Inland Application 2011

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aiman said:
Hey guy
I was just wondering... To those who already got their landing interviews and still or got their PR Card. Did CIC return your file or not??? How does it work !
They do not return your documents at all. i guess they keep them in the archive! and also once you landed you have to give them all the documents that were issued by them (CIC) such working visa OWP study permit etc!

hope that helps Aiman

angelparnes

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville,alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berber_amazigh said:
If you take a look at our inland 2011 chart you will see that Edmonton usually takes around 2-3 months to get a landing letter!But you never know it might even arrive sooner!
Once you get the landing letter you will find a list of what you need such photo and all the document issued by CIC!
Good luck!

oh my!!!so it's gonna be a long wait again!!so what would i should do, is it ok if i'll apply for my sin in order to get a job cause waiting for the landing interview is not a joke..i do have sin number already casue i do have a vaild work permit eversince i applied for my pr but it's just a close permit,and now that i have my open work permit,should i still change my sin or just stay as it is?thank you?

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Berber_amazigh said:
They do not return your documents at all. i guess they keep them in the archive! and also once you landed you have to give them all the documents that were issued by them (CIC) such working visa OWP study permit etc!

hope that helps Aiman
They don't return the documents but some people did get the photos or other original docs (like marriage certificate) back, I think that depends on the situation.

On the other hand, the officer won't take away your docs (such as working/study permit), the officer told me to keep that for memory and also I might need them later when I apply citizenship.

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berber_amazigh said:
I forgot to ask you did you apply for the health card?
Health card? no, I thought I should apply for it after the landing interview? no? tell me more please ?

canadianwife43

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8 2011
Came to Canada June 24 2011, applied for work permitt and PR, application received sept 9th 2011,. Nothing yet :-[...On my checklist we included everything just like it said physical, fingerprints, background check,...we didnt miss anything!...now just waiting ,...My husband found a thread on here somewhere that showed a bunch of timelines, some say they have received their work permitts by now and their apps were recived June of 2011,...anyone know where this thread may be?

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
I got mine after I got my open work permit(I didn't apply earlier because I'm out of status before I applied for sponsorship),6 months before I got my PR..

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mila_mac said:
Health card? no, I thought I should apply for it after the landing interview? no? tell me more please ?
Yes You can apply for your Health card at any service Ontario and just take your decision made letter and proof of residency , and a piece of ID
Passport,credit card etc.

Good luck!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwife43 said:
Came to Canada June 24 2011, applied for work permitt and PR, application received sept 9th 2011,. Nothing yet :-[...On my checklist we included everything just like it said physical, fingerprints, background check,...we didnt miss anything!...now just waiting ,...My husband found a thread on here somewhere that showed a bunch of timelines, some say they have received their work permitts by now and their apps were recived June of 2011,...anyone know where this thread may be?
If they received you application on September you have to wait at least another 3 months just stay strong as they are working on applications received on July.

Cheers,

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YEEEHAAAA
JUST GOT THE LETTER!!!!!!
MY LANDING INTERVIEW is on June 21, Scarborough office!!! It's been 2 months since I got the DM letter.
Finally!!!!

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mila_mac said:
YEEEHAAAA
JUST GOT THE LETTER!!!!!!
MY LANDING INTERVIEW is on June 21, Scarborough office!!! It's been 2 months since I got the DM letter.
Finally!!!!
Wow same date i knew it!! big congrats!!
what time is your landing?
mine is at 8:15

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Berber_amazigh said:
Wow same date i knew it!! big congrats!!
what time is your landing?
mine is at 8:15
mine is at 11 am
My god!!! it's really happening!!!!! I was trying to call the call center to ask what's taking them so long!!! LOL
I have a question though...first I applied as a refugee and my passport is at the other immigration center... I guess I should go there and ask them to give it back to me..
and the letter says that I should bring all the papers ever issued to me from the immigration....what are these papers?

Berber_amazigh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mila_mac said:
mine is at 11 am
My god!!! it's really happening!!!!! I was trying to call the call center to ask what's taking them so long!!! LOL
I have a question though...first I applied as a refugee and my passport is at the other immigration center... I guess I should go there and ask them to give it back to me..
and the letter says that I should bring all the papers ever issued to me from the immigration....what are these papers?
I am so happy for you and you are lucky you have a better time 11!
For me i have to wake up so early grrrr!

anyways Yes you definitely need to get your passport from the immigration center!
And gather all the documents you received by CIC such as DM letter, Landing Letter, AIP letter, Open Work Permit and other kind of visas even if they issued a study permit u have to bring in it ! and also there a list for refugee and documents that you have to bring!
Congrats again we r almost done!!

prjmdl

Sep 29, 2011
Hi guys,

I need some insights on the timings and what to expect.

I send the PR paperwork for Skilled worker NOC 0611 in September and received a confirmation e-mail December 6th from the Sydney Office saying they will process my application. I am doing my application while working in Canada.

When do you think I will receive a new response? And what are the next steps?

Thank you all,

Aiman

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
27-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sooooon
LANDED..........
Sooooon
mila_mac said:
mine is at 11 am
Hey
We have the same case. My passport was expired long time ago and I applied for refugee before if you were reporting while waiting for an answer for the sponsorship. You should get your passport from
6900 Airport Rd just bring the letter ad your drivers license and they'll give it to you on the spot also don't forget to ask them to cancel the phone reporting if u were asked to do it

I'm still waiting for my Passport to b renewed :(

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aiman said:
Hey
We have the same case. My passport was expired long time ago and I applied for refugee before if you were reporting while waiting for an answer for the sponsorship. You should get your passport from
6900 Airport Rd just bring the letter ad your drivers license and they'll give it to you on the spot also don't forget to ask them to cancel the phone reporting if u were asked to do it

I'm still waiting for my Passport to b renewed :(
oh yeah?
well, in the letter they attached an application to fill ( about my passport, when it was seized and in what office) and asked to fax it to them ...I just did...should I better go to the airoport road?
I'm confused...