SIN with me. You come up to reception they put you in the line and you wait. Then an agent will call your name, look at your work permit, passport, verify some info and that is it. You will get SIN in the mail after 10-14 business days.

Health card: I have never had one, so will just share what I know and will do tomorrow. I found an office downtown for Health Care Insurance Registration Service. I went there and a lady at the register gave me an application to fill in and asked my husband (who is Canadian and therefore will add me to his health care plan) to sign that application. What is more I will need to bring my passport and valid work permit. I filled in an application, my husband signed it so I will try my luck tomorrow, will let you know how it goes.

Hope that helps. And bear in my mind all provinces may have different requirement, I live in Calgary, Alberta.
Some clerk at the registry will ask for a proof of resident for AHCIP. For those who doesn't have a driver's license or Alberta ID, bills or bank statement in your name can be use. You can get an Alberta ID too with OWP, less than 20 bucks for the Alberta ID.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
waiting mode^__* said:
temporary resident of Canada has a SIN starts at 9., Starts at 6 for those PR & citizen. With the health card, still the same health card number once PR is approved. I think:)
Actually it depends which province you live.

The first digit of the SIN usually indicates the province/territory where it was first issued

"1" is allocated to the Atlantic Provinces, "2" and "3" to Quebec, "4" and "5" to Ontario, "6" to the Prairie Provinces, and "7" to the West (B.C. and Yukon).

z.yahya

Mar 29, 2012
lilizinha said:
Sorry my mistake, you are right

■Committed to being physically present in Alberta for at least 183 days in a 12 month period (NOTE: Periods of temporary absence will be counted as being physically present in Alberta. If you are planning to be away for more than six months, contact our office.);
Where exactly did you read about this if you don't mind me asking? I also live in Alberta.

kamiro

Apr 25, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PanEva said:
Anyone here got their BC health care card while waiting for first stage?
For us, we actually got our BC Care Card which is available to temporary residents that have a student or working permit. It can be a pain in the butt to maintain as you need to submit a copy of your permit every time you renew. It is also only valid till the end of the work/study permit. I'm not sure if a person is still eligible for a BC Care Card during implied status (You'd have to call to double check)

"Certain other individuals, such as some holders of study and/or work permits, or working permits on working holiday programs, which are issued under the federal Immigration and Refugee Protection Act are deemed to be residents, but tourists or visitors to B.C. do not qualify" www dot hibc dot gov dot bc dot ca

MSP Information is available by calling: Vancouver: 604 683-7151 Toll-free: 1 800 663-7100

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
z.yahya said:
Where exactly did you read about this if you don't mind me asking? I also live in Alberta.
AHCIP website.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
kalamkm said:
Hello Everyone

I'm applying for Canada PR under CEC.

I need your expert advice regarding police verification certificates.

I've got PCC from my home country. I was in Uruguay(on Business Visa) for 8 months.
I contacted Uruguay Embassy for police clearance certificate, but as per the rules they need "cedula identidad" to initiate police verification process.

"cedula identidad" is an Identity document, which is not issued for anyone on Business Visa.

I dont have "cedula identidad" document and not sure how I can proceed with my PR application.

Will it be any issue if I apply for PR without the police certificate from Uruguay.

Thanks
Kalamkm
CEC, did you mean Canadian Experience Class? If yes, you may want to look more for correct thread for your class since this is the one for Inland Spouse Sponsorship. Any date/month calculation won't match yours.

If you just want to ask about police cert specific in Uruguay, you may keep crossing fingers to find people from Uruguay and get their experience here. Cheers!

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Hey guys
I got a DM on April 27th, they sent me a letter to requesting to renew my passport. I renewed it and sent and they received it today June 5th, I just wanna know how long will it take Scarborough office to contact me I'm guessing that I'm in stage 2

liza-laziza

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
grcan said:
I'm also in Quebec and had to redo my medical... May I ask how long it's been since you redid the medical? I was just wondering how long they take, as we'd like to go on vacation, but I'm worried they might schedule the landing while we're gone... Thanks!!
It's been almost 3 months already! It's taking them so long! You can find out your Bring forward date if you get a good agent on the phone: until then you can be almost sure they won't schedule your interview!

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
z.yahya said:
If you check this page you can find more info

http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/Q-who-is-eligible.html

Markm

Jun 1, 2012
kamiro said:
For us, we actually got our BC Care Card which is available to temporary residents that have a student or working permit. It can be a pain in the butt to maintain as you need to submit a copy of your permit every time you renew. It is also only valid till the end of the work/study permit. I'm not sure if a person is still eligible for a BC Care Card during implied status (You'd have to call to double check)

"Certain other individuals, such as some holders of study and/or work permits, or working permits on working holiday programs, which are issued under the federal Immigration and Refugee Protection Act are deemed to be residents, but tourists or visitors to B.C. do not qualify" www dot hibc dot gov dot bc dot ca

MSP Information is available by calling: Vancouver: 604 683-7151 Toll-free: 1 800 663-7100
Actually, you don't need a work/student permit to get MSP in BC - my wife is here under implied status, and we applied, and were accepted. It does have an expiry date of 1 year however.

qw123

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Montreal
Visa Office......
Vigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-MAY-2011
Doc's Request.
25-MARCH-2012
Med's Done....
02-MAY-2011
LANDED..........
Aug 15th 2012
hey grcan or anybdy. I also received AIP where it says i can now apply for owp...my question is for medical request. would they mention to do anothr medical on AIP letter or you received a whole different letter for the request. DId the request to do another medical come with AIP or days later.
thanks

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
qw123 said:
hey grcan or anybdy. I also received AIP where it says i can now apply for owp...my question is for medical request. would they mention to do anothr medical on AIP letter or you received a whole different letter for the request. DId the request to do another medical come with AIP or days later.
thanks
hey qw123, our request for medical was in the AIP letter... We received three envelopes on the same day in the mail: one was a letter to me (sponsor) saying I was eligible to sponsor, the other was a letter to my husband (applicant), saying he's been approved in principle, and to redo the medical within 90 days, and the third had his OWP in it.

grcan

Nov 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30, 2011
AOR Received.
June 8, 2011
Med's Request
May 8, 2012
Med's Done....
May 24, 2012
liza-laziza said:
It's been almost 3 months already! It's taking them so long! You can find out your Bring forward date if you get a good agent on the phone: until then you can be almost sure they won't schedule your interview!
Thanks for answering... maybe we'll be able to go on vacation after all! What exactly do you mean by Bring Forward date? Thnx :)