Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-07-2012
Thanks for all your advice about the medical examination :)
do you know if i must go to the doctor who speaks my official language or it is up to me!!! as i noted that in CIC

"In Canada, if the nearest Designated Medical Practitioner offering services in your preferred official language is located more than 242 kilometres (150 miles) from where you live, please contact the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 to find out how to access immigration medical examination services in your preferred official language."

CIC phone problem started from yesterday :-[ ,,, try to send mail may it works

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
Am_lina11 said:
Is anyone else experiencing problems when dialing CIC today? Or is it just me?
The best time to call is Thursdays and Friday's from 6pm to 7pm

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
I think it doesn't matter if a doctor speaks your native language, as long as you understand basic English and can answer doctor's questions. All you need is a designated doctor :) good luck.

I called CIC number this morning and automated system was just fine and then in 5 min I decided to call an agent and the whole system was down. Weird...
Ematina said:
Thanks for all your advice about the medical examination :)
do you know if i must go to the doctor who speaks my official language or it is up to me!!! as i noted that in CIC

"In Canada, if the nearest Designated Medical Practitioner offering services in your preferred official language is located more than 242 kilometres (150 miles) from where you live, please contact the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 to find out how to access immigration medical examination services in your preferred official language."

CIC phone problem started from yesterday :-[ ,,, try to send mail may it works

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Dorina said:
Hey guys,

Just an update: I got my PR card two days ago. So I don't know if you need it for the chart or what.
But really glad it's finally over. And looking forward to going for a visit home.
Anyone else get theirs?

Good luck to those still in the process and congrats to those who have completed it. Best of luck in future endeavours.
Congratulations :)

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
arjun29 said:
HEY GUYS THE CALL CENTER IS BACK UP ND RUNNING...........
any good news? :)

brookechung

Mar 26, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
02-05-2012
Dorina said:
Hey guys,

Just an update: I got my PR card two days ago. So I don't know if you need it for the chart or what.
But really glad it's finally over. And looking forward to going for a visit home.
Anyone else get theirs?

Good luck to those still in the process and congrats to those who have completed it. Best of luck in future endeavours.

Hello Dorina,

Congratulations....Does it take you 8 weeks to get the PR card?
I am still waiting for mine and it's only been around 4 weeks since my landing but I already booked the trip in the middle of June.

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:D ;D ;D
There are really good news for me!!!

I just talked to an agent and now I know I have AIP!!!!!!!!!

I am extatic! Happy! Happy! Happy!

No DM yet as they requested police certificate from my home country, but that is ok!!!

I am so freaking happy!!!!!!

For Joanna:
AIP - 30 May 2012

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Am_lina11 said:
:D ;D ;D
There are really good news for me!!!

I just talked to an agent and now I know I have AIP!!!!!!!!!

I am extatic! Happy! Happy! Happy!

No DM yet as they requested police certificate from my home country, but that is ok!!!

I am so freaking happy!!!!!!

For Joanna:
AIP - 30 May 2012
Congratulations!!
One question for you if you don't mind :)
I read that a lot of people needed to redo their medical exams.
As I read it is valid for 12 months but the process also takes that long so in most cases the medical exams will expire.
I noticed that you sent your medical exams on March 2011 and your papers on July 6 2011.
Did they mention that they need new ones or everything was good?
It seems weird to me that the meds expire after a year and the process itself can take up to a year.

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
avigtr said:
Congratulations!!
As I read it is valid for 12 months but the process also takes that long so in most cases the medical exams will expire.
I noticed that you sent your medical exams on March 2011 and your papers on July 6 2011.
It seems weird to me that the meds expire after a year and the process itself can take up to a year.
I applied in June and I submitted the medical end of September. Just to give you more time until you land

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
:) I know it is weird, and was expecting they will ask to redo my medical as well as send a new police certificate. What I heard they extended 12 months to 15 months just recently. So now even expired medical will count for anothe 3 months.
What is more, I think they prolong medical to those people who didn't leave the country during the process. For example my friend left for Mexico and was asked to redo her medical. I am not 100% sure, just my guess.
It is also strange that they asked for my police certificate as I never left Canada and couldn't commit any crime back home, and they checked my criminal before I got my first visa to Canada. No logic, just every case different!
avigtr said:
Congratulations!!

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Aiman said:
I applied in June and I submitted the medical end of September. Just to give you more time until you land
I thought at the beginning that as long as there a year from the point you took the exam to the day you send them they are valid.
For example any police certificate will be valid for a short time (3-6 moths depends on the country)so why don't they asked for them again?
Because I am in Canada and they can check with the police so why isn't it the same with medicals?
The reason I asked her is that she took the test on March 2011 and submitted the papers on July 6 2011 so they were outdated for sure.
I just don't like when there is no sense,if the process is a year make the meds good for 18 months..unless you are looking to take another 200$ from people that aren't allowed to work...

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
If they did change it to 15 months then its great :) It sounds greedy to me and unfair to make you take another medical test and pay another 220$ and wait more,
so I am very happy for you that they didn't ask for it :)
I didn't understand what you said about the criminal record,did they ask you to send it again?
as far as I understand the criminal record has to be valid at least until you enter Canada(the record is usually valid for 3 months) and from then they can check on you in the local database...

BTW:
They approved July 4Th applicant but on their website they write "Working on applications received on April 30, 2011"
Someone from their IT needs to be talked to :)

Am_lina11 said:
:) I know it is weird, and was expecting they will ask to redo my medical as well as send a new police certificate. What I heard they extended 12 months to 15 months just recently. So now even expired medical will count for anothe 3 months.
What is more, I think they prolong medical to those people who didn't leave the country during the process. For example my friend left for Mexico and was asked to redo her medical. I am not 100% sure, just my guess.
It is also strange that they asked for my police certificate as I never left Canada and couldn't commit any crime back home, and they checked my criminal before I got my first visa to Canada. No logic, just every case different!

Am_lina11

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6 2011
Doc's Request.
30 May 2012
Med's Done....
March 2011/ June 2012
Sorry if I am expressing myself unclear. I think it is weird that they asked for police clearance as I had one done before I left for Canada (back home). I never left Canada since then so I couldn't commit any crime physically back home. Still they ask for police certificate. Just an observation....

I am also happy they didn't ask for my medical again. I heard lots of people get their medical extended.

In any case I haven't seen the letter yet, all I have are the words of an agent who confirmed my AIP. I will let you know what exactly they want from me when I get a letter. :)

avigtr said:
If they did change it to 15 months then its great :) It sounds greedy to me and unfair to make you take another medical test and pay another 220$ and wait more,
so I am very happy for you that they didn't ask for it :)
I didn't understand what you said about the criminal record,did they ask you to send it again?
as far as I understand the criminal record has to be valid at least until you enter Canada(the record is usually valid for 3 months) and from then they can check on you in the local database...

BTW:
They approved July 4Th but on their website the write "Working on applications received on April 30, 2011"
Someone from their IT needs to be talked to :)